Isle of Palms Travel Answers

change location

restaurants and barrier eco tour

by izzybellebutton Online Now Jul 17, 2004 at 7:07 PM

Hi, We are going to Isle of Palm in Sept. Is the barrier tour worth it? Also we are looking for a nice restaurant for a special dinner one night. Any ideas? We don't want to go into Charleston for dinner. Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: restaurants and barrier eco tour

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 17, 2004 at 8:58 PM

I have never taken the barrier island tour - if you take it I'd be interested in what you think of it. We've been to two restaurants in the area. One is at the Isle of Palms marina - unfortunately, when we went there it was called the Bay Cafe, and it went out of business and is now Morgan Creek Cafe www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4... I cannot speak to the food, but it has a wonderful view out over the ICW. The other place we've been is not actually on Isle of Palms but is on Sullivan's Island . It's called Station 22 www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4... Poe's Tavern is also there, but it isn't quite as upscale a place. Also if you go down US 17, there are some good restauarnts in Shem's Creek. www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4... I've heard that Water's Edge is good although I haven't been there. And of course Mt. Pleasant is only about 4 miles from Isle of Palms

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • oopsyd's Profile Photo

RE: restaurants and barrier eco tour

by oopsyd Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 2:28 PM

We go to IOP every year in late July and my husband and I love a place on the IOP downtown strip. It's just off the beach a few doors down from the Hoilday Inn. It's called the One -eyed parrot. The atmosphere is casual but the food is exquisite. They have a really nice wine list. It is on the second floor of the building that the Banana Cabana is in. GO UPSTAIRS.These are two very different places and the first floor place is pretty bad. Have fun. We're heading that way at the end of the week. If we decide to tkae a tour I'll let you know about it. We have a 3 1/2 year old so our touring is limited.
    Courtney

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines