Travel Answers
Isle of Man

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation from Ireland or Scotland to the Isle of Man in October?

Isle of Man Mar 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Hi there!
      I'm wondering if anyone know of any transportation that runs from either Ireland or Scotland to the Isle of Man in Oct.
      I am doing 5 weeks in Ireland, with a quick jaunt to Scotland, this year and would like to be on the Isle of Man at the end of that month.

But in looking at the major ocean ferries, etc., none seem to run that time of year. Any inside info would be great!
      Thanks!

Kari C.

more

Popular Isle of Man Travel Answer Locations

• Transportation from Ireland or Scotland to the Isle of Man in October?

Isle of Man Mar 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Hi there!
      I'm wondering if anyone know of any transportation that runs from either Ireland or Scotland to the Isle of Man in Oct.
      I am doing 5 weeks in Ireland, with a quick jaunt to Scotland, this year and would like to be on the Isle of Man at the end of that month.

But in looking at the major ocean ferries, etc., none seem to run that time of year. Any inside info would be great!
      Thanks!

Kari C.

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Ellie22's Profile Photo

Has anyone walked the Raad Ny Foillan (way of the gull) IOM before?

Isle of Man Mar 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Although I have been to the island several times I have only ever done short walks on some parts of the coastal path and would really appreciate any tips or advice anyone has on doing it.

• Peel Bus Depot

Peel Jan 27, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Hi - I'm looking for some history on the old Peel Bus Depot/Station, ie, when was it built, who built it etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

1 Answer Jan 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • does anyone know if there is any free camping in isle of man tt 2014 race week please?

Isle of Man Nov 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

hey, does anyone know if there is any free camping in isle of man tt 2014 race week please?

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM
    • Best time to visit?

Isle of Man Oct 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM

What is the best time of year to visit the Isle of Man? Looking at my diary for 2014, it appears that we will either be able to come on the early May bank holiday weekend (Fri May 2 - Mon May 5) or the late August bank holiday weekend (Fri Aug 22 - Mon Aug 25). Having never been before, I'm wondering which would be the better choice.

Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    • Has anyone got a spare ferry ticket for bike and rider for the 2014 TT?

Isle of Man Sep 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Has anyone got a spare ferry ticket for bike and rider for the 2014 TT? I'd prefer to go out from Liverpool on 30th May and come back on 4th June but I am flexible.

• Free ferry and camping tickets

Isle of Man May 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I have a return ticket from Heysham on 25th May to Douglas, returning 12th June (you can return at any time) for 1 passenger plus a motorcycle.I also have camping booked at Braddon Football club from 25th May for 6 nights, then 10 nights at Quarterbridge campsite. I cannot get to the TT this year as I am stuck on an oil rig in the North Sea, so anyone wanting these tickets can have them. I know it's short notice but they might as well get used by somebody. First come, first served.

• tt races

Isle of Man May 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

which hotels are close to the tt races

1 Answer May 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

explore using feet,public transport

Isle of Man Mar 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Have arrived on the Heysham Ferry and have 3 full days to explore....would love some ideas as what to see. We are more outdoor exploring types...and would appreciate some must see, must do ideas...not big coffee,shopping,long lunch people.Am arriving mid July. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • ranger49's Profile Photo

Any regular and frequent visitors to Mann out there?

Isle of Man Dec 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM

It is over 50 years since my last visit to the Isle of Man. In those days I lived in the north of England and we went by Ferry from Fleetwood.
      Now I live in South Wales - 45 minutes from Cardiff & Bristol airports but I have not found a regular air service from either of those to the IoM.

One of our grown up children and family have recently gone to live on the Island- they use the Heysham ferry and Manchester airport for to-ing and fro-ing.
      Can anyone recommend the most convenient way to travel from South Wales to the IoM without too much driving before reaching the point of departure?
      At the moment it is looking like a long haul overland for aged Parents - so any advice appreciated.

12 Answers Dec 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    • Restaurants and Pubs

Isle of Man Aug 14, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I just wanted to find out - why does some of the place in Isle of Man not serve food from 14:00 - 18:00 during the day in pubs and restaurants?

3 Answers Aug 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    • Nikki65's Profile Photo

Best length of time to enjoy Isle of Man

Isle of Man Feb 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I am planning a 22 day trip around Ireland and wanted to spend the end of it in Isle of Mann. Depending on how I arrange things, I have between 3 to 7 days to work with. How much time is required to comfortably get a feel for the sights on this island, especially compared with the benefits of lengthening the Ireland part of the trip?

Thanks

3 Answers Feb 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    • AngieGo's Profile Photo

Isle of Man in January...too cold, too boring, or too awesome?

Isle of Man Nov 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hi All,

I'll be in London in December, then a jaunt to Paris in January, and am wondering if it is worth it to head to Isle of Man on the way to Ireland. Any thoughts? Will it be too cold to really do anything? Are the interesting venues opened or closed?

3 Answers Nov 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    • Visiting IOM and family

Isle of Man Aug 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I'm going to the Isle of Man in the begining of September, what will the weather be like?

3 Answers Aug 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    • September on the I.O.M

Isle of Man Jul 27, 2011 at 5:12 AM

I shall be holidaying on the Isle of Man first two weeks in September, staying at Ramsy and wonder whether anyone could advise if there are are local festivals etc going on at that time. Places of interest and good nights out (restaurants and pubs mostly as I am no disco diva anymore...although love live music (rock). Any information gratefully received. Am staying with my daughter but she has only just moved ionto the island so together we know virtually nothing, neither of us having ever been there before. HELP!

1 Answer Jul 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    • tzuki's Profile Photo

IoM 2011

Isle of Man Jun 2, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Hi Vters,

Me and my partner, will be in the IoM from June 5th to June 13th, visiting the island and also for some motorbike racing watching and photographing ;)

We donĀ“t have a set up agenda, but I will be checking my email time to time.
      also there is my tel 07500540889 in the case someone want to say hello and share some drinks and views from the island and the racing together.

Cheers and smiles,
      Gloria (Vter tzuki)

• Transport from sctoland to IOM

Isle of Man Jun 11, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Heya!!

Im spending the summer in Scotland (Glasgow,Edinburgh) and I wanna go to Isle of man.
      Can anyone tell me the cheapest transport from scotland to Douglas?

Thank you very much! Hope u can help me!
      x x

3 Answers Jun 11, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

A few mixed questions on the Isle and travel options etc...

Isle of Man Apr 27, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Hello all
      Planning a weekend in the Isle of Man sometime in the next couple of months. We will be visiting from Dublin, so naturally the ferry from Dublin sounds like a good idea.
      Can anyone tell me if there is a Sunday boat back to Ireland as it doesn't appear so! I'm found a Monday one alright but i don't have the days to spare unfortunately. I'm kind of hoping i won't have to fly back on the Sunday but it may come to that. I kinda felt the whole boat thing was part of the Isle of Man experience :)
      Also, hotels and B&B's on the island. Can anyone recommend the best based on their experience? It's definitely budget accomodation for us anyway, so hotels etc are out of the question!
      What's the social life like on the Isle? Is Douglas where all the action is at night?
      Also, cultural and tourist attractions. Can you recommend the top 5 for me please? I've seen some cool pics of an old coastal castle and some country lanes with nice views... but no doubt the people of this forum are much better informed than i am :)
      Can't wait to hear all the input! :)
      Thanks!
      DG

2 Answers Apr 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    • Ferries from Belfast in November?

Isle of Man Apr 12, 2010 at 4:00 AM

We're hoping to visit the Isle of Man in November (around the 24th or 25th), taking the ferry from Belfast. So far, it looks like the ferries aren't running then. Any other options?

• RobThornton's Profile Photo

transport

Isle of Man Sep 20, 2009 at 6:04 AM

Are the transport passes available in November. I arrive 14th November and would like to explore as much of the island as possible over three days.

1 Answer Sep 20, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    • June 2010 Accommodations!:)

Isle of Man May 11, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Dear Virtual Tourist IOM Forum,

My husband and I are planning a trip to the IOM from June 1-13, 2010.
      We want to stay someplace comfy, clean & safe, but under 100. pounds a night for a room. The Sefton is 200 pounds a night, and Mount Murray is 127. a night.

Any recommendations out there for us? The Silvercraig seems okay, and so does the Arrandale Hotel. Any opinions about how these two compare? Also looking at: Claremont Hotel, The Town House, Welbeck Hotel, and would very much like to find out about "Dreem Ard."

We would appreciate any tips and knowledge you might be able to pass along:)

Sara
      Fortuna, CA

2 Answers Aug 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    • angelsofireland's Profile Photo

psychic/mediums

Isle of Man May 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Hi , just wodering if there are any "Genuine" psychic / mediums on the island , also I have read that they are working on the Arcade , it is a long time since we last visited and am dissapointed to hear that the Arcade is gone , any updates on if it is finished ??

• Advice with Easter Break to Isle of Man

Isle of Man Mar 15, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Hi, Me and the Hubby and 2 young kids are thinking of spending easter break in the Isle of man and where looking some pointers. What would be the best hotel to stay in and can you suggest any good things to see or good places to eat. Cheers

1 Answer Mar 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    • Silverdale Restaurant for Wedding

Isle of Man Oct 3, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Hi. Has anyone used the Silverdale Restaurant for a Wedding Breakfast or similar occasion. I have asked them twice for menus but have had nothing - since February 08! Bizzare reaction. Any clues anyone!?

1 Answer Oct 3, 2008 at 11:17 PM
    • foxymoxy's Profile Photo

best coastal cliff walks...

Isle of Man Aug 25, 2008 at 8:02 AM

can anyone advise me on this? we'll be on th IOM at the beginning of January so obviously distance is an issue since the short daylight... We are a young couple and could do 4-6 hours a day... Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 29, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Fairy Bridge

Isle of Man Jun 28, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I read about the Fairy Bridge and would like to go there. Can it be reached by public transport? Or would I have to take a taxi?
      Thank you for your help.

4 Answers Aug 15, 2008 at 4:10 AM
    • TT Races

Douglas Dec 22, 2007 at 6:45 AM

I would like to travel to the Isle of Mann to see the TT races. Is there a good location to stay in Douglas which is not 5-star expensive ? Also close to good local restaurants. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

3 Answers Jan 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM

Location of Grand Island Hotel in Ramsey?

Isle of Man Nov 7, 2007 at 2:01 AM

The Grand Island Hotel in Ramsey seems to be a very nice place and they offer good rates. But I wasn't able to find out much about its location. The website only gives advice how to get there by car. I'll have to rely on public transportation. How easy is it to get to the hotel by bus? Is it far from the town centre or close to any buses?
      I've decided to take the ferry to the Isle of Man and from what I've read about the railway it stops running around 4pm. The ferry comes in after 5pm, so I cannot take the railway. Are there buses going up to the Grand Island Hotel, Bride Road, Ramsey in late afternoon/ early evening in summer?

3 Answers Nov 9, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Any Motor Races in August 2008?

Isle of Man Nov 5, 2007 at 7:57 AM

I'm trying to find the times for the races in summer next year. The main event sems to be in May/June, but I remember something about a second race later in the year. The official Isle of Man website seems to be stuck on October 2007, so until this is fixed I can't get any information there.
      Does anybody know if there is another racing event in August 2008? I'm not interested in racing, and I would prefer to avoid it. Also, from what I've heard accomodation is more expensive then, which is another reason to avoid these dates.

6 Answers May 20, 2008 at 5:37 AM
    • Motorcycle Hire???

Isle of Man Aug 20, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Seeking one or two motorcycles to hire/borrow for my husband and myself, August 28-29, 2007. Are there any such providers or brave souls on the isle? I am having difficulty finding such a service through search engines... Thank you for your replies.

1 Answer Aug 20, 2007 at 1:37 PM