Isle of Man Travel Answers

change location

June 2010 Accommodations!:)

by daisysara Online Now May 11, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Dear Virtual Tourist IOM Forum,

My husband and I are planning a trip to the IOM from June 1-13, 2010.
We want to stay someplace comfy, clean & safe, but under 100. pounds a night for a room. The Sefton is 200 pounds a night, and Mount Murray is 127. a night.

Any recommendations out there for us? The Silvercraig seems okay, and so does the Arrandale Hotel. Any opinions about how these two compare? Also looking at: Claremont Hotel, The Town House, Welbeck Hotel, and would very much like to find out about "Dreem Ard."

We would appreciate any tips and knowledge you might be able to pass along:)

Sara
Fortuna, CA

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: June 2010 Accommodations!:)

by christine.j Online Now May 11, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Last summer I stayed in the Silvercraig hotel. I had a room overlooking the sea. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a TV set in the room,but it wasn't working, only one very fuzzy channel. I hadn't come to the Isle of Man to watch TV, so that was no problem.
    Breakfast was very good.
    I can recommend this hotel.
    If you want to read more, check out the VT pages of the IOM. I don't know when the TT race is next year, unless you're coming especially because of that, avoid this week.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: June 2010 Accommodations!:)

by Odinsraven Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM

if you are staying for two weeks consider renting a cottage there are a large number available throught the Island - email me and I will find you a full list.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Isle of Man Travel Answer Locations