Island of Newfoundland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Road weather

Niagara Falls Nov 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Hi I'm planing a trip on thanksgiving but I'm worried about the road from NY to Niagara Falls Canada will there be a lot of snow on the why? Can we get stuck? Will I need a 4x4?

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Yesterday

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

Newfoundland in late September

by Jefie Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

We have some time off at the end of September and are considering renting an RV and driving around Newfoundland. I did a quick check and many sites seem to close around mid-September. Is the end of September a good time to visit or should we wait until next year? We've never been to Newfoundland so we want to make the most of this first visit!

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Weather Question

by WhiteMughal Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

What are the season like in Newfoundland? I've been to BC, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, am going to visit Quebec. And am pondering a visit to Newfoundland.

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

I need some opinion on if I need to visit these places while in NFL or it is just ok

by 9tigers Online Now Jan 21, 2011 at 8:19 AM

and I can just not go bc it is not awesome just ok.

1) Conception Bay
      • Brigus
      • Harbour Grace
      • Bay De Verde and Grates Cove
      • Baccalieu Island Ecological Reserve
      • Cape St Mary Ecological Reserve
      • Trinity:
      • Bonavista
      • Burin (and hiking trail
      Gros Morne
      doing western Brook Bond boat tour

and back to st john area
      Downtown area
      • Signal Hill National Historic Site FREE
      www.pc.gc.ca/signalhill
      The city’s most famous landmark
      1. Cabot Tower 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m Daily is also free, provide a great view of the city.
      2. You can see Cannons and remains of the late 18-centruary British battery at Queen’s battery &
      Barracks further up the hills
      3. Visitor center 10 a.m. to 6 p.m M- F
      4. North head Trail connect Cabot Tower with battery neighborhood

• Quidi Vidi
      Over signal Hill, away from town is this tiny village, here you will find the oldest cottage in North America, Mallard Cottage (2 barrows rd FREE 9:30 – 4:30PM May – Sep)

• Basillica of St. John the Baptist
      http://www.thebasilica.ca/
      200 military Rd
      FREE 8 – 3PM M – F to 6PM sat and 12:30PM Sunday

• Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
      www.sji.ca/cathedral FREE
      22 churchhill, one of the finest Gothic architecture in North America
      10-Noon 2-4:30 M – Friday

• Fort Amherst
      Just across from signal Hill FREE open 24 hrs

• Government House
      www.mun.ca/govhouse
      on military Rd, it was built at the same time as the White House but 4 times the cost
      Built at the same time as white house but cost 4 times more

• Colonial building
      was the seat of government from 1850 – 1960, the limestone for the building was coming from cork, Ireland
      Military Rd and bannerman Rd
      Latterly next to the government house

North of St John
      • Ocean Science Center
      www.osc.mun.ca FREE 10 – 5PM
      It is about 8km north of St john just before Logy bay, from the city take Rt 30 (logy bay Rd) , then follow marine Dr to Marine Lab rd and take it to the end

• Secluded and Rocky, Middle Cove and outer cove are just a bit further north of Rt 30
      North at the head of Torbay Bight is the enjoyable short Father Troy path, which hug the shorelines. The view from the cap St Francis is worth the bumpy gravel Road from Porch cove

West Of St John
      • On Topsail rd (Rte 60), just pass paradise is topsail, and its panoramic view of conception bay and its islands

South of St John
      • Cape Spear national historic site
      • Witless Bay Ecological Reserve

8 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

I would like to see seabird and iceberg while in NFL, is early june better or later june?

by 9tigers Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 11:22 AM

how is weather like then like in the mid 50th?

• Cape St Mary Ecological Reserve
      • Baccalieu Island Ecological Reserve
      • Witless Bay Ecological Reserve

which one should I go if I want to see iceberg and seabirds , it would be great if I can see closely of them and not have to get on a boat

5 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    • Motorcycle trip to NF

by johnnieg2756 Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 8:19 AM

My wife/myself and dog are also hoping to get to NS and NL in July of 2010. I've read that NL has the worst roads of the provinces and also you should carry extra fuel with you. Is this something that should concern us or is this just rumers? We have ridden to NS before with no problems and also to Alaska. Really looking forward to coming back again. Would July be a good month to come to NS and NL? Thanks for any info you can provide.
      Johnnie

2 Answers Feb 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    • Costs and operating dates of ferries to Newfoundland and camping sites

by dunlapsville Online Now Jan 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Hi All,

What would it cost to transport myself and my motorcycle from the mainland and back for all of the ferries? What dates do they run? Where is a good place to camp on the island? What is the the one thing that you have to see there in May?

2 Answers Jan 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    • St John's/nearby info

by TominNH Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Hi:

We're arriving in St John's 26 July & have hotel reservations. However, the car rental reservation got 'lost'(will handle that on arrival, hopefully). But need suggestions as to 'what to do' for 3 days if we should be limited to St John's/nearby area with transportation via taxi/public transportation/tour bus, etc. Many thanks.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 9:59 AM
    • hotel/b&b reservations in newfoundland in July

by dino783 Online Now Jul 13, 2003 at 8:05 AM

Hi I am flying in to St. John's on July 19th and renting a car for a week. We plan on seeing St. John's area, then travelling possibly to Trepassey, Harbour Grace, Bonavista, Twillingate. We do not yet have reservations for places to stay aside from our first night -- do you think that is ok? That is, do you think we will have trouble getting rooms for the nights? Its just that we don't really want to reserve ahead of time as we are not sure how far we will travel each day.

1 Answer Dec 12, 2003 at 7:38 PM