change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ina08's Profile Photo

Tip for a restaurant to celebrate

Edinburgh Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

On Friday I will have my graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University (yes, I am a "mature" student, lol). Since we are busy on the Friday I would like to celebrate in a nice place the evening before.

What am I looking for? A nice, thoughtful atmosphere, setting and location, inspiring and attractive food and drinks, expense range: I would draw the line at 50 Pounds per person (it's a celebration, isn't it smiley??). We do not have a car and are staying at Portobello, so any place that is reachable by public transport or also by taxi will be fine.

I look forward to your suggestions. And maybe you'd like to join me for a drink on Saturday, I have posted a VT Meet.

more
    • scotty73's Profile Photo

transportation

by scotty73 Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Travelling over to Mull from Oban end of November is there a bus service from the ferry terminal to Tobermory

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • UzairAbdullah's Profile Photo

ticket cost

by UzairAbdullah Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 8:11 AM

how much is a ticket to the island of mull by airplane

6 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    • What to do for a day on Isle of Mull

by wackywidow Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I am traveling with my four children, ages 21-14, to Scotland. We want to visit the Duart Castle but wasn't sure whether it was worth taking our rental car to the Isle so we could travel around. Or, just book the package which includes ferry passage, coach and entrance to the castle. Are there beaches near the castle to walk to?

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    • Ferries to Mull

by jfwnc Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

We have been told by our travel agent that rental car companies will not allow their cars to take the ferry to the Isle of Mull. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

6 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM
    • nickandchris's Profile Photo

Camping Spots For A Motorhome

by nickandchris Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Anyone know of free camping places on Mull for a motorhome,preferably on the coast as we have a small boat?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 12:22 PM
    • b+b

by goanagain Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 1:20 PM

can any one suggest a good,reasonable b+b near an out of town pub but cose to beaches please

2 Answers Apr 18, 2006 at 10:47 AM
    • karen_mo's Profile Photo

Quiet spots

by karen_mo Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 11:09 AM

HI there,
      We are going to Mull in April for 4 days and would love some tips of spots to walk for a bit of peace and quiet. We have a guide book to tell us all the tourist points but we fancied a day of walking in some nice scenery (sea or mountain). Can someone recommend a good walk, where would we need to drive to to start out. Are there any walking guides available when we get to the island. (staying in Tobermory but catching ferry from Oban)

Many thanks, Karen

5 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 12:21 PM
    • ringleader's Profile Photo

Visiting Mull overnight

by ringleader Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 9:42 AM

How about the Isle of Mull. Does anyone know about the car ferries (and prices) available and a good place to stay overnight? What else would there be to see and do there if our family stayed there overnight?

4 Answers Mar 3, 2004 at 6:50 AM