Islamabad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trekking to K 2

Pakistan Apr 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Can someone provide suggestions to trek to K2 base camp?

more
    • Road Trip from Islamabad to Gilgit

Pakistan Apr 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

my husband and i are planning to drive from Islamabad to Gilgit and later down to Skardu. i would like to get suggestion for the best route to take to enjoy beautiful sceneries. would also like to find out the road condition, is it hilly with lots of dangerous corners or peaceful village road? How many days you suggest to spend on this route.

thank you in advance for any feedback.

more
    • Road conditions

Skardu Apr 13, 2014 at 6:07 AM

how is the road condition of sakardu at that time is it too risky or normal

more
    • Bus from Islamabad Airport to New Mirpur AK

Pakistan Mar 23, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Hello everyone,
      What bus/coach service is there from Islamabad Airport to New Mirpur AK? Where do I find it and how long is the journey?
      Thankyou

more
    • Internet & Phone Service in New Mirpur AK

Pakistan Mar 23, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Does anyone know what are the internet and mobile phone services in the villages of New Mirpur AK are like? Wondering if I should take a Tablet or Small Laptop, or just us local internet cafes (if there are any).
      Thankyou

more
    • Help for planning itinerary for Pakistan trip

Pakistan Apr 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Hello,

I need help in organizing an itinerary to visit Harappa,Taxila, Lahore, Kot Deiji, Multan, Moenjodaro, Karachi and Uch Sharif. I don't know where to start and the sequence of the routes. I'm traveling with my husband and we will be in Pakistan approximately 10 to 11 days. Due to the lack of time, I think we would have to take flights to most of the destinations. Would this be a good idea? Someone please tell me how to travel around Pakistan; I need some tips.

Thank you so much in advance.

more
    • stay in islamabad near Higher education commission H 9

by maira_rehmat2000 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

any hotel in sector H 9?

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    • HajarS's Profile Photo

Dress code in Islamabad

by HajarS Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'll come to visit Islamabad in a few days and I would like to have an idea about the clothes that I am supposed to wear and those and I should avoid. thank you

3 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    • moving to Islamabad

by EvelynRiaz Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

i am moving to Pakistan next year from the US and I would like to know what should i bring the must haves.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • Islamabad to Mumbai

by analise_star Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM

How many degrees east is Islamabad, Pakistan from Mumbai, India?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    • getting a job in islamabad

by weseemahmed Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

How hard is it for a female from the USA, who holds a bachelor's degree in Graphic Design , to get a job in Islamabad?

6 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    • chavez's Profile Photo

Bus to MIRPUR

by chavez Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What coach / bus service is available from Islamabad to Mirpur?

How much ?

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • Outdoors

by ErumNadeem Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Can i get horse ride without membership?
      N please any link about the tandem flight in paragliding ?

4 Answers Jan 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Living in Islamabad

by northern_dancer Online Now Dec 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Hi all!

I have a potential opportunity to work and live in Islamabad and wanted to get some information about furnished apt/studios (doesn't need to be in the sectors as F6 as I heard its quite expensive there).

As a non-Pakistani female, would it be difficult to find a place to rent?

Cost of Accomodation / utilities?
      Food cost?

Basicaly, how much is it realistically to live i.e food, electric, gas, water, internet, telephone...

Whats the least amount you would need as a salary?

Any information/comments/advice would be appreciated :)

5 Answers Dec 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM
    • Transport for students in Islamabad?

by JohnR.Dilworth Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Note: I dont know if this question is inappropriate to ask in a travel forum, if so, then moderators can delete this post.

I have taken admission in Computer Science at FAST islamabad, FAST is located in Sector H-11/4 and I will be living in Sector F-8/3. I want to know about the situtation of Public Transport in Islamabad? How much will a Taxi Cost, Pick and drop from the university? do any public vans,wagons, buses run in the city? if so, how much will it cost and will their route be from f-8 to h-11?

4 Answers Sep 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    • Riazmurtaza's Profile Photo

Transportation from Islamabad airport to Daewoo bus stop Islamabad or Rawalpindi

by Riazmurtaza Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Me and my wife are arriving Islamabad airport at 4am. Want to know, if there is any bus service from the airport to Islamabad Daewoo or Rawalpindi Daewoo bus stations. If not what will be an aprox cost for a taxi. We have to travel to Lahore on the same day. Is it safe to take a taxi ! Please write in details.

3 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    • Khanpur Dam ?

by sarmadshaheen Online Now Jun 3, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Has anybody visited Khanpur Dam ?
      I am interested in visiting Water sports in Khanpur Dam

1 Answer Jun 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    • innocentlook's Profile Photo

outdoor birthday party

by innocentlook Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 10:24 AM

i want to arrange an outdoor lunch for my sister birthday.i want to give her surprise treat by arranging all decoration outside with family members...so please guide me which hotel offers outdoor arrangement at islamabad....i will be very thankful to you.........

2 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    • Renat A moter Boat

by baig.sarfraz Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 2:42 AM

we want 4 boat on rant base

2 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    • life in Islamabad with a baby

by gaelle180 Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Hello,
      I have the opportunity to go to Islamabad with my husband and my 6 month baby .. but I am hesitating due to the security context.
      I wonder if I can walk in parks with my child, go to the restaurant, have a "normal" life there.
      Do you know if a lot of expatriates are living there with their family ? Is it easy to find nannies ?

Thank you

5 Answers Jun 11, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    • China market F-6 location

by tremore Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I want exact location of China market in sector F-6 islamabad. Sub sector and street number.
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Mar 6, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    • irfankash's Profile Photo

ATTEND MY MEETING AT MIRPUR A.K AND ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN

by irfankash Online Now Dec 21, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hello VT Friends & members

I am waiting for your participation in the meeting which I have arrange on FEB 2010.

YOU can search on Meetings
      meetings.virtualtourist.com/...

1 Answer Mar 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    • tremendopunto's Profile Photo

Islamabad Airport

by tremendopunto Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Pakistan Zintabad!

Hello everybody,

I have a question about necessary connection times at the Islamabad Airport from an incoming intl. flight to a domestic/national flight within Pakistan.
      Are 2 hours enough to disembark, passportcontrol, receiving luggage and getting an ongoing flight within Pakistan?

Thanks a lot,

Chris

5 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 2:36 AM
    • Anyone can give a clear picture of the safety especially for single women in islamabad...

by karulann Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Hi All,

I will be going to Islamabad for half a year for work related trip. The accommodation and transportation has already been arrange. I'm a fairly independent person, so going out alone should be ok for me.

I prefer not to make judgment of a place unless I have gone there and see it with my own eyes, but my colleague has been to Karachi has advised me to not go out alone. And that I must have someone to accompany me and that it is better for me to stay in rather than go out as it is not that safe.

So for all of you guys, who is living or gone to Islamabad give a clear picture of the safety especially to a single women. Is it fairly safe just like in any city in the world for me to out alone to shop, visit museum, go for a hike and etc's. As it would be a waste for me to go to Pakistan but do not enjoy/experience/see the real deal.

Btw, aside from that. As I'm from a no-winter season country. Is it very cold during the November to January? And also what is the recommended appropriate attire/cloth to wear in Islamabad.

Thanks in advance

10 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    • allyson31mtim's Profile Photo

rose and jasmine garden

by allyson31mtim Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM

hi,
      i read on the internet that the rose and jasmine garden is being renovated. is it closed to the public during this time? i read somewhere it was going to take 3 months :( and i'm going to be there in october.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM
    • where

by zuko123 Online Now Jul 20, 2008 at 5:59 PM

when was the faisal masjid build and who build it too.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    • where can I shop??

by sahiqa Online Now May 29, 2008 at 2:34 AM

hi
      can any 1 help me please, i would like 2 know where can i shop for to find wall hanging tapestry and indian bedding from islamabad?

2 Answers May 31, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    • so_alex's Profile Photo

India Visa in Islamabad

by so_alex Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Did anyone know how long it takes to obtain an India Tourist Visa in Islamabad? and How much? Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM
    • Hotel rates in islamabd

by r3aziz Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 4:56 AM

I am going to Islamabad and need to say in a hotel for 9 days - what are the daily typical rates for a hotel?

Marriott? holiday inn?

5 Answers Dec 28, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • razawaseem's Profile Photo

Please help me to understand Islamabad's resturants more

by razawaseem Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Hello every one !
      I ve a very naughty chick in islamabad living in a hostel. Sometime she doesnt like to eat at hostel's mess so she has to fast. (I mean cosmetic fasting LoL...!)
      Can someone please tell me about resturants and hotels in Islamabad where I can pay for her in advance so that whenever she doesnt want to eat at mess she can call them for a delivery.
      Here in uk we have this system. Actually we purchase vouchers by paying in advance and whenever we want we use them.
      I ll highly be grateful to the friend who ll help me.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    • New Chicken Restaurant in Jinnah Super!

by bdt2 Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 8:13 AM

So I have heared that there will be openning soon a new restaurant in Jinnah, called Drumstick! Is it true?!
      If so, cant wait to go!

2 Answers Jan 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    • travelling to pakistan/azad kashmir - looking for company

by stranger99 Online Now Dec 25, 2007 at 6:25 AM

Hello All,

I want to go to North Pakistan + Azad Kashmir between last week of Dec & end of Jan 2008. If anybody else is going alone like me, we can go together and can have a nice time.

My main stay will be in Mirpur (Azad Kashmir) in my home town but I am planning to explore North of Pakistan ... Muree, Kaghan, Naran, Saiful Malook, Shogran.

I am flexible and can change the dates/places to visit if my companion wants to see different places.

Please get back soon, I want to fly asap before my holidays run out. I am flying from Birmingham to Islamabad .. again, can arrange it so that it suits both of us ...
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 1, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    • islamabad

by sadia_shkl Online Now Nov 5, 2007 at 5:30 AM

did the emergency state in pakistan effect islamabads night life?
      and if it did how?

4 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 12:12 AM
    • After holiday wedding holidays

by MaSsS Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 4:50 AM

Salam Aleikum,

I am coming from France in Europe and soon going to get maried
      in Islamabad.

I would like to go with my wife one week in a cute place after the wedding.
      Of course I am looking for a nice and secure where there is not much people
      if possible. Calm hotel with things to visit.

Period is mid november.

Can someone advise me a great place for this ?
      Where should I go?

Thank you all for your help

7 Answers Oct 30, 2007 at 5:11 AM
    • School

by ibi786 Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 12:52 PM

i'm going be moving to islamabad this summer and just had a few questions i wanted to ask

i am thinking of sending my kids to Oak School and city School and just wanted to know if anyone knew the schools were any good? or had kids at the school or knew a good school? the kids age are 2, 8, 11 and 12

i also wanted to know what the quality of the houses are like in islamabad and if you are allowed to build your own swimming pool in the back garden?

Another question was is there any gyms or activities to do for kids and adults?

i would be very greatful for any infomation regarding there matters above.

2 Answers Oct 24, 2007 at 11:25 PM
    • schools

by ibi786 Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 12:42 PM

hi i was wondering if any one knew about oak school or city school if they are good schools for my kids ?

1 Answer Oct 20, 2007 at 1:45 PM