Islamabad Travel Answers

change location

pakistan move

by ibrar1971 Online Now Jan 21, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Slaam to all,

We are trying to gather information on Islamabad. Are there any areas where you would not recommend living? We are a mixed race married couple, hubby is Pakistani with extensive family in Pakistan and I am English. We have only been to pakistan for 2 weeks but totally loved it. We would like to enrol our daughter aged 7 with the the International School of Islamabad as it seems to have an excellent reputation. Our youngest is only 2 so will stay at home for a while. We plan on finding a modest house that requires renovation for around £150,000 is this realistic? We don't mind which area we live in as long as we can hear the call to Azhan :) and the neighbourhood is friendly with working electricity and water. We would be happy to move to similar areas of Rawalpindi hubby has an uncle who lives in lalazar which we found was a good neighbourhood. Could we get our daughter to school from there everyday or should we live closer?

Please advice

Allah Hafiz

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • imranthetrekker's Profile Photo

RE: pakistan move

by imranthetrekker Online Now Jan 21, 2007 at 8:20 AM

Salut mes amis,

Bien venu au Pakistan.

The best places for you to live, F 6, F 7, mostly expats, diplomats etc. live there.

Jinnah super, Super markets at walking distances from the sectors I've mentioned above.

Morgah and some other places close to airport, could be nice places for your stay in Rawalpindi.

I welcome your queries,

Ciao,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: pakistan move

by Copper Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 1:24 AM

You can contact Mr. Tahir # 03005313553 He is dealing in property business. Maybe he will guide you

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

RE: pakistan move

by pakistanibrain Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 3:28 AM

The property prices in Pakistan and in Islamabad/Rawalpindi in particular have skyrocketed in the last few years. So if you expect to get a house for £150,000 I'm afraid you will be disappointed.

• Re: pakistan move

by businesstraveller Online Now May 3, 2007 at 6:12 PM

Have a look at my house. I am selling fue to relocation from work.

Personally built and immaculate. Details can be sent upon request.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Islamabad