Isla de Vieques Travel Answers

change location

LAND AND FERRY FROM SAN JUAN TO VIEQUES PR

by creejak Online Now Oct 24, 2004 at 9:52 AM

I RETURNED FROM VIEQUES ON OCT 12TH. IT WAS MY FIRST TRIP TO THE ISLAND AND I PLAN TO RETURN IN DEC. I USED VAL AIR FOR MY RT TRANSPORTATION. THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE TAXI OR VAN FROM SJU TO FAHARDO AND THE FERRY TO VIEQUES. HAS ANYONE USED THAT TRANSPORTATION, AND DO YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT IT. SUCH AS TOTAL TIME INVOLVED-COST -COMFORT ETC. THANKS JACK

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • boricua12's Profile Photo

Re: LAND AND FERRY FROM SAN JUAN TO VIEQUES PR

by boricua12 Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 6:52 PM

Hi!!! I am not sure about the cost, as I use to go to Vieques by air. The taxi from SJU to Fajardo has an standard rate of60, but maybe you can make a deal with the driver. There is a post here about taxi's rate that gives a phone no. of one driver, and it seems that the friend who used his services were satisfied and happy with him. The time that takes the ferry from Fajardo to Vieques is about 2 hours. The pplz of the island are used to this service, but some of them says that the sea is not good between Fajardo to Vieques. I went once to a small beach in Vieques from Humacao (which is next to Fajardo) in a small boat (launch) and I found it funny. Of course, its not the same thing, but I didnt find the sea so bad. Anyway, you can try the ferry to go to Vieques, and, if you dont like it, come back by air. Maybe in this site you will find more info. about the ferry: www.bluewatermaritime.com Good luck, and enjoy the island!!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • liqdstar's Profile Photo

Re: Re: LAND AND FERRY FROM SAN JUAN TO VIEQUES PR

by liqdstar Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 11:03 PM

i took a ferry to vieques and didnt mind it at all. i think the trip was about an hour and half. My taxi ride from San Juan to Fajardo was about 50.

• liqdstar's Profile Photo

Re: Re: LAND AND FERRY FROM SAN JUAN TO VIEQUES PR

by liqdstar Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 11:04 PM

$50 dollars i mean, but travel time was about an hour and half with traffic.

• RE: LAND AND FERRY FROM SAN JUAN TO VIEQUES PR

by ggn420 Online Now Jun 12, 2005 at 6:42 PM

Jack check out>www.elena-vieques.com/ferry.html

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla de Vieques