Isla de Roatán Travel Answers

change location
helloloolie's Profile Photo

Post Office in Roatan?

by helloloolie Online Now Nov 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Hello! We will be visiting Roatan for the day on a cruise and I'd love to find some postcards to mail to friends from Roatan. Does anyone know where the post office is and if I will be able to purchase postcards or beautiful stamps there? If so, does anyone know the hours of operation of the post office? Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Post Office in Roatan?

by Dabs Online Now Nov 17, 2011 at 6:01 AM

I imagine around where you dock there will be some place to buy postcards, if you don't find a place to mail them, I have mailed postcards from the ship, they should have the local postage stamps at the customer service desk

Here's a little info on the port from Cruise Critic

cruisecritic.com/ports/newpo...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • helloloolie's Profile Photo

by helloloolie Online Now Nov 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Thanks for the info! The last time I mailed postcards from the ship, they unfortunately never arrived. So that's why I'm looking for a post office on the islands themselves. If I don't end up finding a post office, I will just buy some postcards and mail them once I get back home...but mailed from the island would be way more fun!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

by joiwatani Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 6:04 AM

There are many stores at Mahogany Bay, the port where you usually dock when you go to Isla Roatan. The Mahogany Bay Mall is likely the place you will shop. There are several stores there where you can buy postcards but not sure where you can buy stamps.

There are also several stores in Coxen Hole, the main city in Isla Roatan. I went to Jaba Ding Ding and it was a nice place to shop. You will enjoy shopping there. They sell many potteries, Honduran purses and bags, bracelets, silver jewelries, etc. To get there is to hop a cab at Mahogany Bay (the cab drivers are usually waiting in line at the Mahogany Mall) and tell the driver to go to Jaba Ding Ding. You can request the store owner to mail you your postcard. She sells stamps over there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines