Isla de Roatán Travel Answers

change location

Coming via private aircraft for 2 days...recommendations without reservations

by rjcrjc Online Now Jun 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM

My dad and myself are coming in via private aircraft. We do not know what day or when.

Is it easy to clear customs / immigration in Roatan?

Is it easy to get a taxi?

We do not have hotel reservations...is that okay? Where should we have the taxi driver take us?

Any general suggestions? We are not diving and will probably be relatively tired. This is our first trip to Roatan.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

Re: Coming via private aircraft for 2 days...recommendations without reservations

by dave.richards Online Now Jun 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

And more importantly, the runway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Coming via private aircraft for 2 days...recommendations without reservations

by islandsuze Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 6:19 AM

As long as you have your passport and fill the immigration papers there is usually no problem through immigration. Taxis are always waiting at the airport and usually run around 20-25$ to West End or West Bay. Finding a hotel should not be a problem unless there is a local festival or fishing tournament when you arrive. The only problem I would see with not getting a reservation is having to lug my luggage around until I found a hotel that I wanted. Most tourist stay in West End mainly because most everything is there and you do not need a car or taxi when you stay. If you want to go to West Bay you can always take a water taxi for a few$ and stay for the day. Staying in West Bay is very nice but much more expensive much like living in the states as far as costs of hotels and restaurants. But it is defiently worth a day trip to hang out at the beach and snorkel close to shore.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines