change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe for single female traveller?

by solo_traveller Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Hi,

I am hoping to head over to Gran Canaria for a week in the summer, hopefully staying in the South of the island.

Just wondering if it's safe for a female travelling along?

Any solo travellers have any tips?

Thanks

more
    • safe for single female traveller?

by solo_traveller Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Hi,

I am hoping to head over to Gran Canaria for a week in the summer, hopefully staying in the South of the island.

Just wondering if it's safe for a female travelling along?

Any solo travellers have any tips?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    • Puerto Mogan to Puerto Rico ferry

by angiejefferys Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Hi, is the 5pm return trip from Puerto Rico to Puerto Mogan the last ferry? I would like to return later. If it is, is there a good taxi service from Puerto Rico to Puerto Mogan?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • Las Palmas

by Dequzza Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi there,
      Would like to visit Las Palmas in Gran Canaria, I am a solo traveler,
      where would you suggest, that's safe?
      Many thanks,

De

3 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Ferries between Las Palmas and other places on Gran Canaria.

by johntirrell Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Hi are there any ferries that go to other places on the Island of Gran Canaria in Jan and Feb? Thanks john

5 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • IevaM's Profile Photo

Place to stay

by IevaM Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Hello!

Me and my boyfriend arrive at November 9 in Gran Canaria and we want to find an apartment for normal price :) not for tourists. Something in south, but consider all options.
      I lack the knowledge of the Spanish language to find suitable options. Maybe even someone can host us until we find our own place? We plan to stay in Gran Canaria 2-3 month, then go to Fuertuventura, maybe. Didn't decide, yet :)
      Can anyone help, we would appreciate.

1 Answer Oct 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    • Evening strolls

by love2shopjan Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Hi there everyone.
      I am thinking of going to Gran Canaria for my 50th in November.I like to have things to do like shopping and being in the hustle and bustle of things not far from the complex .I tend to get bored very quickly of just sitting around the pool all day like hubby and sometimes take myself off on a solo shopping trip .Would you be good enough to recommend a resort and possibly a good 4/5 * hotel (poss with entertainment) please that you think would suit me.
      Thank you very much in advance :D

5 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    • Christmas Dinner In the Canaries.

by Teddyeddy Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I will be staying in Gran Canaria over Christmas and would love to have a Christmas dinner there, can anyone recommend either an English bar or Spanish bar that serve chtistmas dinners at reasonable prices.

Thanks

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    • Jardin Del Atlantico Playa Del Ingles

by roger58 Online Now Sep 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM

We have booked to stay at the above hotel in October and have read the negative reviews on trip advisor. Has anyone stayed there recently and is the hotel as bad as the reviews say?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • TJS1's Profile Photo

Island Explorer

by TJS1 Online Now Jun 26, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Hi there,
      I have booked a flight from the UK ariving in Gran Canaria around noon on 16th December 2012.
      I intend to hire a car from the airport and would like to spend 3 weeks touring the Island and staying in various places. I have been to Playa Del Ingles / Maspalomas & Puerto Rico in the past, and although I may drive through I really do not intend to stay in these locations.
      Ideally I would like to plan a route that takes in scenery and nature, with some good walking and small villages that accept tourists. Also quiet beach locations would be welcome.
      I welcome any suggestions that anyone may have.
      Do I need to book accommodation in advance?
      Can you recommend decent and economical places to stay?
      I am looking forward to planning my visit.................help please!
      Regards,
      John

4 Answers Sep 22, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    • hostels near the yumbo center?

by elioconnor Online Now May 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

hi everyone, hope you're all well

was wondering if anyone knew about hostels or, if not,
      the cheapest accommodation available in playa del ingles near the yumbo center?

thanks so much

1 Answer May 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    • taxis to puerto rico

by tonyging Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

How much is a taxi from Las Palmas to puerto rico ,and can is it as cheap to pick one from the airport or should I order one

1 Answer Apr 11, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    • hi, advice on beaches.

by talalhusari Online Now Feb 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Hi,

we are tryng tochoose the nicest place to stay near a good beach and with lots of nice local food..

Never been to Canary islands before,we are travelling early march with a 14 month old too..

thanks in advance..

3 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    • Anyone been to Bahia Feliz?

by Mich1979 Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 5:02 AM

I have jsut booked a week in the Hotel Orquidea in Bahia Feliz in October.

I have never been to Gran Canaria before, so would appreciate any feedback from you regarding the following:

About Bahia Feliz
      How near/far is Bahia Feliz from other resorts?
      Things to do/Excurstions to go on?

Thanks

Michelle

2 Answers Aug 19, 2011 at 9:28 AM
    • Ryanair

by dome71 Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Hi all,

we fly to LPA with Ryanair. Does anyone know, what is the exact measure of the cabin baggage Sizer on Ryanair? My luggage is 55x35x22 cm and made from rigid material...

12 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

question: calm relaxing place by the beach in Gran Canaria?

by travelthrough Online Now Jun 1, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Hi, I´m going to visit Gran Canaria for a week end of June. I´m now looking for a relaxing calm place (preferably a small town) on the coast - east or west - where I can stay.
      First I thought of Las Palmas, but it´s a city, supposed to be noisy and also criminal. I thought somewhere with a connection to Las Palmas, but on the east coast or even in the south (with a beach close). I haven´t booked a hotel yet, but I´m looking for something cheap like a pension.

I´m not driving, so public services should be withing reach. Thank you for all those who can give me some "insider" advice!!

7 Answers Jun 12, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    • Car with driver

by odulatir Online Now May 25, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Later this year we are planning our holidai in Gran Canaria.
      Being disabled-wheelchairuser- I am looking fot the possibility to rent a car with driver to show us around the isle.
      Any suggestions/avdice is welcomed.

• Advice please :)

by pink-cola Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Hey everyone,
      I'm hoping you can spare just a few mins to help! My Mum and I are planning a last minute girlie week away (start of April) We're looking at Gran Canaria...
      I'm 26, she's 50 and we are just looking to chill during the day, good location for wandering around shops/markets... then nice food and drinks at night- We just want a week away, not a 'budget' hol- but a nice/fun affordable holiday. I'm currently SEARCHING as I post this... so I'm not just being lazy- I just need to book somewhere pretty quickly!! She has suggested Maspalomas... so I guess that would be first choice... what do you think?
      Thank you for your help :)
      xxx

2 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM
    • KIKIK's Profile Photo

Playa del Ingles

by KIKIK Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation please for reasonable and cheapish accomodation for 3 adult women and a child in the Playa del Ingles area. If anyone can assit I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Kiki

2 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    • cruise visit

by gartonr Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 2:49 PM

we will be in Gran Canaria for 1 day in March (cruise),can anyone tell me where do the cruise ships dock and what or where are the best things to do in or around cruise terminal area.

1 Answer Feb 24, 2011 at 1:32 AM
    • Olihampere's Profile Photo

Taxi or bus fom the Las Palmas Airport to Puerto Rico

by Olihampere Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Hello!
      We are 4 girls travelling for a week vocation to Gran Canaria, arriving January 1-st around 14:00. We shall stay in Avenida Gran Canaria 12, Puerto Rico. Accoring o maps.google.com it is approx 53 km by car.
      I was wondering if there is any public bus from he airport to our place?
      If we take taxi, how much will it be?
      Any cirtain company to orde taxi beforehand? Or the price will be more or less the same if we just take the cab at the airport?
      Taxi runs by taximeter or we have to bargain the price beforehand?

4 Answers Dec 27, 2010 at 3:53 AM
    • Which islands would fit my school project the best?

by MagnusDK Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I'm writing this big school project this year (from 1 of marts 2010 to 1 of marts 2011), it's like my final school thing, and it's what really matters in my grades!

I'm writing about "traveling", with a special look at tourism and globalizing all over the world, and i'll have to write about a special place, like i have to make a "case", where tourism have had a big impact on the place, and i then i'll look into, how the local residents feels about the growing tourism and all that kind of things.

So i sat down yesterday and thought, "do i know a place that would be perfect as a "case" in my project", and i thought of the canary islands! ;)

I'm planning on maybe going there in january or february to write and look into the tourism on one of the canary islands and i hoped, that maybe you guys could help me :)

If i had to choose a islands, where the tourism plays a big factor (guess it's big in all of them?) and where i could stay and have a nice week in february, what should i be looking at?

Gran Canaria? Tenerife? Lanzarote? or somewhere else?

Can you maybe tell a bit about what i should aim for? What is the difference between the islands? Is it a good case to look at as far as the impact the tourism have had in the local residents?

I would really appreciate some good advises! :)

Whats your thoughts on all of it?

Best regards

Magnus

10 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    • elmasri's Profile Photo

El Hierro or La Gomera

by elmasri Online Now Sep 4, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Any one has good tips on renting a rural house with 3 bedrooms in either El Hierro or La Gomera for 3 months from dec 2010 to feb 2011? I am also considering house sitting, any offers? Also, how easy is it to buy a car there, because renting one for 3 months is even more expensive than buying... thank you all in advance, Helena

1 Answer Sep 5, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    • Best island in the Med.

by rosiegee Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Is Gran Canaria the best holiday island in the med. and which is your favourite resort on the island

3 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 2:29 AM
    • pdean14's Profile Photo

Transport from airport

by pdean14 Online Now Jan 4, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Can anyone help with the best way to get from the airport to Puerto de mogan.We are staying in a private apartment there in march.

1 Answer Jan 4, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    • Redaberdeengirl's Profile Photo

Weather in April

by Redaberdeengirl Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Hi there

Just booked a week in Puerto Rico on 27th April.

What kind of temperatures can i expect?

3 Answers Dec 28, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    • charlotte-jane's Profile Photo

recommend a pension in family friendly resort

by charlotte-jane Online Now Dec 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Hi there I am travelling to Gran Canaria in january with my 2 yr old daughter for a week and was thinking of staying in Puerto de mogan or similar small resort. I was thinking of pension Eva, has anyone stayed there and is it near enough to the beach etc and safe.

Many thanks x

2 Answers Dec 26, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    • Suggestions needed for gran Canaria!

by dtickle Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Traveling in 1 1/2 weeks, will be there 3 days. Traveling solo. Am 44 yr young gal wanting to have fun in the sun/beach, drink and shop. Don't want to spend a fortune! Was thinking of Las Palmas? Day trip to Tenerife? Want to be in a central location where getting around is not difficult.
      Any suggestions?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    • Local Food in Playa del Ingles

by kevinhayden Online Now May 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Hi folks

I'm travelling to Playa d Ingles in a few weeks and would like to be recommended a good local restaurant for evening meal that's not too expensive and has local dishes.

thanks

1 Answer May 29, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    • Buses around the island

by kevinhayden Online Now Mar 18, 2009 at 5:11 AM

Hi. My family and I are staying in Corona Blanca apartments in Playa del Ingles in June. We would really like to travel around the island by local bus, especially between Playa des Ingles and Agaete, and inland to Arucas etc. And trips to the capital by bus. What company routes and prices please? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

2 Answers Mar 19, 2009 at 5:07 AM
    • Parking on a day visit to Las Palmas

by cherbabe007 Online Now Mar 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Can you tell me where is the best place to park for a day's visit to Las Palmas is please? Or maybe it is better to park away from the centre and get a bus in. I am going in August. We went on a tour coach trip round the island last year and stopped on the outskirts of the city in the shopping centre where Carre Foure? is - but l think you can only park for a short time there and we would like to go to the beach and round the 'real centre' of the city.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM