Isla de Formentera Travel Answers

change location
venteca's Profile Photo

Accomodation location in Formentera

by venteca Online Now May 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Hi there. Im going on holidays to Formentera next August. We are a group os six and we need to book accomodation. First we have to choose the best location. Could anyone please gime me some advise? We're looking to stay in a central location (maibe Es pujols..?). What do you think?
ps: are there many rent-a-cars or shoul we rent previously?

Thanks in advance!
Pedro

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Accomodation location in Formentera

by Windsailor Online Now May 5, 2010 at 6:05 AM

There are 18 rent a car companies on the island, and most have their offices around the port. Book your car in advance for just in case, you never know how packed the island might be the day of your visit. Apartamentos Es Pujols(C/ de roca plana) has a pool and is near to all necessary services. Now, said this, there are 150 accomodations in all on the island. You should be able to find the one that fits your needs. Formentera is a very beutifull and peacefull place to spend a few days. For just in case: www.turismoformentera.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rafi.of.gali.gali's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation location in Formentera

by rafi.of.gali.gali Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Olá / Hi

Despite the fact that Formentera is not a very massive destination, in August it's packed with tourists, mainly italians. The most popular spot would be Es Pujols, but notice that the island is only 15 km long, so everything is near. No need to rent a car at all. Rent a scooter, in your case scooters. That's part of the fun of being in Formentera.

It's my favourite place in the world.

As for accomodation, search. It´s an expensive destination.

• Re: Accomodation location in Formentera

by marjbety Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Hello, I went two times in Formentera and I recommend you to stay in Es Pujols, which is the main tourist destination of this island. I book a beautiful apartment on the promenade on the website: http://affittoformentera.com/en You could rent scooter or car directly on the island, you don't need to book previously.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines