Isla de Culebra Travel Answers

change location
Capedorian's Profile Photo

Romantic small inn/guest house?

by Capedorian Online Now Aug 28, 2008 at 8:36 AM

I am looking for a 1BR/1BA inn or cottage for a three night stay in late January 2009. What I am finding is four catagories. (1) resort-ish small hotels like Tamerindo and Seaborne...(2) Seemingly nice places that are far removed from the beaches and town, like La Casita...(3) Somewhat comfortable and highly rated, but not romantic, guest houses in town, like the Palmetto... (4) Homes with multiple BR/BA that are too large and expensive.

Can anyone suggest a romantic, non-resort-ish, small, near water, with features like an outdoor shower, owners on site, hammock(s), and garden. I really like the idea of having the owners on-site. Palmetto and Hilltop (Casita) are very desirable for that reason. I am really looking for a classic carrib experience, which is why newer, polished, hotels are not a priority.

I appreciate any comments...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Re: Romantic small inn/guest house?

by moiraistyx Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 11:52 AM

I'm not sure if you'll like it, but I loved the little guest house I stayed in, The Andalucia, it's on my San Juan page, there was another cute one that uva was in under my restaurant tips, can't recall the name off the top of my head though

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Re: Romantic small inn/guest house?

by moiraistyx Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM

sorry wrong thread

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla de Culebra