Isla de Culebra Travel Answers

change location

camping in culebra

by guygadbois Online Now Sep 2, 2004 at 4:04 PM

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Isla Culebra and would like to know something about the campground at Flamenco Beach. Is it a good option? Do you get eaten alive by bugs in october/november? Any info would be appreciated Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • CulturalCompetence's Profile Photo

Re: camping in culebra

by CulturalCompetence Online Now Sep 2, 2004 at 4:19 PM

How wonderful! You will LOVE Culebra - we did! :-) I don't know about camping there. I didn't see any camping on Culebra when I was there (especially around Flamenco Beach). Most of the areas are privately owned by hotels. I don't know how badly Puerto Rico was hit by Hurricane Frances during the past few days, however it is *definitely* worth finding out about if you are planning to go there this year (especially if you are interested in diving/snorkeling - be sure to ask about the condition of the reef). I posted some information about the accommodations we had in Culebra last year (August). It was beautiful, however I didn't see any "budget" accommodations or camping facilities... Good luck with your trip! :-) Christine

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • oldhippy's Profile Photo

Re: Re: camping in culebra

by oldhippy Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 1:28 AM

flamenco beach...good to great camping option at20 a night...use a deet product in a deep woods type bug spray...bring a pair of cotton calf length socks..just in case to ward off sand fleas if any....and don't forget sun block/lotions and anti itch stuff when going to the tropics...to be prepared, is always best!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla de Culebra