Isla Saona Travel Answers

change location

travel time

by 4knoxs Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I am going to Punta Cana this June 2010 - Bahia Principe. How long of a ride is it to get to Bayahibe to catch the boat to Isla Saona? And is this the only place to catch a boat. Do any boats leave from punta cana/bavaro area?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Re: travel time

by marielexoteria Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I think it takes about 40 minutes. Let me check that out and come back to you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: travel time

by 4knoxs Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Thanks, any help you can offer is great. I've heard it takes about 2 hours by bus. I hope this isn't the case. Really want to go but not if it's 4 hours roundtrip by bus than 45 minute boat ride.

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

by marielexoteria Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 7:52 AM

I made enquiries and unfortunately it takes about 3 hours from PC/Bávaro to Isla Saona, about 2 hours by bus to Bayahibe and then the boat trip :(

From what I've heard, the boats don't leave from anywhere but Bayahibe :( sorry. The thing about PC/Bávaro is that they're as far east as they can be.

• orlandocampusano's Profile Photo

by orlandocampusano Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM

The ride from Punta Cana to Bayahibe is between one hour an half to 2 hours depending which hotel you´re in and how many stops they have to make before actually heading to Bayahibe. You can reserve this excursion on line in places such as www.corextras.com which is a web page for excursions in punta cana.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla Saona