Isla Mujeres

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safe Drinks

by denisesanford Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Considering the warning not to drink the water, is it safe to order frozen margaritas since it's made with ice?

11 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    • translation plrese

by TGStover Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM

What exactly is a "garrafon"?

4 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • hOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED

by denisesanford Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM

First time to Mexico. Spending 2 weeks on Isla Mujeres and trying to figure out how much cash I would need to bring if we planned to eat out every night. Then I need to know if I can pay with US dollars? If I need pesos to pay cab from airport and to pay the ferry is there an exchange place in Airport?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    • paying with US dollars

by denisesanford Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Can I pay with US dollars at the ferry to Isla Mujeres?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    • Day trip to Isla Mujeres

by Maris10 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Hello fellow travelers. My husband, 24 y/o daughter & I are planning to spend a day on the island. We are deciding between exploring the island on our own or taking one of the tours (snorkeling, lunch,etc). Can anyone share any experiences on this? We understand that the island is small. Perhaps renting a golf cart and exploring the island on our own be fun too.

Thanks
      Maz

2 Answers May 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • Playa Norte

by RDGuy Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hola,
      We are frequent visitors to the Q Roo but have never been to Isla, so this year we are staying for 3 nights before heading down the 307.
      When it comes to Playa Norte where is the best place for beach loungers as far as price, food and service?
      Also any good snorkel spots that are not super busy/commercial/touristy ?
      I like simple and chill.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    • cheap rentals

by anniepie Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM

My son (11 yrs) and I usually stay on the west coast, easily finding clean, affordable, central rentals, often with a little pool (no a/c nec) for as little as $25/night. We rent from Mexicans who do not use internet ads. Can anyone point us in the direction of some such places on IM? Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • MarionS8's Profile Photo

Place to stay

by MarionS8 Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I am a single female on a budget and need a place to stay on Isla.
      Feb 26 - March 12, 2014.
      Any tips?
      Gracias.

6 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • I am trying to find out where I bought these cool rings and clothes

by wdill Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I bought two rings at a store owned by an Argentinian woman. She also designed the clothing.Any ideas as to what it might be called. She had a small boutique near the city center

1 Answer Dec 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • visiting isla mujeres in october

by mehrH Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 4:51 AM

what will the island be like mid october? planning to go in october but dont want a totally deserted experience. i believe it is low season but does that mean there wont be any one to talk to and mingle with. please tell. Thank you.

7 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    • The Beach at the Palace

by Trishalla2011 Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I see darkened areas in the water around this hotel beach.My question is :Is that reef, or sea grass?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • I.M. nitelife

by khhn33 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Fishing Isla M.for 4 days in Feb. Coming from Costa Rica. How's nightlife on I.M.? Any chicas or just tourists? Heavy rain or just showers like C.R.? Duty free @ Cancun airport?

• handicap ocean access?

by teryl8 Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Hi from oHIo! Are there piers on the gulf (Calm-side) where there are horizonial steps to enter the water; rather than vertical steps? Handicap (legs) make it impossible to enter from the sand. Love the ocean to swim in,,,,Especially Isla Mujeres.
      Thanks, Teryl.

1 Answer Aug 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    • Coming from Cancun for the day

by popswayne Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

We will be coming from Cancun for the day, renting a golf cart and doing the Island. How long should we plan to be there in order to get the cart back and catch the ferry?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    • Are there any grocery stores in isle de mujeres

by everguard Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Are there any food stores in isle de mujeres. We like to cook when on holidays.

2 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    • Ferry going to Isla Mujeres

by vonesty Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Can you take the car ferry for2.00 US or equivalent without taking a car. I do not do well in rough waters on a smaller boat and am leery of the ultramar and would feel better in the bigger boat even though it is slower. The rates I have been seeing for the passengers on the car ferry are around2.00. Can I take this even if I am not bringing a car over. Also, does anyone know the weekly rate of the golf car rentals once over.
      Has anyone stayed at the Palace and used their points for a room upgrade and know how many points they charge you for the upgrade.
      Full of questions--will be happy to even get one answer.
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM
    • Jewellery store in Isla Mujeres

by Aotw Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Hi, does anyone know the name of the jewellery shop in IM that is gold on one side of the street and silver on the other? Thanks for the information.

1 Answer Jun 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    • walshaun's Profile Photo

isla mujeres romantic holiday on a budget

by walshaun Online Now Feb 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Hi there.

There is so much info to sift through on here so I thought I would start my own thread and see if anyone has any good advice :)

I would like to surprise my boyfriend for his 50th and bring him to Isla. He will be recovering from a knee operation so minimal walking is best.
      I think we would like to be near the beach/town… but you tell me? The island looks so pretty maybe its ok to be away from it a bit and taxi
      now and then. if we arent close to town, then maybe we need access to a pool.

A private bungalow/appt would be great too. AC is a must I think. Budget is also a must so I am looking for a great deal in a nice, clean, funky
      inexpensive place. Too much to ask?

I am thinking of a week to 10 days in March..

Thank you for reading this.
      Any advice appreciated!!

ps- it is soooooo cold in British Columbia!! Sheesh!

3 Answers Feb 18, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    • DLeds

by DLeds Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Can I go to the Avalon reff club on just a day pass?

• Accommodations in Isla Mujeres

by teddypriscilla Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 7:28 AM

Hi there,

We will be coming to visit Isla Mujeres late November 2008 and are wondering if anyone can give us information on two places that we are considering staying at.
      1st place is: Casa Ixchel, it's a smaller place about 1 mile from the ferry. It looks and sounds great according to their website.
      2nd place is: Casa Maya. They have budget rooms which makes the price very attactive.
      If anyone has stayed at any of these two places, we would love to hear what your experience good/or bad.
      Also, does anyone have a recomendation for a great place to stay preferably close to North Beach.
      Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2008 at 12:11 PM
    • DeBeers jewelry

by dcranford Online Now May 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Is there a De Beers jewelry store in Isla Mujeres?

• Bus to Gran Puerto

by TROJANEXP Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 5:48 PM

What bus do I take to get to Gran Puerto to catch the Ferry to Isla Mujueres how much does it cost and how long to get there from hotel near the Hilton

• New Year in Isla Mujeres or somewhere nearby Cancun?

by Shulcas Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Hello,
      we with my wife (both around age 30)are coming to Cancun on the 29 of December. As we would like to spend the New Year Eve out of the Cancun, could you recomend any other nice place/town, island? We are thinking about Isla Mujeres or Tulum. I am just wondering wonn't it be too quite for example in Isla Mujeres? But from the other hand we also do not want to stay in the chaos Cancun.
      All suggestions and recommendations are welcome.
      Thanks,
      Vaidas (from Lithuania)

1 Answer Dec 17, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    • Isla Mujeres water taxi

by DerfRellim Online Now Dec 2, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Is it possible to get from Isla Mujeres to Gran Puerto earlier than the earliest scheduled ferry? Are there "for hire" water taxis? What would the cost be?

Thanks for your help.

• Avalon Reef transfers

by katesuzger Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 11:18 AM

My wife and I will be staying with you from Oct 28th to Nov 3. I want to know what are the best and most cost effective ways to transfer from the Cancun airport to the ferry, and from the ferry to your club.

Thomas Cargill

3 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 10:33 PM
    • Airfare and hotel ?

by travmn Online Now Sep 18, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Looking for good airfare and a reasonable hotel with pool, near north beach. Any suggestions. Have not been to Isla Mejeres before. Looks great.

2 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 11:32 AM
    • Car Ferry Transportation to Isla Mujeres

by Tomraper Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 5:51 PM

1. What are current departure times for car ferry from Puerto Sam to Isla Mujeres(on Wednesday)?

2. What are current departure times for car ferry from Isla Mujeres to Puerto Sam(on Sunday)?

3 Answers Jan 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    • Payment Arrangements

by ccjay52 Online Now Nov 15, 2006 at 7:55 AM

We are planning to stay at Elements this february. We've been asked to send a deposit directly to a US bank to the account of Ursula DiLorenzo. This seems a little unusual and just wanted to check that you were asked to something similar and that it worked out
      Thanks

6 Answers Feb 2, 2007 at 6:26 AM
    • upscale accommodations in Isla Mujeres

by lsnhc Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 12:22 PM

We have traveled to Playa on a number of occasions, mostly staying at Royal Hideaway and, last yearm at Secrets Capri (RH was closed). We will be returning to Secrets in Feb but would like to split the trip to 4 or 5 days there and perhaps 3 or 4 days in Isla Mujeres at one of the more upscale properties
      Any suggestions?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2006 at 7:03 PM
    • Reef damage at isla mujeres

by volleydolly Online Now May 30, 2006 at 9:14 AM

What are the reefs like there. I tried to buy tickets to Garrafon and they said that the park was closed

2 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 7:41 PM