Isla Mujeres Travel Answers

change location
susiemargare's Profile Photo

isla mujeres or zihuatenejo?

by susiemargare Online Now Dec 1, 2004 at 2:15 PM

hi -- two women friends and i are considering both zihuatenejo and isla mujeres as a vacation destination. does anyone have a comparison to make, to help us decide which to choose? thanks -- susie margaret

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: isla mujeres or zihuatenejo?

by trekfreak Online Now Dec 3, 2004 at 6:08 PM

I was in Zihuat several years ago and it's a great place. Am going to Yucatan (Playa del Carmen) in a couple weeks, so have been reading up on it and the area offers IMMENSELY more variety than Zihuat. The Caribbean is warmer and sand's whiter than the Pacific side; coral reef with great snorkeling and diving (none of that in Zihuat); amazing Mayan ruins a few hours away; various islands to check out. Lots of small beach towns near Isla Mujeres + Cancun excitement (if looking for that.) Yucatan coast gives you lots of options on what you want to experience re culture, recreation, and intensity of tourism vs. down home Mexico. I would most definitely choose Isla Mujeres or that part of Mexico over Zihuat.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: isla mujeres or zihuatenejo?

by Kkassab Online Now Jan 22, 2005 at 6:29 PM

Zihuatenejo is a large city on the Pacific and Isla mujeres is a small quaint island on the caribbean...I would go for the caribbean but it depends on what you like.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines