Isla Mujeres Travel Answers

change location
DesertStar's Profile Photo

Posada del mar -- main building or new building?

by DesertStar Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 7:13 PM

Hi everyone, Has anyone stayed at this property in Isla Mujeres? It looks just fine, but I seem to be having trouble deciding on which building to request. "Main" has ocean view, facing the road, and "new" has garden view, newer rooms. Any thoughts? Thanks, Judy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Louisev1's Profile Photo

Re: Posada del mar -- main building or new building?

by Louisev1 Online Now Dec 2, 2004 at 9:04 AM

I was there a year ago May & the prev. Nov. We were in the Bungalow. 3 out of 7 days no hot water to shower, & some days no shower water at all. Several Human sized cockroaches in room. Front Desk apparently not very interested in anything. View from room amazing, sat out every a.m. to watch Isla wake up. Romy & Miguel, the Bartenders are delightful. Restaurant on site, nothing to write home about. From what I understand, they have done a nice job of remodeling most of the entire property since i was there last. I think the rooms in the old & new section are probably quite nice for the price, which I found very reasonable. not sure if I am allowed to include their link, but here it is:http://www.posadadelmar.com/ Any other ?'s feel free to e-mail me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DesertStar's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Posada del mar -- main building or new building?

by DesertStar Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 6:25 PM

Thank you so much for the info! We leave on Tuesday, and I'll let you know when we come back if things have improved. Right now, I'll be happy to get away from the Vancouver rain! Cheers and Merry Christmas, Judy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines