Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Isla Margarita

• friendly1's Profile Photo

Getting There

by friendly1 Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM

What's the best route to fly in from U.S? How difficult is getting by customs officers?

2 Answers May 16, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • electronics in margarita

by rachelle95 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM

how much is an iphone 4s in margarita?

• alexkrys's Profile Photo

Looking for friends on ISLA MARGARITA

by alexkrys Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hi All,
      We are a french couple and we decided to move to Venezuela in the next few month.
      We are speaking english, spanish, french.
      We'll travel with a cat and a dog.
      We're looking for contacts who can maybe help us. If you have information or if you know contacts about visa, plane tickets, rent a house, buy a car, tips & advices etc .... please feel free to contact me, I'll happy to give you more details about our new challenge.
      Kind regards to all
      Alex and Krys

1 Answer Feb 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • Muusicman's Profile Photo

Question in general

by Muusicman Online Now Nov 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM

So would anyone say that Isla Margarita, Venuzuela is a better place overall to vacation than Cartagena, Columbia ? If so why? If no, why not? I haven't decided on which to vacation yet... Input would be greatly be appreciated.

6 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    • Airfare from Margarita to Los Roques

by GaryCather Online Now Dec 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Can I travel from Margarita to Los Roques by air or do i have to go through Carracas????????

1 Answer Dec 30, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • Looking for a beach with beautiful color. I have 4 questions

by GaryCather Online Now Dec 10, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Are the beaches as pretty as Aruba and Los Roques?
      Can you snorkel at Playa Augua or do you have to go somewhere else?
      Is the ocean clear at Playa Augua?
      What is considered the busy season?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    • Isla margarita and videogames!

by dimasgb Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I am really excited to go there for buying some stuff but i am wondering,is there is any good videogame store over there? and in te Sambil mall, is there any videogame store in this mall?

thank you for your attention : )

1 Answer May 3, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    • Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by robg22 Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Hi,
      we are going to Margarita (Playa el Agua) this may.We want to do a trip (2-3 days) to orinoco-Delta, any tips for ,who to book with? Need a malaria inoculation (prophylactic), also a risk for yellow fever?
      Also we look for horse riding in the near from Playa el Agua.
      Is it easy to go for a trip of the Isla Margarita by bus ore better by taxi?Have a recommendation for a taxi-driver/taxi-agency?

Tanks!

2 Answers May 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    • Getting to margarita!

by bartago Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I live in NYC and want to get to my families house in margarita!
      I dont have the most money so i'm trying to get there cheap. . . . . .
      seems like i heard that if you go from nyc to trinadad tobago it's not that expensive but how do you get to margarita from there?
      I'm glad that im not alone in trying to find info on getting to margarita!
      bartago

5 Answers Jul 30, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    • Curious

by car_alex Online Now Feb 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM

We'll go in vacation to Hotel Dunes in 2 weeks with a 2 year baby...do I find diapers in a close supermarket or other place close by???

2 Answers Jul 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    • Diving

by AmyScholey Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Hi,

We are going to Margarita this December for our honeymoon. I wondered if anyone would be able to help - we are hoping to go to Los Roques for a couple of nights and dive there - but I can't find any informaiton on flights from Porlemar to Los Roques, anyone help? We also want to dive from Margarita, perhaps Los Frailles or other local sights - can anyone reccommend a good dive school? We also want to do a trip to Angel Falls - any tips for who to book with? Finally - what is it like to drive on Margarita? Is it easy to hire a car - can they generally be hired anywhere or just through the airport?

Look forward to any help from anyone!! Thanks, Amy

6 Answers Jul 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    • US prices

by sigma275 Online Now May 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Hello,
      Are prices posted in V Fuertes & US dollars? or will i have to figure it out. also does the sambil mall take credit cards?
      thanks for any help

3 Answers Jun 6, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    • Dunes Hotel Margarita Island

by LJ1 Online Now Jan 24, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Hi
      Hubby and I are flying out to Margarita on Sunday (our second Caribbean trip so know to expect a slightly lower standard than Europe perhaps!) However, we have heard such mixed reviews on the Dunes hotel that we are now totally unsure if it will be absolutely apalling or stunning! Has anyone been there recently - woul dlove to hear from you Many thanks LJ1

2 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 5:16 AM
    • jbettes's Profile Photo

Christmas/New Years, 2007...Anyone going to be there?

by jbettes Online Now Nov 25, 2007 at 9:01 PM

This will my first trip to the Isle and would appreciate feedback on the party places, beaches, sights to see, etc. I will be there for a week and would enjoy a running buddy(ies). I will certainly most my findings for all to benefit from on my return.

Jim

• Why this august there isn't any tourist in playa el agua?

by Setfanocc Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Why this august there isn't any tourist in playa el agua? why in jennuary there was many tourist? what's had happened during the past month of the 2007? thank you for your indications.

• HOW TO GET TO ISLA

by NAOMIFERRAR Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 9:56 AM

I'm planning a trip but I don't even know how to get there. Do i fly to venezuela or the actual island itself? If i fly to the island does anyone know of airlines because the popular delta lists no such location.

5 Answers Apr 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM
    • New "off plan" Property

by ItsDon Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone please recommend and give me contact details for a good property lawyer and a respectable and well established developer for Isla Margarita.
      Thank you.

• Can somebody help with some info

by dacite19 Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 12:36 AM

Hi,I'm going to isla margarita late april.I am form Latvia.I have never been on isla margarita,the only information I have is fRom internet.I am not sure wich area is the best to stay in.I plan to look for a vacation home over there,becousse i heard it's very cheap .if someboby can help me thank you so much dacite19@hotmail.com

1 Answer Apr 11, 2007 at 10:38 AM
    • Do you have a Taxi phone number in Margarita?

by LuvTravels Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 3:26 PM

I'm in Margarita Island now, and unfortunately the apartment we rented isn't in a good neighborhood. I need a number of a local taxi, so I can have them pick me up at my door, rather than trying to find one in the ghetto.

If you have any number of either a particular driver or a taxi company it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 11:21 AM
    • graememooney's Profile Photo

Toronto CDA to Margarita AND Manchester UK to Margarita Group Rates...

by graememooney Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 2:33 PM

I'm looking to book a group to go to Margarita Island in Feb/08. I just visited there this Feb and have about 30 people that would be going next year. The only game in town is Air Transat direct to Porlamar, and I'm being quoted1300 pp for the Palm Beach Hotel. I paid less than1000 (yes it was last minute), but there must be a way to get the cost down without waiting for last minute deals. It's for a wedding and I don't think the bride would be too cool to wait for those deals. HEHE

We also have guests coming from Manchester, so information on that would be great too. I was trying to find a direct flight from Manchester UK, but I guess they haven't been posted for next year.

Any suggestions welcome. Cheers.

1 Answer Aug 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM
    • La Galera holiday with two small children

by rosjeal11 Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 11:24 AM

Hi,
      we are thinking of planning a two week holiday to isla Margarita with our two children (aged 2 and 3) next january. we have found a private villa in la Galera (Casa Karina) which looks lovely but can find very little info. about the area.
      1) Does anyone know anything about La galera? I understand it's a fairly small fishing village close to Juan Griego but is the beach there OK? I've seen that jet skis are rented on it - obviously with 2 little ones we don't want to be constantly dodging them.
      2) Is there any good snorkelling close to this area or do you have to take a trip out to the island Los frailes?
      3) Is the water colder around Margarita thyan other Caribbean islands?
      4) If we stay in la galera is it fairly easy to get to other parts of the island or are we putting oursleves out on a limb?
      5) we are into snorkelling, watching fishermen working, quiet(ish) or local bars (as opposed to hotel entertainment) and my husband likes surfing. We also want a beach which is safe and easy with two toddlers.(Not many requirements then!!) if anyone has anywhere they can suggest other than la galera we'd be really grateful!
      Thanks ever so much
      Ros

3 Answers Sep 24, 2007 at 10:06 PM
    • nightlife isla margarita

by baldibald Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 1:34 AM

hi everyboday
      i am planning to go to isla margarita with a friend. any places you can recommend for nightlife? as we are two guys I don't want to end up in an isolated all-inclusive-place but somewhere near a town or city with nightclubs and bars. would that be in Porlamar?
      thanks for any information you can provide!

• Climbing/bouldering in Isla de Margarita

by Touni Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 5:25 AM

Hello all fellow travellers,

Has anyone any information about rock climbing or bouldering in Isla de Margarita (or place where to ask)? I have found all kinds of other outdoor activities but there seems to be no reference to climbing. I can not believe that there is no such places on the island.

Thanks,
      Touni

2 Answers Jan 25, 2007 at 6:08 AM
    • going to isla margarita 12/30...need some help

by Tdunbabin Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 2:59 PM

three guys from los angeles are heading over there. so far we cant find a place to stay so we might crash on the beach at playa el agua. if you have a place we could stay (of course we'll pay) then please email me. we'll be surfing and hanging out at the beach.

thanks
      tom
      tdunbabin@yahoo.com

• Jameos's Profile Photo

Currency

by Jameos Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 10:33 AM

Can anyone tell of any companies that sell bolivars online? I have heard that there are 'good' companies that give 'excellent' exchange rates but I'm unable to find any, despite searching for hours!

Thanks

7 Answers Apr 27, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    • Quiet beach on Isla de Margarita

by Petroniusz2002 Online Now Oct 29, 2006 at 5:04 AM

We are a couple from Poland (yes, long way). We have read a guide book on Venezuela and fallen in love with Isla de Margarita. Now we are looking for some quiet beaches your island to spend our honeymoon there. We like white sand, warm turquish water, beutiful nature and as little people as possible. Would you recommend something?

2 Answers Nov 8, 2006 at 6:43 PM
    • Isla Flats near Playa el Agua, anyone been there?

by wenquemor Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 2:09 PM

Hi everyone

I am a Norwegian girl, who is going to Isla Margarita november/december 2006 for two weeks with my daughter, who is 2 years old. Is there anyone who has stayed in Isla Flats, who can give me any info on how their stay was? Also if you're going to travel to Isla Margarita in the same period as me, maybe it could be fun to have someone to meet up with...

I appreciate all answers!

Wenche

1 Answer Nov 2, 2006 at 10:28 AM
    • What about crime on Isla Margarita? Norwegian girl travelling alone with my daughter, 2 years old.

by wenquemor Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 11:13 AM

I am travelling alone with my daughter for 2 weeks to Isla Margarita in november/december, and was wondering if anyone who has been there could tell me a little bit about the crime there. What kind of crime is most common there, and is it safe enough for me and my daughter to travel around the island by ourselves? We are going to live in an apartment by Playa el Agua.
      I appreciate all answers. Thank you.
      Wenche

2 Answers Nov 15, 2006 at 2:33 AM
    • Places to stay

by lbar22 Online Now Sep 13, 2006 at 6:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I'll be coming to Margarita in November on holiday and to see if perhaps it's a place I'd like to move to. Can anyone offer some recommendations on an "economical" place to stay in Playa el Agua for a couple of weeks, preferably very close to the beach?

Thanks!

• bikeinvictus's Profile Photo

New 2 island

by bikeinvictus Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 4:35 AM

Hi everyone off 2 playa caribe never done south america what are the power points;whats the night life like?Any bars 2 check out.cheers Andy

4 Answers Jan 16, 2006 at 1:01 PM