Isla Margarita Travel Answers

change location

Looking for a beach with beautiful color. I have 4 questions

by GaryCather Online Now Dec 10, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Are the beaches as pretty as Aruba and Los Roques?
Can you snorkel at Playa Augua or do you have to go somewhere else?
Is the ocean clear at Playa Augua?
What is considered the busy season?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a beach with beautiful color. I have 4 questions

by Agraichen Online Now Dec 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM

While I didn't get to see much of the island the beach I did go to after a 4-wheel tour quite some ways from the port was quite nice. Weather was warm in the spring time as was the water.

The location I was at was quite remote and I found Aruba to be more tourist oriented with beaches more convenient.

My daughter whent horseback riding and found the animals well cared for and she also thought that although more remote than Aruba the beaches and water were excellent.

This was a few years ago, so hopefully someone else has more recent update for you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a beach with beautiful color. I have 4 questions

by Odinnthor Online Now Dec 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM

No, - 'fraid I do not have more recent information, but yes, the beaches are as pretty as Aruba, and there are several dozen beaches each nicer than the next. The Playa Augua is probably still the most popular one along with Playa El Yagui (I may be misspelling that one...), but are, or rather were more used by the local and semi-local Venezuelans. (The Margarita is Venezuela's version of Florida, so, - full of retirees.

One thing about the island, and a big draw for the retirees, it has been a shopping paradise for many years due to their duty free status. I have not seen the big ones, but I understand that they now have malls bigger than those in the States.

Amazingly, considering the quite large population for this relatively small island, there still should be quite a number of beaches that are void of other people.

The high season is northern in nature, meaning June/Sept. I do remember though that religious holidays are big as well with the Venezuelans, who flock there. I learned that the hard way, and it put a kink into my tour that included the island for shopping purposes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla Margarita