Isla Margarita Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by robg22 Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Hi,
we are going to Margarita (Playa el Agua) this may.We want to do a trip (2-3 days) to orinoco-Delta, any tips for ,who to book with? Need a malaria inoculation (prophylactic), also a risk for yellow fever?
Also we look for horse riding in the near from Playa el Agua.
Is it easy to go for a trip of the Isla Margarita by bus ore better by taxi?Have a recommendation for a taxi-driver/taxi-agency?

Tanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by hossmar Online Now May 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Hi, I'm sorry if I'm late. The Delta is not a popular destination in Venezuela, and you might find it a little difficult to get a tour. A 100% recommendation is the yellow fever shot, and some malaria pills (or inoculation) too. As far as I remember you need to get the pills for malaria a few days ahead of the trip. Horse riding in playa el agua will be easy, just go north of the beach and you'll find people offering it. You can go by bus or taxi, taxi is more confortable of course, but also way more expensive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Warao's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by Warao Online Now May 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM

The Orinoco-Delta is in the jungle. I have visited there 4 times and enjoyed the trip. If that is a trip you want, I have visited this place. http://www.abujenetours.com/
    David

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla Margarita