Isla Margarita Travel Answers

change location

What about crime on Isla Margarita? Norwegian girl travelling alone with my daughter, 2 years old.

by wenquemor Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 11:13 AM

I am travelling alone with my daughter for 2 weeks to Isla Margarita in november/december, and was wondering if anyone who has been there could tell me a little bit about the crime there. What kind of crime is most common there, and is it safe enough for me and my daughter to travel around the island by ourselves? We are going to live in an apartment by Playa el Agua.
I appreciate all answers. Thank you.
Wenche

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • luis.ydler's Profile Photo

RE: What about crime on Isla Margarita? Norwegian girl travelling alone with my daughter, 2 years ol

by luis.ydler Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Isla de Margarita is a touristic place. Living here in Venezuela, I can assure that Margarita isn't known as a dangerous place, as the continental states are. However, it is advisable to take all precautions since you are travelling with your child such as always keeping an eye on her and not allowing strangers get too close. Be kind to people around you, though.

Luis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: What about crime on Isla Margarita? Norwegian girl travelling alone with my daughter, 2 years ol

by kvi Online Now Nov 15, 2006 at 2:33 AM

Hei!

Playa el Agua er veldig langgrunn, men har til tider kraftige understrømmer, så vær forsiktig! God tur, du kommer til å trives på Isla Margarita!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla Margarita