Isla El Gran Roque Travel Answers

change location
Pinedajavi's Profile Photo

Is this a destination when travelling with children?

by Pinedajavi Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 1:36 AM

I would like to go to visit the Archipielago de Los Roques with my family, but on all that I have read and seen, I have not seen anything for children. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have the "Kids club" and the master pool with all the extras in it, but is this destination really something for a family vacation? My kids are 7 + 5

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • luis.ydler's Profile Photo

Re: Is this a destination when travelling with children?

by luis.ydler Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 2:53 PM

It is! Indeed! Lovel place!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Polskigirl's Profile Photo

by Polskigirl Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Hello,
    Los Roques are an mazing place , you will be all day visiting any near Cayo( small island around), snorqueling, diving, swimming. Theres not any pool or area special for childrens.
    Must take care and have lot of sunscreen bc sun its brave there.
    People just can go ther by plane or boats. .

You also can visit other place like Margarita Island and from There take one full day to visit Los Roques.

Los Roques its very very nice place for rest, for acuatic activities, but for small childrens , not much to do.

Hope you enjoy your vacations!!

• edytamve's Profile Photo

by edytamve Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 9:48 AM

If you are looking for fun for children better choose Isla Margarita. There is Agua Park close to Playa el Agua, Dolphins show in Porlamar.
    However, I can share with you that my child is almost 2 years and visited all Venezuela without problems, our clients children in similar age that your children were going to Los Llanos, Delta Orinoco or Salto Angel as well.

With Best Regards, Edyta

• Pinedajavi's Profile Photo

by Pinedajavi Online Now Mar 23, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Thanks for your helpful answer Edyta. We will take the chance and go ahead with part of the vacation in Los Roques, Isla Margarita and then one week to San Andres (Colombia)

• Pinedajavi's Profile Photo

by Pinedajavi Online Now Mar 23, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Hi "Polskigirl" ;-) Are you really from Poland?
    Well anyway, thanks for your response and your tips which were helpful to make a decision. We have decided to split the vacation in three and stay some days in Los Roques, Isla Margarita and last bust not least spend the last week in San Andres (Colombia)

By the way, and just to comment your phrase: If freedom is what you need, you and all others who share this idea will have to go and get it. The youngest events in the northern part of Africa and in the Gulf region have shown once again that the power is within the people, and that making the whole world aware of the situation is a better weapon than any confrontation. Spread the word around ... through all the possible channels. We have many of them today.
    Have a nice day today and a better one tomorrow.

• Polskigirl's Profile Photo

by Polskigirl Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Hi, well i love to read the finally itineary you choice, those places are amazing. San Andres in Colombia also is beautifull place. I hope you enjoy your stay in Venezuela .
    So, Im was born here but my parents are from poland......
    regards,
    mary

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isla El Gran Roque