Travel Answers
Isla Cozumel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it safe to drink alcohol in Cozumel?

by AmandaG16 Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Me and my Husband are traveling to Cozumel in December.
      We heard that drinking any alcohol that is NOT in a closed bottle, to not drink it because it will
      make you really sick.

If it's not safe to drink mixed drinks, what kind of alcohol do you drink besides beer?

Is it safe in SR Frogs, and Hard Rock Cafe?
      Would appreciate the info :)

8 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    • winniezpoo's Profile Photo

What to do in Cozumel?

by winniezpoo Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 5:28 AM

My 14 year old son and I will be here for one day...8-9 PM so we need to see the best stuff. What do you recommend?

4 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • jeep rental

by mkaste0702 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM

is ernestos good to rent from in cozumel?

• EnolaKrown's Profile Photo

Hair products for wavy/curly hair?

by EnolaKrown Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Hello. I will be visiting Cozumel within the next few months and want to have the right products to keep my curls tamed. When I visited Puerto Rico years back I remember the hair product I used, and that work fine here in Nebraska, felt sticky when used in the different climate. So I was wondering if there was any curly haired people out there that knew a good curl cream/hairspray (anything) that actually helped keep their curls tamed while in Cozumel and didn't get sticky?

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    • hot sauce store

by jib123 Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM

what is the name of the store at puerta maya that sells hot sauce?

• Tour Companies

by cmhahn Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Are there any tour companies that you recommend using? Are there any that you DO NOT recommend using?
      I'm thinking of going to Chichen Itza.

4 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Jojothibo's Profile Photo

Going to and renting à véhicule in Cozumel

by Jojothibo Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Hello
      We are thinking about passing 1 day in Cozumel.
      Renting à car is à good idea? Is it expensive?
      We are not the group tourist type... Is it à tourist trap?
      I mean, hôtels, shops, and not much to visit without being with hundreds...
      We dont scuba dive...
      Thanks
      Jo

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • Jojothibo's Profile Photo

Renting and going to Cizumel

by Jojothibo Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Hello
      We are travelling around Yucatán and thinking about going for 1 day on Cozumel.
      We are not the group tourist type. What´s your best advice?
      We are thinking in renting à car: in Playa del Carmen before taking the boat or when we arrive?
      Is it worth the trip? We dont go scuba diving.
      Thanks
      Jo

2 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • Trip to Cozumel

by maryann1130 Online Now Oct 17, 2013 at 4:47 AM

planning to visit Cozumel early December, two middle age women. interested in : moderate price decent all inclusive, car rental and safety in doing so, and recommendations for week of adventure, will snorkel but not scuba . Thanks, Mary

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • acloud's Profile Photo

public beaches

by acloud Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Cozumel is a stop on our upcoming cruise. We've been there several times and have no desire to take a tour or excursion this time. We just want the kids to play in the sand for a couple of hours. Any public beaches (read "free") near Puerta Maya that can be reached by foot? I've read all about the great all inclusive beaches, the beauties reached by cab, etc., but this time i just need a beach with some sand for the grand babies to dig in and then head back to the ship, not an all day commitment. :) Thanks for your help!

3 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    • Nikki65's Profile Photo

How do I get my rental car from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel and back again?

by Nikki65 Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I am planning a 10 day trip to Cozumel in September. We'd really like to fly into Cancun, see the ruins in Tulum, stay the night on the main land and then, take the ferry to Cozumel the next day. Then, we'd take the ferry back to Playa del Carmen at the end of our visit and drive to Cancun to fly home.

I want to rent a car at the Cancun airport for the entirety of the trip and return it there at the end. Is this possible? I've been reading rumors that the car ferry doesn't allow rental cars and even if it did the wait times are horrible.

Would I be better off renting a car from Cancun to Playa del Carmen, an additional car in Cozumel, and then still another car from Playa del Carmen to drive the hour back to the airport? Also, is America Car Rental a good agency?

Thanks for any help.

3 Answers Jan 12, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    • SunnyIsle's Profile Photo

Gettting to Mexico City from Cozumel

by SunnyIsle Online Now Oct 11, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Will be cruising to Cozumel in 2012, however I am interested in adding Mexico City during that 24-hour stay. Is it possible and how, please?

6 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    • Shopping

by Nanascot Online Now Sep 30, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Does Cozumel have a ferrioni store?

1 Answer Oct 10, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    • Giraffe2's Profile Photo

Shopping for jewelery in Cozumel

by Giraffe2 Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 1:06 PM

We are cruising to the western Carribean next week and will be stopping in Cozumel. Where are the best places to shop for jewelry there? Also, any tips for Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Labadee, Haiti would be appreciated.

3 Answers Jan 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    • Cruise tour recommendation?

by FloKnows Online Now May 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I am going to Cozumel on a cruise in June. Can anyone recommend a good off-ship tour?

3 Answers May 18, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    • Traveling with a Baby--but Not a Car Seat

by trademark1 Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 8:28 AM

We will be in Cozumel for a cruise ship stop in April 2011. We are interested in playing on the beach, but don't want to haul our car seat for a cab ride. Can anyone suggest either a safe, clean beach (or resort) within walking distance of the cruise port (we will be on Norwegian) -OR- a resort that offers transportation other than a taxi for which we would not need a car seat?

Thank you!

• colerick3's Profile Photo

Safety Concerns

by colerick3 Online Now Dec 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM

With all the problems that Mexico is encountering with the drug cartels, is it safe to travel around Cozumel?

We are flying there the end of December.

Thank you.

5 Answers Dec 5, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    • hotel

by blondeval Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I am going on a cruise to Cozumel in Nov. I wanted to book a hotel that was close to the cruise port. Anyone know of any great hotels close by? Thanks:)

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    • Woody's Cozumel Phone Number

by eded Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Does anyone have a phone number for Woody's in Cozumel. I purchased a shirt while there and now need to get more for friends, thanks

• Snorkeling

by krhildy Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Will I need a wet suit to snorkel off the South shore of CozumelL

7 Answers Feb 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    • Car Rental

by sekcpj Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Can anyone tell me a good and reliable place to rent a jeep in Cozumel?

1 Answer Jan 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    • Glennbrannon's Profile Photo

Day Spa

by Glennbrannon Online Now Aug 23, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I'm looking for a good, but not too expensive, day spa in Cozumel. Does anyone have any recommendations? I saw one named Spa Del Sol on 5th in Cozumel. It looked good. Does anyone know it? Thank you so much!

• Lauz's Profile Photo

how's the weather?

by Lauz Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM

We arrive in Cozumel in two weeks time- can't wait! How's the weather at the moment? I've looked at alot of weather websites but all they say is things like "heavy rain showers" and they don't say if this means throughout the day, or just usually one heavy shower and then clear. Does anyone know?Anyone there right now? Am starting to think my holiday will be a weather washout!!

7 Answers Aug 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    • Lauz's Profile Photo

boat transfer

by Lauz Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 12:43 PM

We travel to Cozumel in a few weeks time. Fly into Cancun and then get a boat transfer to the island. Does anyone know how long this trip takes? I'm not the best on boats so hoping it won't take that long! Also, how is the water? usually choppy or calm? Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    • 3martinilunch's Profile Photo

Swine Flu Impact in Cozumel

by 3martinilunch Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM

What is the local impact in Cozumel of the Swine Flu concerns? I have plans to visit in mid-May.

4 Answers Apr 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    • kookiemonster's Profile Photo

How Many Ruins Can I See in 8 Hrs?

by kookiemonster Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM

We're cruising Carnival to Cozumel in one week from today (9th April '09). Originally my bf and I were going to pay80 each to take the "cruise-ship approved" Tulum tour. However it's like an 8 hr tour just to see that one site, so that limits the time we have to see or do anything on the rest of the island.

I've read thru many posts on here about car rental, taxi or moped on Cozumel to visit San Gervasio, ferries to Playa del Carmen where you can (quickly?) get to Tulum and Chichen Itza, and I'd like to know...Is going to Tulum, Chichen Itza and San Gervasio something we could do on our own in a 6-8 hr time span, allowing us more freedom as well saving us money?

What is the best plan for this? Is it even possible to see all three sites, as well as maybe have some swimming and beach time? How much will those cost? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 11, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    • Car rentals

by lu1126 Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I'm curious as to where to rent a car in cozumel and if you can pay for insurance with the car rentals like in the states. I don't want to get caught in a scam!

2 Answers Mar 30, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    • Pottery...?

by tdh1973 Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

We have never stayed in Cozumel but have visited numerous beaches throughout Mexico. We are planning our family vacation My 30th - June 6th. One of our favorite things to do is paint pottery and bring them back as our souveniors. I can't seem to find a place that does this on the island and I don't think our resort offers it...any suggestions?

1 Answer Apr 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM
    • Lauz's Profile Photo

visiting in July

by Lauz Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM

What sort of weather should we expect in Cozumel in July? I've heard it's the rainy season, does that mean its similar to Florida weather where you normally get a storm in the afternoon or are we likely to get completely washed out?!

Also has anyone done the dolphin swim in the national park? How is it? Are the dolphins well cared for or is it tiny enclosures with dolphins crammed inside?Wouldn't want to give them my money if it was the latter.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 5, 2009 at 4:46 PM
    • Scooter Rentals

by cheyennepmf Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM

I just got back from Cozumel and we rented scooters right in front of where our ship docked and everything seemed fine we paid cash for the scooters and the owner took a carbon copy of our credit cards for insurance purpose if we crash the scooters we'd be billed well we didn't crash we returned the scooters and I get home and there was a 230.00$ charge on my card VISA says I cannot dispute because we didn't have receipts showing we paid cash... totally got scammed! beware of scooter rentals! don't give them your credit card for any reason!

4 Answers Nov 18, 2008 at 11:16 PM