Isla Contoy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airbnb playa del carmen

Playa del Carmen Feb 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Moving to playa the end of April and interested in leasing condos/apartments on Airbnb for some supplemental income. Does anyone have any experience you can share?

more
    • Travel around Tulum

Tulum Feb 10, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Are there any affordable golf courses near Tulum?
      When is the New Airport to be Open?

more
    • Late crossing to Holbox

Isla Holbox Feb 14, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Hi there - could anyone let me know if it will be possible to make a late crossing to Holbox.
      Our flight arrives into Cancun at 19:00, so we expect to arrive into Chiquila at about 23:00, I've read on a few forums that you can pay a local fisherman to take you across. Is this safe and how readily available will they be? We are travelling mid November. I know people will say stay the night in Cancun and make the trip the next day, but we are very keen just to get to the island as our time there will be short and we don't want to waste another day travelling.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

more
    • Akumal versus Tulum

Akumal Feb 25, 2015 at 2:45 PM

My gf and I are travelling to Mexico and it looks like Akumal is an expensive place to stay so we're considering getting accommodation in Tulum instead. Is this a good idea? Is Tulum a nice enough town?

more
    • Driving/Renting a Car in the Yucatan at Night

Estado de Quintana Roo Feb 17, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Is it safe to drive around the Yucatan (Cancun to Valladolid, to Tulum, to Akumal, and back) at night? Our flights get in very late at night (around midnight) and leave very early in the morning (around 7am). We'd love to avoid having to stay in a hotel at the airport, but don't know if that's feasible as I've heard the roads are not very well lit and thus signs would be hard to follow--and we've never driven there before. We would plan on renting a car.

Speaking of which--does anyone have any good recommendations for the best/cheapest company to rent a car from at the Cancun airport? I've read that prices that American car rental companies quote online are only that cheap b/c they don't include the required insurance that you have to purchase. Any car rental advice would be great. Thanks!

more
    • Cruise stop in Cozumel

Isla Cozumel Feb 16, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Two Families (kids age 15 & 12), coming to Cozumel on MSC Cruise in March. Thinking of doing Thriller Jet Boat Ride. Do you recommend? I believe it is a 15 min cab ride from port. Right? How much would cab ride be? Afterwards thinking of finding a beach. Is Paradise Beach close? Is there another beach you would recommend? Thanks!!!!

more
    • Local Culture

Playa del Carmen Feb 16, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Are there any "non-touristy" things to do to experience the culture of the area? Maybe something like a market; much like a farmers market. Things that the locals do on a regular basis.

more