Isla Chiloé

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Minibus to San Pedro

Calama May 4, 2015 at 3:48 PM

2015 how much is the minibus from airport to San Pedro?

more
    • veerzaara's Profile Photo

General Questions

Easter Island May 6, 2015 at 8:11 PM

1) I would like to know if I have to pick up my luggage (one piece) once I arrive in Santiago, Chile and recheck my luggage for the flight to Easter Island? (I am arriving from the U.S.)

2) Do I have to purchase a national park ticket (not certain if this is the correct name for it) at the airport in order to enter the parks?

3) Is it still possible to get an Easter Island passport stamp?

4) And my final questions: Do most of the restaurants prefer Chilean pesos rather than American dollars? And how

much should I budget approximately for lunch and dinner each day?

Thank you in advance for any answers you can provide!

more
    • which stop to get off from the airport bus in SCL to catch the Hop on hop off bus?

Santiago Yesterday

Staying in Santiago for about 12 hours and wanted to go into the city. Which airport bus stop would be ideal to get off in Santiago to get on the hop-on hop off day for the day?

more

Safety for Solo Female Traveler

Easter Island May 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM

If this has already been addressed on another forum that I haven't read yet, I apologize. I will be traveling to Easter Island the last week of May 2015. I have a tour guide for two full days and one half day, but I would like to explore the island alone on the fourth day and in the evening. Is this safe to do for a solo female traveler? Thanks!

more

Reciprocity Fee for U.S. Citizens?

Easter Island May 20, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Does anyone know if Chile did in fact end the $160 reciprocity fee for U.S. citizens who travel to Easter Island via Santiago, Chile? Thanks!

more
    • kikekike's Profile Photo

rent-a-car in Ancud or Chiloe

by kikekike Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 2:45 PM

I am visiting chiloe from 27/10 to 31/10
      I have found difficult to find where to rent a car in the island, preferably in Ancud. Any help? Alternatively, is it feasible to move around by public transport?

5 Answers Dec 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    • Isla Chiloe

by Chloe1984 Online Now May 11, 2007 at 4:59 AM

My friend and I are spending one month in Argentina and Chile. The idea of visiting this island appeals to us, but is it worth the trip? How long does it take to get there from the Chilean coast, and how much would it cost us? (We would do it the cheapest way possible!) We could really only afford to spend one day there. Please advise!! :-)

2 Answers Jun 14, 2007 at 11:41 AM
    • Visit to Chiloe

by dantarta Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 7:59 PM

I will have 2 days on Chiloe and want to visit Castro, Dalcahue, Chonchi and National Park Chiloe. May be also Ancud (if enough time, not sure what is better).
      We will start from Puerto Montt around 10am after landing, and I plan to be in Puerto Varas next night. What is the best way to do it? Buy tour or rent car?
      If yes, which operators/car agencies are the best. Should we take 4WD to visit park or regular car is ok? Where is the best place to spend night in Castro (local and cheap)?
      Any other tips?

Thanks,
      Dan

1 Answer Feb 15, 2006 at 4:52 AM
    • Visit to Chiloe

by dantarta Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 5:37 PM

I will have 2 days on Chiloe and want to visit Castro, Dalcahue, Chonchi and National Park Chiloe. May be also Ancud (if enough time, not sure what is better).
      We will start from Puerto Montt around 10am after landing, and I plan to be in Puerto Varas next night. What is the best way to do it? Buy tour or rent car?
      If yes, which operators/car agencies are the best. Should we take 4WD to visit park or regular car is ok? Where is the best place to spend night in Castro (local and cheap)?
      Any other tips?

Thanks,
      Dan

• janeolga's Profile Photo

Ancud

by janeolga Online Now Nov 24, 2005 at 8:51 AM

It's so cold and wet in Ancud today and I need a thicker raincoat. Has anyone any idea where I can buy one? I am trapped in a really fantastic hostal, the Hostal Nuevo Mundo but I would like to go out soon! Please reply asap jaaneolga!

1 Answer Nov 4, 2006 at 7:29 AM
    • travelin-light's Profile Photo

Quellon>>>Chaiten Ferry

by travelin-light Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 2:19 PM

Does anyone know the schedule for the ferry from Quellon to Chaiten? I would really like to make the crossing with my truck, as it would save quite a bit of miles, probably not time, on my way to Esquel, AR. Thanks in advance!

G

• Things to see around Castro

by CORNYSUL Online Now Dec 26, 2003 at 2:22 PM

I'm going to spend some time in Chiloe. Are there any interesting places to see on the off shore islands around Castro.