change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• krimbow's Profile Photo

Help on 14/08/2014

Geneva Aug 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Need a place to place to stay this Thursday. Will be arriving by plane at 9pm. Can any kind person give me a room for one night?
      Cheers...

more
    • Train trip

Caux Jul 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hi. I am in Montreux. I Want to take à train trip to Caux or Glion With my kids to walk around then have lunch. Should we go to caux or glion. ? Can We walk down from Caux to glion then take the train back ?

Thank you

more
    • Travel from Valens to Zurich airport

Valens Aug 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM

How can I Travel from Valens to Zurich airport?

more
    • What to pack

Interlaken Aug 11, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Do we need warm clothing in interlaken during the week beginning 18th August

more
    • Interlaken to Brescia, Italy

Interlaken Aug 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM

We are traveling the first week of September from Interlaken to Brescia, Italy by car. What is the most scenic route that does not lose a lot of time between the two cities. We would also like to stop for lunch at Lake Lugano or Lake Como if possible.

more
    • JamesRHewitt's Profile Photo

Ice Pavilion entry

Saas-Fee Aug 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Do you know if the Saaspass includes entry to the Ice Pavilion, please?

more
    • ataritt's Profile Photo

Free parking near the Lift in Stalden or Staldenried

Stalden Aug 5, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I am travelling electrically, and I will visit Gspon. Is there anywhere near the telecabin station Stalden or Staldenried place for parking my small electric vehicle free?
      Thanks for your advice,
      Gerald

more
    • Cost of living,Prices

Neuchâtel Aug 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Hi.....Can you give me a guide as to what is an average price for a coffee, a lunch and a dinner.
      Regards,

more
    • PatB74's Profile Photo

transportation to Eriz

Zürich Aug 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM

what is the best way to get from Zurich to Eriz? Thanks

more
    • Geneva-Neuchatel by train

Canton de Neuchâtel Jul 29, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Hello. My mother comes to visit me in Neuchatel, from the airport of Geneva, do you know from witch platform she can take the train to Neuchatel? Thank you very much.

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

mobile options

Geneva Aug 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM

what are the mobile options for someone that will live in Geneva for 12 months?
      1)is it better to buy a local sim card or make a contract?
      2)cost of each option?
      3)any special offers? (free phones in europe etc)

more
    • Lucerne to Basel River Cruise Boat Dock

Basel Aug 9, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Could anyone give me advice on the best way to get to the Viking River Cruise ship dock from the Renaissance Hotel in Lucerne

more
    • Lauterbrunnen to Munich

Lauterbrunnen Jul 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Best way to travel from Lauterbrunnen to Munich ?

more
    • Cheapest travel options

Interlaken Jul 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Can anybody recommend any good and cheap travel websites/ booking sites for train journeys? I am travelling from Innsbruck to Interlaken in late september and the trains have been coming up at over £100, and just wondered if there was any good websites for this kind of thing? Thanks in advance

more
    • Day trip from interlaken

Mürren Jul 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Hi planning swiss in September.my first question is how's the weather.???do I get to see the autumn colours...will be staying in interlaken for three nites.taking a day trip to laussane one day.the next day m thinking of murren.is it worth goin to murren for a visit.i love the scenic beauty.m mesmerised seeing all the pics..pls do throw some light into this matter.suggest me if I should take these two day trips or just soak in the weather in interlaken.ur advise would be appreciated......I don't mind skipping any one of these tour if u tell me do so...

more
    • munich to salzburg to zellamsee to interlaken

Switzerland Aug 20, 2014 at 6:15 AM

I'm planning to visit Germany Austria Switzerland on early Oct with my wife without the kids.

please advise if i should shorten my stay in munich? should I also cancel salzburg/eagles nest route and head straight to zellamsee. also if i should stay the night at Zillertal or zellamsee. is one day enough. should i visit Zugspitze? and the castle or just drive straight to interlaken and spend one more day there? should i stay one more day at Geneva?

Day1 Arrive Munich Germany airport get car from sixt agency. Relax in Munich.

Day2 tour Munich

Day3 go to Salzburg Austria via eagles’ nest. https://goo.gl/maps/6Of2i sleep in Sulzurg. 2:30 min driving.

Day4 go to Zell am See lake and sleep in Zillertal. 3:42 mins driving. https://goo.gl/maps/EfYJp many places to stop and scenery and water fall. This is the best part of Austria. Maybe we should spend one extra night there.

Day5 go to Innsbruck, hill top Nordkettenbahn, Garmisch-Partenkirchen Germany , Hell top Zugspitze, then Hohenschwangau Castle Germany. 3:30 drive. https://goo.gl/maps/hjvX4 sleep nearby in Hotel Müller.

Day6 go to Interlaken Switzerland 4:30 min. Avoiding Zurich and lucerne because they are boring, and lake road is much nicer. https://goo.gl/maps/nD9CC take tours on the lakes. Walk around the lakes and enjoy. Sleep in Interlaken.

Day7 stay in Interlaken boat tour around the lakes visit the ‘Blausee’ lake/forest and relax.

Day8 (Sunday) head to Montreux, Lausanne, Geneva. 2:30mins drive. https://goo.gl/maps/Ykpn0. Many Shops might be closed on Sunday.

Day9 (Monday, Oct 13th) leave from Geneva.

more
    • 2 Days of hiking in Engelberg

Engelberg Aug 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Hello!

We are two adults who will be staying at a hotel in Engelberg on Monday & Tuesday, September 1 - 2.

I am using the Engelberg activity map as my only reference.

We would like advice on two day hikes. In both cases, we wish to end the day back in Engelberg at our hotel.

For one hike, I would like to get to the top of Titlis by hiking to Stand and then taking the cable car from Stand to the top. I hear there is a glacial cave in that area, is it worth visiting?

For day two, I would appreciate some recommendations. The four lakes trail looks promising and would be a full day of hiking:

"Engelberg – Gerschnialp – Trübsee – Jochpass – Engstlenalp – Tannalp – Chringen – Bettenalp – Melchsee-Frutt or Chringen – Bonistock – Karstfelder – Melchsee-Frutt – Stöckalp (plus 1 h)
      A full day of alpine splendor, mag- nificent flora and clear lakes. Ideal from mid/end June to late Septem- ber. Most sections accessible on foot or by lift. Great views of Engstlensee at the trail’s highest point on Joch- pass. Short climb from Engstlenalp to Tannalp, level to Melchsee-Frutt. Alternate, higher trail section from Tannalp. At Melchsee-Frutt ride the lift to Stöckalp. Postal bus to Kerns and Stans. Return to Engelberg on the Luzern–Stans–Engelberg railway."

Are either of these two days too ambitious? Are there any other trails or views that you would recommend over these two?

Thank you very much for any advice!

more
    • information on parking

Geneva Aug 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM

no parking facility in hotel. where do we park car?

more
    • Train Travel

Lauterbrunnen Jul 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

We are travelling from Paris to Lauterbrunnen in April 2015 for 3 nights and then on to Rome, what is the best method of transport and what are the costs like ?

Cheers

more
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Off to Switzerland in 15 days

Switzerland Aug 4, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Hi
      Our holiday to Switzerland is imminent and I could do with some advice.
      We fly into and out of Geneva, we are staying in an apartment in Montreux for 10 days.

1) We have places offered (applied back in Jan 14) for a guided tour of CERN on the 20th August but I am beginning to think that travelling back to Geneva the day after we arrive will be unnecessarily expensive, so I am wondering if it would be a better idea to visit CERN (without the guided tour) on our departure day as we do not fly home unit 5pm?

2) I am confused about the different rail passes, here is what we are (loosely) thinking of doing during our stay,
      Spending a couple of days in Montreaux/Vevey
      One mountain (Schithorn?)
      One vineyard (suggestions please)
      A day in Bern via Thun
      Laussane
      Lucerne
      Advise please on whether to add a visit Lauterbrunnen, Zermat, Gruyers, and whether Evian is doable/advisable.

Can anyone please advise as to whether to get a 'pass'? Which one? And whether we can combine any of these trips.

Regards

Lesley

more
    • AmyC53's Profile Photo

Ferry and Bus Times!

by AmyC53 Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Hello! I saw the above comments that mentioned making sure that we check times for the bus and ferry. Could you tell me where you found the times for the buses and ferries going from Interlacken to Iseltwald? Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM