Irondequoit

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best buffalo wings

New York City Yesterday

Hello - Can anyone recommend me where I can get the best buffalo wings near the hotel I'll be staying in - Hilton Midtown? Thank you.

more
    • storing luggage

New York City 4 hours ago

we will be in nyc on 10-11-14 for a day. Our cruise ship arrives at 8a and our flight at jfk leaves at 7p. Is there somewhere to store luggage for the day or is it legal to check luggage at the airport early-hours early? Thanks for any help

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

one night in the city

New York City 23 hours ago

My husband and I are headed to my favorite city for one day. We are arriving at 10 am and have tickets to see Jimmy Fallon at 3:30ish and a show after that. Morning is not a problem, but since we have to head back early the next morning we've decided not to get a hotel room and just enjoy the city that never sleeps. I think dinner after the show is on our list, but any recommendations on what we could do from about midnight till 3 in the morning? We aren't "club" folks, but are pretty open to suggestions. Coffee shops, maybe?

more
    • Take out buffet

New York City Aug 17, 2014 at 9:41 PM

A couple of years ago, in front of the Portland Hotel (I think the hotel no longer bears that name ) in Times Square there was a wonderful take out buffet. Does this take buffet still existe? If not, are there other places for take out buffets in the Times Square area? Thanks! Helene

more
    • What public transport options are available to commute to midtown Manhattan?

City Island Aug 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM

What public transport options are available to commute to midtown Manhattan?

more
    • Nighttime?

New York City Yesterday

Hello all - I'll be in NYC for a few days at the end of October. Staying in Midtown.I have been to NYC before about 8 years ago and seen the main tourist sights. This visit is for work and I expect I'll be in meetings/dinner with client until about 10pm, but as I am unlikely to be back any time soon, I really want to make the most of my time in NYC. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can do/see from 10pm for a couple of hours. I have ESB and Times Sq on the list as these are open late, but beyond that am struggling. Any museums or bus tours still open/going on at that time?

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers, P.

more
    • Music in Greenwich Village

New York City Aug 17, 2014 at 10:04 PM

We like Georgia Peach jubilation signing, jazz, clap along and Dixie Jazz with lots of atmoshere. Does anyone know Arthur's Tavern on Groove Street? Need réservations? If not, any other suggestions for that type of music in the evening...8-9-10 ? Thanks!

more
    • EmmicaJane's Profile Photo

Where's good to eat Thanksgiving Dinner?

Manhattan Island Aug 16, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Me and my sister will be Staying in Manhattan for a week (age 27 & 31). We're travelling from England, UK and want to experience a traditional Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner with all the Necessary trimmings i.e. Yams, Cranberries & Pumpkin pies etc...

Can anyone recommend anywhere??

more
    • Beaches in september

New York City Sep 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hi!
      Is there any beaches open in the New York area during this month? September.
      Any suggestions would be super! :)
      Cheers!
      /Dennis

more
    • oldguy472003's Profile Photo

Travel by Subway from Times Square to Yankee stadium

Manhattan Island Aug 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Have tickets for the evening game on Friday Sept 5th.
      Any thoughts on how long before game time we should catch the subway? we are staying in a hotel a block or so from Times square. I expect large crowds, should I also expect huge lineups at security, or do they handle things fairly well?
      If we arrived there a couple hours early is there something to see /do near the stadium?
      Many thanks.

more
    • Hop On/Off Tour Buses in NYC

New York City Aug 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I want to take a tour bus on a downtown loop for 1 day in NYC. All of them have great reviews and horrible reviews. I can't figure out which one that I should take. Any suggestions?
      Also, this is going to be the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Will this be an extremely busy time? Should I buy the tickets now?
      Thanks!

more
    • Any good alternative near empire state building

New York City Aug 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Hi Experts,

do you have any "special" tips for me what I can do after visiting Empire State building on a friday?. I thought going to Madison Square Garden but I guess it's not that spectecular.
      Background: I plan to do something special for my longtime gf and in my opinion Madison Square Garden (or Macy's what is near by) is not that special.

In the evening (5pm) we will eat at a high class restaurant (Jean Georges) but I am looking for more events like this without spending several hundreds of dollars. I just want something what is a little bit relaxing and/or romantic.

The other places of interests (statue of liberty, world trade, Central Station etc.) I plan to visit on other days.
      Thank you for your help.

Greetings

more
    • Alternative for high class restaurant

New York City Aug 18, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Hi folks,
      I am looking for some of the best food in NY. We are going to stay full 4 days and on 1 day we want to eat at a really fancy restaurant. Eleven Madison Park is unfornunately completly booked out. What can you recommend for a "fancy" restaurant dinner and are there any special food alternatives I have to try during the "normal" days (doesn't need to be fancy at all. Just tasty ;D)

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Christmas with kids

New York City Aug 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Now that I have my hotel question answered, time for the good stuff. We are taking our grands (age 3 and 5) to see all the Christmas greatness in the city. I've been before, but not with the littles. Any of you have guides/suggestions on great things to do with them? We will have 3 days and, of course, the tree, window displays and Santa at Macy's are already on the list.

more
    • Kobus_AgriTraveler's Profile Photo

Quick visit

New York City Aug 21, 2014 at 3:59 AM

I will be arriving in New York at JFK airport on Tuesday morning the 26th August. I will depart again from La Guardia airport at 17h00 to Des Moines. My question is, what can I do (sightseeing, breakfast/lunch) in the time available and still be in time to catch my flight out?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

more
    • Christmas time in New York City

New York City Aug 16, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hi everyone. I just have a couple of questions about NYC around Christmas time.

I am from New Zealand and my mother who is 76 has ALWAYS wanted to visit NYC around Christmas time to see if it's like she has seen on the tv, i.e. Santa on each street corner and all the decorated stores and the snow etc.

Now she is not very energetic so I am just wondering how easy it is to get around the city and where would be a good place to stay. And would November be a good time to visit for her to get the Christmas experience that she wants?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

more
    • Sunday gospel singing

New York City Aug 17, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Can we enter a Church on a Sunday morning to heau some good southern spiritual in Harlem? Any suggestionswhere to go to listen to the rejoicing without being trapped in tens of tours tourists laden with cameras? We are looking for something authenic,,,and family atmosphere if possible. Any tips would be most welcomed! Thanks Helene

more
    • Accommodation in NYC

New York City Sep 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

HI Guys,

A bunch of us, meaning 8 of us :-), are going to NYC in late October. It's a budget trip.

We're seeking advise on the accommodation in NYC. Thinking of getting a daily rate apartment to house all of us. Would that be feasible? Are there budget apartments to rent on a daily basis within the town center? Any recommendation would be great! Alternatives are also welcome.

Thanks in advance for an advise given.

You all have a great day...

Cheers

more
    • Driving to NYC and booking a hotel on Hotwire

New York City Aug 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Just wondering if I should gamble and risk booking a hotel on Hotwire when I'm not guaranteed if the hotel will have a parking lot or not. Nervous about where to put my car once I arrive. I've got an 8-hour drive til I arrive to NYC and would love to know if I should risk it or not because I'd also like to save money for hotels.

more
    • 17 years and I'm visiting for 2 weeks NY with my friend for the first time in Christmas

New York City Aug 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm going to be in NYC for 2 weeks, I never went to New York I'm from Spain and I need some advice can you give me some advice of places to visit ,shows and plays to watch, where to spend the evenings ,good places to do jogging at morning ,where can I eat cheap and good ,what will I need ,places where I can make good shopping for a low price ...
      I would so thankful for some help

more
    • Shortest visit ever - probably crazy but NYC is a bucket list item

New York City Aug 19, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I have never been to NYC. I will be in Washington DC on business next week. My business concludes early Thursday afternoon, yet my flight out is not until Friday at 1pm est ... out of Dulles. I will have a rental car to get from DC to NYC. I plan on maybe 6 - 8 hours in NYC before needing to make the drive back.

During this extremely short visit, I would like to see (if possible) Central Park, the Empire State Building, Times Square, and Ground Zero.

Looking for locals to tell me if this can be done ... and what is the best method to do so?

Where to park (even potentially outside of Manhattan and public transport in)?
      Parking cost expected
      Where to begin? Start north at the Park and work south to Ground Zero? Vice Versa
      What public transport is best to execute this route? A mix
      Would like to know as specific as possible - subway train lines to take? Buses (not opposed to walking but want to maximize short time)

Essentially looking for can this be done, and as someone who has never been there, what specifically is the best way to navigate to as many locations as possible. Not looking to do tours ... just go and see what i can see.

Thanks!

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Transportation from Newark Airport Marriott to Manhattan

New York City Aug 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I can get a really good rate at the Newark Airport Marriott for an upcoming trip. A LOT cheaper that in the city, but is it worth the trouble of getting back and forth? There will be 4 of us, but 2 are small children. What price point makes it worth the effort?

more