Irondequoit

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• visiting Harlem for the first time

Harlem Jul 4, 2015 at 9:47 AM

My wife and I are planning to visit Harlem for the first time tomorrow. (Sunday)
      Any suggestions of where to go? I mean, "you don't want to miss" kind of places?

Thanks,

more
    • Shortest downhill trail with the least amount of steps - Watkis Glen State Park

Watkins Glen State Park Jul 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM

I can't do steps nor a lot of walking due to knee problems.What would be the shortest trail with the least amount of downhill steps?

more
    • Things to do

Adirondack State Park Jul 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM

My niece's two daughters - 11 and 13 - are athletic and curious, but used to city life. I would like to use Adirondack (I live in Saratoga County) to introduce them to the outdoors. What activities with associated locations would you recommend.

more
    • Transportation

Greenport Jul 22, 2015 at 3:03 PM

Hi there, I`m wondering how do you get from Greenport to Orient point when you do not have a car? Thanks for a tip

more
    • Coolest place to stay

New York City Jul 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM

My daughter and I are going to New York in a few weeks. We go every summer to see as many Broadway shows as possible. Sometimes we stay in Time Square to be close to the theaters but I think one time staying there is more than enough. We have stayed right on Central Park but are looking for something different this time.

We would like a neighborhood that is fun and hip with cool shopping and good places to get coffee in the morning.
      I was thinking of staying at the Standard High Line but would like recommendations of cool neighborhoods to stay in where we can walk to the shopping and restaurants.

thanks, Robin

more
    • alexchapman35's Profile Photo

New York, March 2016.

New York State Yesterday

Hi all, my Dad and I are coming to NYC Friday March 11th 2016, we arrive at JFK at 11:45 and leave on the Monday late evening and we absolutely cannot wait.

Could you please give us an itinerary to follow which includes the following :
      Empire state building
      Statue of liberty and Ellis island
      9/11 museum and memorial
      Grand central station
      Staten island ferry
      central park ( horse and carriage )
      Firestation in Ghostbusters (for me).

Could you also recommend a few good bars I could visit in the evenings that are fun and friendly, not sure my Dad will be joining me as he's nearly 70 (I'm 38) but who knows ?

Thanks in advance, I'm extremely excited and can't wait for our trip

Thanks again,
      Alex Chapman.

more
    • blue128's Profile Photo

Rangers Tickets

New York City Jul 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Looking for two tickets for the Rangers game Dec 15th, Wife and I will be visiting from Scotland and thats the only home game I can see that meets our dates. Their site doesn't show tickets available for that game. Any suggestions please ?

more
    • romar1971's Profile Photo

Airport transfer (2)

New York City Jun 30, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Has anyone used Blacklane transfer service from Newark Airport to Manhattan? The price seems reasonable.

more
    • romar1971's Profile Photo

Airport transfer

New York City Jun 30, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Can anyone recommend a reliable private transfer company to take 4 of us from Newark Airport to our hotel in midtown Manhattan?

more
    • Jersey City to Manhattan public transport

New York City Jul 18, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I would like to know how is public transport working at evenings from Manhattan to Jersey City. Our hotel is near the Union City, so I am wondering what is best transport at night. Is it safe?

more
    • Things to see

Manhattan Island Jul 15, 2015 at 3:36 PM

We will only be there for 5 hrs. What should we see?

more
    • Young blond white woman in Harlem or Bronx as a visitor. Yes or No?

New York City Jul 12, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Hey Local Fellas, Please help me in this safety question. My friend is visiting NYC soon as a tourist, staying there for 1 month just for a vacation. This is her first time in NYC (and in USA as well), she is from Eastern Europe, and we are not sure how safe is Harlem and Bronx for her. I have read some great reviews for these areas that they are not that dangerous as it was, and some of you wrote that you are living there for years and feel safe. I know it is different if you are a local, but what about this case? What do you think? Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated. Gabriella

more
    • 1st time to USA End Of August Trip (FROM UK)

New York City Jun 30, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Hi,
      Very excited for our first time to NYC, can anyone tell me the weather for end of august/September? What are the must things to do whilst there? We are staying in the Langham Place 55th street, has anyone stayed? Any TIPS welcome?

more
    • Which area best

New York State Jul 2, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Hi i am looking fir reasonable priced hotels i have found 3 in my budget the first in long island city second Brooklyn third china town which is the dearest of them, which area would be best for transport site seeing etc?? Flying into JFK in Sept

more
    • baron1970's Profile Photo

2 days to spend in new york City

New York City Jul 1, 2015 at 5:01 AM

Hello! I was adviced to see the following places in 2 full days we weill be staying in NYC in July15-17 with my wif and kids (8&12). I would appreciate if you could
      - add any must see places which are not in the list
      - eliminate the entries which you would not advice to see in such a limitid time because it is too far, closed etc.
      - group these places into 2 parts in terms of their locations for 2 days plan.

Here are the places:

Empire State Building

Statue of Liberty
      American Museum of Natural History
      Central Park
      FAO Schwarz (767 5th Ave)
      The Sony Wonder Technology Lab
      Hershey's Times Square
      National September 11 Memorial and Museum
      Ripley's Believe It or Not! Times Square
      Rockefeller Centre
      Times Square/Broadway
      South Street Seaport
      Chinatown

One final request: Which Broadway show would you recommend for my kids?
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • k8isgr8's Profile Photo

Security check - under age

New York City Jul 20, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Hello! I am going to New York with my two friends in August and we are quite scared about the security check. We are all under age and we're going to visit my friend (16 yrs old) and her mother. Her mother was borned in Czech Republic and she is also daughter of my dad's friend so they come to Czech Republic every year, and this is how we met. I am afraid that this will sound stupid because we aren't family.And what we should tell to the security check when they ask about the reason why we are visiting new york? Can we say that we are going there because of the tourism? I am just afraid that they will think that we are going there to work or something....

Thank you for your advice

more
    • k8isgr8's Profile Photo

Can I bring cheese to the USA?

New York City Yesterday

Hey

I want to bring cheese to the USA. It's ok, I've already read an article about bringing food to the USA, but I don't know what should I say in Custom Declaration. -Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Are you bringing with you:

A)Fruits, plants, food, or insects? B)Meats, animals, or animal/wildlife products?

Should I mark Yes to these answers?

more