change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fishing trips in cheboksary

Cheboksary Jul 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Hi
      are there guided fishing trips offered in Cheboksary?
      I am staying there several weeks and the river wolga seems to be a perfect place for fishing.
      Thanks for any hint.

more
    • about shopping in vladivostok

Vladivostok Jul 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM

where to get reasonable and good quality of following products: knitted wear, furry coats,handmade jewellery, porcelain beads, handcraft items, Vladivostok's souvenirs?

more
    • getting into Mongolia at Tashanta gate post

Biysk Jun 23, 2014 at 10:08 PM

are there any transport getting into Mongolia from Biysk at the Tashanta gate post

more
    • if it is possible?

Petrozavodsk Jul 4, 2014 at 1:08 AM

there is bus from petrozavodsk to st.peterpurge and the adress and the time and if possible number ?

more
    • Boat or hydrofoil between Kostroma and Yaroslav

Kostroma Jul 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Is still working the boat service between Kostroma and Yaroslav? If it is the case, do you know the timetable in summer time? Thanks.

more
    • airporttaxi

Nizhniy Novgorod Jul 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM

hi i am on a holiday to nizhney novogorod with my family.
      i wish to take a taxi from airport to azimuth hotel in the city.do i get English speaking driver?what is the approximate cost?
      i am first time to nizhney
      regards
      kumar

more
    • Train from St.Petersburg to Pskov

Pskov Jun 25, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Are there Trainconnections from St. Petersburg to Pskov during the day as well?
      Not only a night train.

more
    • Skillsbus's Profile Photo

Travel to Staraya Ladoga

Saint Petersburg Jul 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I will be in Stp in September. Is it possible to travel by bus to Staraya Ladoga and if so where does it depart from and its route number. Alternatively are there good train links ?

more
    • Where can i top up my mobile phone account in Russia?

Moscow Yesterday

Where can i top up my mobile phone account in Russia?

Advise plz

more
    • travel from kHARKİV TO bELGOROD

Belgorod Jul 15, 2014 at 8:32 PM

CAN ANY BODY ADVİSE ME HOW İS THE BEST WAY TO TO TRAVEL FROM AİRPORT TO BELGOROD .I AM TRAVELİNG ON AUGUST 9TH ANY REASONABLE PRİCEDHOTEL İN BELGOROD
      THANK YOU
      SANCA

more
    • Metro to Finland Station early in the morning

Saint Petersburg Jul 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I have a question about St Petersburg public tranportation.
      I'll stay in St Petersburg and then I'll head to Helsinki by train. A good option for me is catch the train at 6.40 a.m at Finland Station. I'll be hosted near from Admiralteyskaya metro station.
      Is the metro working at this time? Is it safe? Will I be able to arrive on time to Finland Station?
      What's the options?
      Thank you!

more
    • Pushka cafe

Moscow Jul 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM

How can I pre book for dinner at Pushka cafe ?

more
    • Tours to Join

Saint Petersburg Jun 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hello. I am planning to travel to Saint Petersburg for the first time this September. I am traveling by myself and am looking for guided tours to join that go to different sights in the city as well as tours that take day trips to Peterhof or Pushkin. I want to find tours that are already scheduled that I can join. All that I have found so far are tours with companies that would charge a lot just for me with no one else on the tour.

Thanks for any suggestions.

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Jun 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi, I'm planning to visit Saint Petersbug on August. Catherine Palace is on my to do list. Which is the easiest way to reach it from Saint Petersburg downtown (my hotel is very close to Hermitage Museum)? Do you suggest to visit also Alexander Palace? Which are the park pavilions I can't miss?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

more
    • Tour Buses from Airport

Moscow Jul 10, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I have a 6 hour layover in the Moscow airpot (SVO) and was wondering if there is a city tour or soemthing I could do for 4 hours or so. I am female and traveling alone so I need something that is safe. Thank you!

more
    • AbhisekD's Profile Photo

is racism there against indians in st.petersburg

Saint Petersburg Jul 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i am an indian and i am joining St. Petersburg State Medical Academy so i would be very grateful if someone would tell me about the attitude and feelings of the locals towards us as i have read some unpleasant experiences from the internet about people with coloured skins

more

Popular Irkutskaya Oblast' Travel Answer Locations

• Luggage storage

Tal'tsy Jun 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Is there a place to leave luggage at the Museum for a few hours?

3 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • willsk22's Profile Photo

Birthday in Irkutsk

Irkutsk Jul 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I am travelling from Beijing to Moscow via UlaanBaatar to see family in Moscow for New Years.

However it is my Birthday around the time I will be in Irkutsk, my question is- whilst it's not a milestone birthday and I will be on my own, is there a decent bar scene, so I can live a few glasses to myself! Not really that bothered about birthdays, but as I'm travelling I thought doing something in Baikal in the day and staying somewhere nice on the evening would be as good as spending it slugging another night out on the train...

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.. Oh I am a 36 yr old British male btw.

Regards,

Will

5 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    • Irkutsk at 2am... what to do? help!

Irkutsk Jul 8, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Hello.

I'm getting the train across to Ulan Bator, and get into Urkutsk at 2.32am. I only have that day and the next day there, before getting the train on. (Don't ask... visa mess up).

Can anyone give me advice on what to do - is there somewhere I should stay in Irkutsk at that time cheaply for a few hours? Or is there a way to make my way directly to Listvyanka... and any recommendations on where to stay?

Thank you so much. It probably looks like I'm being lazy. But I've done lots of looking into this and figure I can work something out. But given my limited time, it seemed wisest to ask the experts for a recommendation!

Thanks again,
      Andy

2 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    • bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

Direct Flight to Beijing

Irkutskaya Oblast' Jun 30, 2011 at 6:30 AM

Are/Is there any direct flight from Irkutsk to Beijing? if any, what is the airline? thanks

8 Answers Jun 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    • Fishing on lake Baikal and around Listvanka

Listvyanka May 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM

We are traveling on the Trans Siberian and will spend 3 days in Listvyanka.
      We would love to do some fishing there. My friend and myself are traveling with our wives who have no interest in fishing so we will have very limited time.
      Does any one know of and half or one day fishing tours or a fishing guide we could hire for a day.
      We arrive there on 13th of august 2011 in their summer.
      Would love to go home to Australia having caught a fish in Siberia. This is the only chance for this to happen.
      Regards Ray Broughton

1 Answer May 28, 2011 at 1:54 AM
    • Nuclei's Profile Photo

How can I order "smoked omul"?

Irkutsk Apr 19, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Dear Friends,

Do you know any online shopping site or any shop/company in Russia that I can order smoked omul. This is the best fish I ever tasted. I could not find any VT member in Listvyanka and also the VT members in Irkutsk seem inactive.

Appreciate any help.

4 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    • Lisvianka / Lake Baikal - shopping & gifts

Irkutsk Mar 1, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I will do a trip to Russia in May (as part of a longer trip with the Transsib). We have booked a homestay in a Russian family located in Listvianka at Lake Baikal via a travel agency.

We are now wondering what the place Listvianka is like? Are there any shops to buy food, souvenirs etc.? Is there maybe even a bike rental? Are there local tour operators that arrange day tours, like walking tours or something similar?

Plus: What kind of gifts should we bring with us from Germany for the guest family?

Thank you for your answers in advance!
      Catrin

8 Answers Apr 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    • ferry boat from ostrov ol'khon to Ust- Barguzin......

Ostrov Ol'khon Jul 4, 2010 at 6:58 AM

does somebody know if there is a ferry boat or some " water transport " that goes from the island of ostrov ol'khon to Ust- Barguzin in agoust?
      thank you a lot

3 Answers Jul 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM
    • jeffpv's Profile Photo

Irkutsk

Irkutskaya Oblast' Mar 1, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I'll be in Irkutsk for a week near the end of April. I was wondering what I should see while I'm there. I have some business for a couple of days, and will be free other days. I'd like to see Baikal while I'm there, and have a night or two out. Suggestions?

2 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    • Indian restaurants in Irkutsk

Irkutsk Feb 6, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Is there any Indian restaurant in Irkutsk? Google search is silent.

3 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    • just curious

Irkutskaya Oblast' Feb 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM

has anyone heard of the town of elabuda?

7 Answers Feb 15, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

September

Irkutsk Aug 3, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Hello
      Can anyone tell me about the temperature/weather situation in the beginning of september?
      Is it possible to get from Irkutsk to the north end of the lake and back
      at that time of year in 3-4 days?
      Any other suggestions for things to do that includes seeing the lake in 3-4 days??

• night Bajkal lake

Irkutsk Jun 28, 2008 at 4:15 AM

Hello
      I am planing sleep 1-2 night on Bajkal lake 12-13.07.2008
      I am looking a chaep sleep. Anyone could recomende something me? What city on Bajkal lake ? and on the other hand I am looking realy cheap sleep in Irkuck ?

3 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    • American Consulate in Irkutsk

Irkutsk Jun 16, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Is there an American Consulate/Embassy in Irkuts? If there is not, what is the closest location where people from Irkutsk get their USA visas? Thank you

3 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 11:10 AM
    • plbk's Profile Photo

Visa support letter/Invitation - Irkutsk region

Irkutsk Apr 20, 2008 at 4:22 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a visa support letter/invitation from anywhere in Irkutsk or Ulan Ude?

Thanks

2 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    • plbk's Profile Photo

Homestays in Irkutsk

Irkutskaya Oblast' Mar 30, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Hi,
      I am visiting Irkutsk in October and would like to use a homestay while there. I have read that there are plenty of people waiting at the train station advertising homestays on signs and I don't need to try and book one in advance. Is this correct?
      Cheers
      Peter

5 Answers Apr 3, 2008 at 8:38 AM
    • Long term accomodation in Irkutsk

Irkutsk Dec 16, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Hello. My girlfriend & I are planning to spend a couple of months in Russia basing ourselves in Irkutsk. I am looking for some general information about living costs, but especially renting a small apartment( as I hope this will cut the costs abit) & the possibility of teaching english to keep the bank balance from collapsing. I am from the UK & my girlfriend is Slovak( & speaks Russian, a big help)....we'd also like to get in touch with anyone living in Irkutsk, especially Russian, as it's always helpful to have friends. Thanks to all who reply. Andy

1 Answer Dec 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM
    • Moving to Irkutsk

Irkutsk Oct 1, 2007 at 7:59 AM

My husband and I are moving to Irkutsk and are interested in knowing about the cost of living in Irkutsk and surrounding area. We have lived for about 7 years in Russian towns, so we do not want to live like tourists. Our goal is to blend and live more or less like the locals. Any info on the range of rent costs or costs for buying property there would be appreciated. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Cor

3 Answers May 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    • How long to stay in Lake Baikal?

Irkutsk Mar 30, 2007 at 4:41 PM

HI, My partner and I will be stopping at Lake Baikal and were wondering how long to stay there, we are outdorrs type people with all our own camping gear is there neough to do to stay for a week or more? Is it a relaxing place etc?

Cheers

• How much time to spend at Lake Baikal

Irkutskaya Oblast' Mar 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM

I am travellling with my partner on the Transiberain railway and will be stopping at lake Baial. As we need to buy the train tickets upfront with dates we need to decide how long to stay at each place. We like the outdoors and have all our own camping gear with us. How long could you spend at Lake Baikal before you get bored? Is a week enough, or could you do more? Is there plenty to do and explore? And are you allowed to camp?

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 29, 2007 at 1:48 AM
    • jerrylyons207's Profile Photo

IWhere to watch FAC Cup Final in Irkutsk

Irkutsk Mar 25, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Hi

I will be in Irkutsk on May 19 2007. Does anyone know of a good bar that will show the English FA Cup Final on TV?

Also if there are any fans of Zvezda Irkutsk on this site please feel free to contact me.

Thank you

Jerry

• Looking for Hotel prices in Irkutsk and on Lake Baikal

Irkutsk Oct 20, 2006 at 1:21 PM

Hello to all, again. I am now trying to find prices for some of the hotels everyone has so graciously recommended. I have tried to book a hotel online, but I have not had any success. Can anyone make a recommendation. I have been told to expect to spend200.00 a night, does that sound correct?

1 Answer Oct 21, 2006 at 4:42 PM
    • African-American visiting friends in Irkutsk -- need advice

Irkutsk Sep 19, 2006 at 2:20 PM

Hello all and thank you in advance to those who reply. I will be traveling to Irkutsk in November to meet a dear friend. I am somewhat concerned about neo-nazi activity and I am trying to determine the safest place to stay (a hotel) and the best way to get around town without using public transportation. From what I have been able to learn from reading news reports and other sources, neo-nazi activity seems to be confined to areas that are less than desirable -- is that true? Are there any car services in Irkutsk that I could arrange in advance? Is there an office of the American Embassy in Irkutsk? All replies will be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2006 at 9:35 AM
    • Parus Travel Agency, Irkutsk

Irkutsk Aug 8, 2006 at 1:31 PM

Does anyone know the Parus Travel Agency in Irkutsk and have you had any dealings with them?

• ZoT's Profile Photo

car rental or alternatives in Irkutsk

Irkutsk Jul 28, 2006 at 3:39 AM

According to what I have read on VT, it seems that 1) visiting Baikal lake is a must; 2)it's a good idea going off the beaten path and visiting the most "unexplored" parts of it. That's why I was considering the option of getting a car in Irkutsk or Listvyanka for a couple of days. Does anybody know where I can do it? Or, are there alternatives like hiring a guide or a taxi driver?

Thank you in advance!

1 Answer Jul 30, 2006 at 2:20 PM
    • minibus to khuzir

Khuzhir Jul 25, 2006 at 4:11 PM

Hi, I get into to Irkutsk about 10am by train and want to travel to Khuzir on the same day in September. I'm in a group of 6 people. This seems to be too late for us to take the bus but I've read that we can take a minibus there. Can I book this in advance. Or would I be able to find a minibus on the day I arrive?

Thanks for any help.

• Apartments

Irkutsk Jul 19, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Can anyone please tell me if their are any tourist apartments for rent in Irkutsk?

• Etmeu's Profile Photo

Hotel at Irkutsk airport

Irkutsk Jul 13, 2006 at 4:26 PM

Does anyone knows the name of the hotel right near Irkutsk airport, and if possible their phone#?

Thank you.

Eric

2 Answers Aug 11, 2006 at 1:17 PM
    • Monhart's Profile Photo

Cheap Accomodation / Homestay?

Listvyanka Jul 7, 2006 at 2:19 AM

As a part of our trip with the Trans-mongolian, we`re going to stay in Listvyanka, near Lake Baikal, for a few days. As we travel on a quite low budget, I`m wondering if someone knows about some cheap places to stay there?

Also heard a tiny bit about homestays, how does that work, and is it worth the money?

Thanks,
      Frank

4 Answers Jul 10, 2006 at 8:33 AM
    • bafgkm's Profile Photo

Can I apply for Mongolia Visa at Irkutsk consulate?

Irkutsk Jun 29, 2006 at 11:53 AM

Hello!

Does anybody know that if I can apply for Mogolia visa at Mongolia consulate at Irkutsk?
      I've read related infomation on LP, just wanna make sure.

Thanks for your replay in advance!!

Best,
      Martha

1 Answer Aug 8, 2006 at 8:11 PM