Irkutsk Travel Answers

change location

Irkutsk at 2am... what to do? help!

by AndrewFraser Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Hello.

I'm getting the train across to Ulan Bator, and get into Urkutsk at 2.32am. I only have that day and the next day there, before getting the train on. (Don't ask... visa mess up).

Can anyone give me advice on what to do - is there somewhere I should stay in Irkutsk at that time cheaply for a few hours? Or is there a way to make my way directly to Listvyanka... and any recommendations on where to stay?

Thank you so much. It probably looks like I'm being lazy. But I've done lots of looking into this and figure I can work something out. But given my limited time, it seemed wisest to ask the experts for a recommendation!

Thanks again,
Andy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Irkutsk at 2am... what to do? help!

by hawkhead Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM

If you type in Irkitsk into the 'destinations' section at the top right of the page, you then should click on 'places to stay' or 'hotels'. There seem to be quite a few but whether they will welcome yhou at 2.32am, I have no idea - worth asking! I like the sound of Helen's Homestay. Seems to me that if you only have a a couple of days there, what you are really looking for is somewhere safe for your backpack to lodge, and for you to have a few hours kip as and when.

waytorussia.net/Siberia/Irku... is quite interesting for general info and the fact that it seems to cost very little to take a taxi to Listvyanka......

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Irkutsk at 2am... what to do? help!

by hawkhead Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Further searching brings up VT members called Hotboy_san who lives in Irkutsk.
    Irkutsk Hotel Tips by Hotboy_san will bring you to his hotel tips pages. Or you could find him on VT Mmembers (click the 'meet members' at the top of the site page, then type in Hotboy_san) and look at all his tips for Irkutsk and you could also email him using the 'email me' link under his picture.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines