Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rienne's Profile Photo

Backpacking Group tour operator for Central Asia

Kyrgyzstan Apr 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hey guys

I am planning to visit the Central Asia this summer (probably Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan) and was looking for a tour operator that offers backpacking tours for groups (i.e. for individuals to travel together, and not for already existing groups that plan a trip together).

I have traveled like this before and loved the spirit of the group of like-minded travelers from all over the world that I shared my experiences with as well as the fact that I could enjoy the trip, instead of wasting my time organizing accomodation or transportation (so please don't come up with the recommendation that I should travel there on my own ;)).

I am 25 years old and looking for a tour where people are around my age. The trip should be a broad mixture of activities and should visit the big cities as well as some hidden spots.

Has anyone already done a trip like this or can suggest any operators that provide such group tours?

I am thankful for any advice!

more
    • henri123's Profile Photo

return to normal after olympics?

by henri123 Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Please tell me if this pass is open for foreigners, arriving from Kashgar or arriving from osh?
      local direct minibus are driving mostly during night time.
      In order to enjoy the mountain scenery, which way is the best... from osh to kashgar or kashgar to osh?
      thanks

• Which one is better Irkestam or Torugart Pass

by jonntexas Online Now Mar 6, 2005 at 8:12 PM

From Bishkek, I want to visit Kashgar, China for one week or so. Would it be better to go through the Torugart Pass to Kashgar or through the Irkeshtam Pass in Osh?

I heard that the Torugart does not always allow foreigners through, is that true? What are the necessary papers?

However, I was planning on buying a round trip flight about90 from Bishkek to Osh, from Osh to Kashgar through the Irkeshtam and then back and fly back from Osh to Bishkek.

Any other alternatives to get to Kashgar cheaply and safely??

thanks,

JC

1 Answer Apr 28, 2005 at 11:39 PM