Travel Answers
Iraq

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Claus_Qvist's Profile Photo

Transport and places to stay in Rawandoz, Soran and other?

Rawandoz Apr 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Is there any hotels/hostels up along the Hamilton Road? In Rawandoz? Shaqlawa? Soran? Tere seems to be a couple of options for millionaires, however, is there and budget places to stay?

And how to get up there from Erbil? Hiring a taxi for the day from Erbil is certainly possible but rather expensive.

Thanks
      Claus Qvist Jessen
      Denmark

more
    • Claus_Qvist's Profile Photo

Transport and places to stay in Rawandoz, Soran and other?

Rawandoz Apr 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Is there any hotels/hostels up along the Hamilton Road? In Rawandoz? Shaqlawa? Soran? Tere seems to be a couple of options for millionaires, however, is there and budget places to stay?

And how to get up there from Erbil? Hiring a taxi for the day from Erbil is certainly possible but rather expensive.

Thanks
      Claus Qvist Jessen
      Denmark

• activities in Erbil city, Iraq

Arbil Feb 25, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Whats possibly to be done on regular weekdays or weekends in Erbil ? any outdoor activities ? places to visit other than shopping malls ?

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Car Rent in Erbil

Arbil Feb 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Looking for Ford Mustang or Chevrolet Camaro to rent for a day. Any info?

• Where can i go

Iraq Dec 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Hey there,
      I'm going to Erbil in 3 days and i was wondering if my visa would be just for Erbil or i can visit Karbala and Basra for example... I just want to know if am only able to stay in Erbil or i can go anywhere in Iraq ?!....

2 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    • historical place

As Sulaymaniyah Dec 22, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Dear sir/madams,
      I ve read many books which talk about old rock tombs in sulaymanineh.The most famous is known as qyzqapan (قیزقاپان) but there must be another tomb just near quzqapan known as kork-kich (کورخ کیچ). I ruined google but i have not found any tiny pic or article about this place. will be glad to have some pic and info. I will share all photoes soon in my personal page.
      thnx
      shahin

3 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • goshtasb's Profile Photo

hotels in erbil

Iraq Dec 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM

i want to go a hotel in erbil, with good quality and also cheap price.
      where do you suggest me?

8 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    • about dohuk

Dahuk Oct 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM

what is the special thing about duhok ?

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • What is rent of a room if we live in Sulaymaniyah?

As Sulaymaniyah Oct 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Hello,
      I will be coming to Iraq, Sulaymaniyah in Oct 2013. I wanted to ask about rent of a room in Sulaymaniyah? and Taxi prices?

Thanks

3 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    • Karbala, tourist guide

Karbala' Jul 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I, am looking for an english speaking tourist guide in karbala .

• Turkish hamam

Arbil Jun 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Hi everybody!

I wonder if there are any functioning turkish hamams in Erbil with a full service such as oil massage, body scrub and etc.

Thanks,
      Explorer107

3 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • Buses back to turkey

Iraq May 17, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Hello

I am interested in visiting erbil in the coming months. I know about buses that eave istanbul on Mondays and Wednesday that takes 30 hours to get to erbil.

So I was wondering what days do buses leave erbil for istanbul or should. Just get a bus into the centre of turkey and then a bus to istanbul.

I know there are fights from either istanbul or Ankara but they,re very expensive

4 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • does anyone travelling to basra iraq in the next week/monthes ?

Iraq Mar 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM

i need a personal favour and i'm willing to pay for it
      i need a photograph of the house that my father lived in until 1951.
      i have the exact address. i want to give him this as a present for his birthday.
      if anyone can help, please contact me at avinadav9@yahoo.com
      many thanks !

2 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    • DO I NEED A VISA FOR TWO WEEKS

Iraq Feb 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM

hi im going to kurdistan with my husband and children.Was wondering if i need a visa because staying for two weeks on a one way ticket.

1 Answer Feb 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    • nagmashaikh7's Profile Photo

shopping

Baghdad Feb 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Hi,I am staying in India. Can I purchase a gift hamper from the shop of Baghdad and get it delivered in the same city on valentine's day? If yes,can I get the necessary information.

• shapesharp's Profile Photo

Is it safe to visit Erbil now!? Urgent

Arbil Nov 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hi, I am a Chinese; I plan to get a visa at Tehran, Iran and to visit Erbil next week. It would be much appreciated if anyone could give me more advice and confirmation for the situation there!

Many Thanks for your answers!

4 Answers Nov 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    • Cafes and coffee drinks in Iraq

Baghdad Nov 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Hi, I would like to find out about the 'coffee culture' in Iraq. Are there many cafes? Do people living in larger cities (eg Baghdad, Erbil, Barsa) tend to go out and have a cup of coffee, and usually what time of the day? (working days or weekends?). What kind of coffee types do Iraqis prefer (tranditional or latte, espresso, capuccino etc)? Any comments or insight would be highly appreciated!
      Thank you!

5 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
    • Sulemanyi to Najaf

Iraq Aug 29, 2012 at 4:44 AM

Hi, I am going to Sulemanyi Kurdistan and would like to go for pilgrimage to Najaf and Karbala,I have a British Passport and know that I can get a Iraqi Kurdish Visa at the airport,however will I need a separate Iraqi visa to fly from Sulemanyi to Al Najaf and secondly will I be allowed to go ????

3 Answers Sep 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    • air services

Arbil Aug 7, 2012 at 7:08 AM

is there any direct air service from India to erbil kurdistan?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Kurdistan - war zone?

Iraq Jun 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I'm visiting Kurdistan for several days on business. Is it (or the rest of Iraq) considered a "war zone" and therefore possibly considered exempt from coverage under my life or health insurance policies?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    • Hotek Recommendation

Baghdad Mar 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I am a solo traveler going to baghdad for 3 days in March. Can anyone recommend a few hotel websites I can reserve a room on-line. Did not have much luck through an internet search. Thanks

1 Answer Mar 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Erbil on a Friday?

Muhafazat Arbil Mar 3, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Hi all,

I'm flying into Erbil on Friday 23 March (10am) before starting a tour on the Saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do on the Friday? I have a feeling that the city will close pretty much all day for prayers. Happy to be proved wrong!

Not sure which hotel I'll be staying at yet but it will be something central.

Thanks,

Nat

3 Answers Mar 3, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • money distrubutors in iraq kurdistan

Muhafazat Dahuk Jul 24, 2011 at 10:01 AM

are there atm machines/moneydistributors- in dahuk-zakho/arbil?

1 Answer Aug 28, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    • zakho hotels

Zakho Jul 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM

i heard that an hotelsadress must be given in silopi-Zakho in order to acquire a visa for enterning iraq. What is the adres o #hotel Jamal#

wa

2 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 4:07 AM
    • Education programs for young children

As Sulaymaniyah Jul 11, 2011 at 3:14 PM

My husband got a job in Sulaymaniyah but I chose to stay in Canada because I am not sure if there are programs available to help children who have speech delays/physical delays etc. My 4 year old daughter had a severe speech delay and spent two years in an special education progam. She has now been declared to have no delays and is going to regular kindergarten but it is possible it may come back during kindergarten and up. My question is are these programs (called Early Intervention in Canada) available in Sulaymaniyah to help her if her speech delay comes back?

2 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM
    • fkhambaty's Profile Photo

TRANSPORT INFORMATION

Karbala' May 19, 2011 at 4:58 AM

I NEED SOME INFORMATION REGARDING BUS TRANSPORT IN IRAQ IS THERE ANY PROPER BUS STATION NEAR KARBALA NAJAF TO GO TO ZARBATYA BORDER INTO IRAN HOW MUCH IT WILL COST PER PERSON IN IRQ DINAR.THNK U

• Visiting Erbil & Sulimeniah

Arbil Feb 3, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Hi, ANy hints on night life in both places & is it safe to stay late alone...

3 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    • bus from arbil to istanbul

Arbil Jan 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM

hi
      i want to travel from erbil to istanbul by bus. I wish to know how i can found informations about companies who make this trip, days for departure, location of departure, arrival in istanbul-hour and location, price and make a reservation.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2011 at 11:10 PM
    • Sulaymaniyah Iraq

As Sulaymaniyah Oct 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Im off on business on business to Sulaymaniyah for a few days. Does anyone know how safe it is over there for westerners? any advise would be great ....

Many thanks

Wes

4 Answers Nov 5, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    • iraq

Iraq Sep 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM

i'm in indonesia. how the easy way to go to sulamani,kurdishtan?
      the flight, visas etc. tks

1 Answer Sep 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    • yoda9999's Profile Photo

Does Al Mansour Hotel have any internet access?

Baghdad Aug 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Please let me know if Al Mansour Hotel has internet access of any kind. Wired, wireless, etc. Is the internet in the rooms, lobby or a business center? Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2010 at 11:57 PM