change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel from Iran

Iran Dec 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hello all,
      Can You please help me find travel agencies located in Iran for worldwide travelling?
      Thanks

more
    • bklindeman's Profile Photo

Visa for Qeshm

Qeshm Dec 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Is Qeshm like Kish Island (visa upon arrival) even for US citizens? We are planning a trip there in January/February. Also, how do we find air tickets to Qeshm from UAE?
      Thanks!
      KLinde

more
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Itinerary suggestion

Iran Nov 24, 2014 at 4:43 AM

I woud like to spend 8 days in Iran. Overland trip should touch for sure Esfahan and Shiraz. Tehran is not so important but international flight will arrive and leave from there. Considering that we would not want to take internal flights, what itinerary would you suggest?

more
    • bklindeman's Profile Photo

Visa for Qeshm

Qeshm Dec 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Is Qeshm like Kish Island (visa upon arrival) even for US citizens? We are planning a trip there in January/February. Also, how do we find air tickets to Qeshm from UAE?
      Thanks!
      KLinde

3 Answers Dec 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM
    • Travel from Iran

Iran Dec 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hello all,
      Can You please help me find travel agencies located in Iran for worldwide travelling?
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 12, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Itinerary suggestion

Iran Nov 24, 2014 at 4:43 AM

I woud like to spend 8 days in Iran. Overland trip should touch for sure Esfahan and Shiraz. Tehran is not so important but international flight will arrive and leave from there. Considering that we would not want to take internal flights, what itinerary would you suggest?

6 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • rupturedduck's Profile Photo

US citizens going to iran?

Iran Nov 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM

has anything changed? can an American get a visa to visit Iran? or does he need to be on a guided tour ? I will be in Cairo and would like to visit Iran for a week or two. thanks

4 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • from Tabriz to Yerevan

Tabriz Nov 11, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I want to go from Tabriz to Yerevan. Where to take a bus ? How much time is needed?

3 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • ConnieLynn's Profile Photo

Tour to Iran, March 1-14, 2015

Iran Nov 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I am an American wishing to visit Iran this coming Spring. I need to be either part of a group tour or hire a private guide. I am trying to organize a group of 15 interesting women and maybe a few men ;-) to experience the historic and cultural riches of this ancient land. This tour can also be extended or customized to include sites not part of the initial itinerary.

Is anyone interested in seeing Iran this Spring?

8 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • From Turkey to Turkmenistan (American)

Iran Nov 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi all,

I'm currently planning a round the world trip, and I'd love to go from Turkey to Turkmenistan via Iran, preferably using the Trans Asia Express from Istanbul and out of Iran via Mashhad > Ashgabat. Does anyone know of a tour agency that can help me make this (rather impractical, I know) dream come true? Thanks!

7 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

The rock of Behistun

Iran Oct 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM

We are thinking visiting Iran next September, I know is bit distant future, but we started looking into places to visit and te natively plan two weeks holiday. There is a million of places I want to see and Iran is such a was country.
      As I am avid amateur historian, I have always been interested about the Sir Henry Rawlinson achievements in discephering the cuneiform letters and as such the Rock of Behistun is place to see.
      Now my question is how feasible is to do it your self or you need to find a tour group to do it. It is in W.Iran close to the Iraq border so bit worried about the safety issue.
      Also do we need permission from the Ministry of interior for this visit if so how far in advance we have to submit our proposed internary?
      Any info highly appriciated
      Thank you

6 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

incoming travel agency

Iran Oct 18, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Does somebody know a reliable travel agency that organises overland tours ? I don't want to tale part in a gorup tour but contact someone and plan an itenerary ad hoc. I tried to contact som e tour operators online but did not get any answer. A private driver could be good as well.

3 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • General Questions

Iran Oct 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hello, I am a US citizen and my husband is a Danish citizen. I am trying to arrange travel to Shiraz Iran for 5 days in early March. I am trying to pick a agency this week and then start the visa process. I have a few questions.
      1.) Are there any Americans on this forum that have recently traveled to Iran? Did you love it? Did you feel safe? What travel company did you use?
      2.) How long did the visa process take in total? Did you buy your tickets before the visa came through? I have heard it can take 10-14 weeks total and I don't want to wait that long and risk ticket prices increasing.
      3.) Any other pertinent information you can think of for me? I know Iran is not a common place for an American. It has been one of my travel dreams to see Persepolis.

4 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Dual passports

Tehran Sep 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I have a british passport in my married name and an iranian passport in my maiden name, im travelling to Iran soon, will this be a problem? My marriage is registered in Britain but not in Iran, will my iranian passport still be valid with my maiden name? Also im stopping in turkey, will it be problematic there as well?
      Im going to be bringing my marriage certificate with me but am not sure it is enough...

5 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM
    • taking my dog to iran

Iran Aug 21, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Hey

I am planning to travel to Iran by car, but i was wondering wether it is possible to take my dog with me. I don't want him to be taken at the iranian border!

Thanks

6 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • two different names

Iran Aug 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Hello. I am hoping to to Iran after 17 years. I recently married an English man and took his surname, I cannot change my name on my Iranian passport. Now I wonder which name to book my tickets under and if it would cause any trouble

5 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • travel in Iran by car

Tehran Jul 23, 2014 at 5:54 AM

I plan to travel in Iran by own car, but in few Iranian agencies told me that we must have guide with us during all the trip, because of some new rules of Foreign Ministry. Only one agency didnt mentioned this. Unfortunately couldnt ask in MFA , because nobody answered the call. Any experience or advice about this? Thanks

8 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • osgatos's Profile Photo

I want to visit some local schools and talk with the kids there. Is it possible?

Tehran Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

If I want to visit local schools, where can I get the permission?

6 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    • Orumiyeh to Arbil

Orumiyeh Jun 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Hello,

I'm planning to travel through Iran and Irak later this year.
      I'm planning to travel from Orumiyeh to Arbil through the piransahr/Haji Omaran border crossing.
      Would this be a problem? Anyone did this before? Anything i should know about it?

Any advice is welcome! :-)

greetings from belgium,

Lars

2 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • BHASKOIM's Profile Photo

KASHMIR TOUR TO BIKE

Kashmar Jun 19, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I PLANNED JAMMU TO KASHMIR, LEH LADAKH TOUR IN MY BAJAJ XCD 125 BIKE. CAN I TRAVEL TO BIKE IN KASHMIR

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Iran in august

Iran Jun 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hi ,
      month ago my hubby and i bought tickets to Iran,we will be there from 27.7 till 98.2014 ,we r planning to go this route :Tehran,Shiraz,Persopolis,Yazd,Esfahan.it s our dream to visit all those wonderful places,to meet new people and taste food.
      We r worried now cause of the situation in Iraq,do you think this situation can affect Iran,so i would like to know what Iranians who live there thinks,is it safe?
      We r coming from Croatia.
      Thank you in advance

11 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Arriving late a night with a lot of money..

Iran Jun 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I am arriving late at night in Tehran at the train station (from turkey) and i'll be carrying a lot of cash (i will stay in iran for 6 months). The train is scheduled to arrive at around 9 pm, but it is usually hours delayed, so i might arrive in tehran in the middle of the night. I am a solo female traveller. Any tips? is it safe to take a (official) taxi to a hotel? any hotel advice? I can imagine that thugs are aware that travellers are carrying a lot of cash as there is no other way to get money in iran. advice is much appreciated!

2 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • Public transport to Imam Khomeini Airport

Tehran Apr 30, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi all!

How can I get to the airport by bus, Metro, or both from city centre?

Thanks,

3 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    • nasim1985's Profile Photo

Iran -Tehran visit

Iran Apr 30, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Do you like to see Iran - Tehran ? did you see this place and another Iran's cities ?

i would like to help you , if you like to travel to Iran ,
      feel free and call me : (+98) 09385246534 :)
      rental car - leader - rent home :)
      hope enjoy of my mother's land

9 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    • Traveling as Iranian wife/American husband

Iran Apr 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I'm Iranian born and dual citizen of Iran and USA. My husband is American Jewish. I'm Muslim. We are both non-practicing. We would love to travel to Iran together. I still have some family there. My husband has not "converted" to Islam for Iranian government purposes. Is there any way we can visit Iran without getting into any problems there? It really saddens me that I can't visit my birthplace with my husband and my children.

8 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • Visa Trouble

Iran Apr 22, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Hi, I'm am a UK citizen and I've been trying to obtain a visa for Iran. I applied to get my visa authorization number through iranianvisa.com (tour operator) I paid double to have this rushed through approx 5 days, however 2 months on and still no number?? I was told this was being delayed because of the Iranian New Year and then the fact UK citizens needed a guide. However even though I have arranged my own guide, I am now being told by iranianvisa.com that I have to wait 90 days for an approved authorised guide. Meaning it would have taken min 5 months to get my authorisation number off the MFA in Iran. Are any other UK citizens having this much trouble obtaining a visa authorisation number?? I don't know whether this is down to the MFA or the tour operator for the problems I'm having. Many Thanks Syed.

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • Recipes of iran

Esfahan Apr 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM

What is some recipes in iran that are great dishes ?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • iam looking for a assyrian guide in iran

Iran Apr 14, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Hello iam assyrian from iran and i want to have a guide, to guide me in the town of urmia or tabriz.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • Train services from Rasht to Tabriz??

Tabriz Apr 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Please advise if there is direct train services from Rasht to Tabriz. If not, how can I go about travelling on train from Rasht to Tabriz.
      Or any direct busa services running between two cities.
      Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    • my husband will not allowed

Tehran Mar 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Hi i came here in Iran with my Iranian husband and son.
      My visa is touris,now i dont want to stay more longer i want to go back to my country ( Philippines )
      But my husband will not allowed me to bring my son his only 2years old
      And worse the immigration got my son passport so he has no passport now.
      Does it possible to bring him without passport?
      I dont speak farsi.please i need advise

9 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • SomayehB's Profile Photo

travel to Iran

Khaneh-ye Iran Mar 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM

hello every body
      i come from Iran. i am looking for people who have traveled to iran. please if you have traveled or if you know someone who has traveledm send me a message or send me an email. (somayehbahrameian@gmail.com). thanks alot

2 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Saffron in Teheran

Tehran Mar 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Where is the best place to buy saffron in Teheran and how much should I pay?

4 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    • Single gay man traveling through Iran

Iran Mar 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I am a single gay man planning to travel to Iran, Jordan, and Lebanon next month. I am NOT flamboyant, nor do I advertise my sexuality. But I am also looking to experience the discreet gay scene while traveling through these countries. Is there an open-minded tour guide in Iran that will guide me through the country? I would like to visit Tehran, Eshafan, and Shiraz. Any advice is highly appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 6:02 AM