Travel Answers
Iran

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• osgatos's Profile Photo

I want to visit some local schools and talk with the kids there. Is it possible?

Tehran Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

If I want to visit local schools, where can I get the permission?

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • Orumiyeh to Arbil

Orumiyeh Jun 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Hello,

I'm planning to travel through Iran and Irak later this year.
      I'm planning to travel from Orumiyeh to Arbil through the piransahr/Haji Omaran border crossing.
      Would this be a problem? Anyone did this before? Anything i should know about it?

Any advice is welcome! :-)

greetings from belgium,

Lars

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • BHASKOIM's Profile Photo

KASHMIR TOUR TO BIKE

Kashmar Jun 19, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I PLANNED JAMMU TO KASHMIR, LEH LADAKH TOUR IN MY BAJAJ XCD 125 BIKE. CAN I TRAVEL TO BIKE IN KASHMIR

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Iran in august

Iran Jun 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hi ,
      month ago my hubby and i bought tickets to Iran,we will be there from 27.7 till 98.2014 ,we r planning to go this route :Tehran,Shiraz,Persopolis,Yazd,Esfahan.it s our dream to visit all those wonderful places,to meet new people and taste food.
      We r worried now cause of the situation in Iraq,do you think this situation can affect Iran,so i would like to know what Iranians who live there thinks,is it safe?
      We r coming from Croatia.
      Thank you in advance

10 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 4:05 AM
    • Arriving late a night with a lot of money..

Iran Jun 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I am arriving late at night in Tehran at the train station (from turkey) and i'll be carrying a lot of cash (i will stay in iran for 6 months). The train is scheduled to arrive at around 9 pm, but it is usually hours delayed, so i might arrive in tehran in the middle of the night. I am a solo female traveller. Any tips? is it safe to take a (official) taxi to a hotel? any hotel advice? I can imagine that thugs are aware that travellers are carrying a lot of cash as there is no other way to get money in iran. advice is much appreciated!

2 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • Public transport to Imam Khomeini Airport

Tehran Apr 30, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi all!

How can I get to the airport by bus, Metro, or both from city centre?

Thanks,

3 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    • nasim1985's Profile Photo

Iran -Tehran visit

Iran Apr 30, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Do you like to see Iran - Tehran ? did you see this place and another Iran's cities ?

i would like to help you , if you like to travel to Iran ,
      feel free and call me : (+98) 09385246534 :)
      rental car - leader - rent home :)
      hope enjoy of my mother's land

9 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    • Traveling as Iranian wife/American husband

Iran Apr 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I'm Iranian born and dual citizen of Iran and USA. My husband is American Jewish. I'm Muslim. We are both non-practicing. We would love to travel to Iran together. I still have some family there. My husband has not "converted" to Islam for Iranian government purposes. Is there any way we can visit Iran without getting into any problems there? It really saddens me that I can't visit my birthplace with my husband and my children.

8 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • Visa Trouble

Iran Apr 22, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Hi, I'm am a UK citizen and I've been trying to obtain a visa for Iran. I applied to get my visa authorization number through iranianvisa.com (tour operator) I paid double to have this rushed through approx 5 days, however 2 months on and still no number?? I was told this was being delayed because of the Iranian New Year and then the fact UK citizens needed a guide. However even though I have arranged my own guide, I am now being told by iranianvisa.com that I have to wait 90 days for an approved authorised guide. Meaning it would have taken min 5 months to get my authorisation number off the MFA in Iran. Are any other UK citizens having this much trouble obtaining a visa authorisation number?? I don't know whether this is down to the MFA or the tour operator for the problems I'm having. Many Thanks Syed.

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • Recipes of iran

Esfahan Apr 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM

What is some recipes in iran that are great dishes ?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • iam looking for a assyrian guide in iran

Iran Apr 14, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Hello iam assyrian from iran and i want to have a guide, to guide me in the town of urmia or tabriz.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • Train services from Rasht to Tabriz??

Tabriz Apr 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Please advise if there is direct train services from Rasht to Tabriz. If not, how can I go about travelling on train from Rasht to Tabriz.
      Or any direct busa services running between two cities.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • my husband will not allowed

Tehran Mar 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Hi i came here in Iran with my Iranian husband and son.
      My visa is touris,now i dont want to stay more longer i want to go back to my country ( Philippines )
      But my husband will not allowed me to bring my son his only 2years old
      And worse the immigration got my son passport so he has no passport now.
      Does it possible to bring him without passport?
      I dont speak farsi.please i need advise

8 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM
    • SomayehB's Profile Photo

travel to Iran

Khaneh-ye Iran Mar 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM

hello every body
      i come from Iran. i am looking for people who have traveled to iran. please if you have traveled or if you know someone who has traveledm send me a message or send me an email. (somayehbahrameian@gmail.com). thanks alot

2 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Saffron in Teheran

Tehran Mar 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Where is the best place to buy saffron in Teheran and how much should I pay?

3 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • Single gay man traveling through Iran

Iran Mar 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I am a single gay man planning to travel to Iran, Jordan, and Lebanon next month. I am NOT flamboyant, nor do I advertise my sexuality. But I am also looking to experience the discreet gay scene while traveling through these countries. Is there an open-minded tour guide in Iran that will guide me through the country? I would like to visit Tehran, Eshafan, and Shiraz. Any advice is highly appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 6:02 AM
    • Travelbug2578's Profile Photo

Is it safe

Tehran Mar 14, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Hello I'm from Australia I wanting to learn farsi in Iran for one year is this possible ?
      Any information about everything if anyone can help
      Thank you

20 Answers May 1, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • Travel to Iran

Tehran Mar 14, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Hello, I have recently applied for a visa no from the MFA in Iran. I've been informed through a tour operator that the MFA have announced that UK and Canadian citizens must now be accompanied by an authorised guide. Is this true?

7 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Woman clothing

Iran Mar 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I am a woman going with a group to Iran in April and I would like to know about dress code. I kniw I need to cover my head outside but what about in the hotels at dinner and breakfast etc. And can I wear sandals? It seems leke things are less strict than before, is this correct?

Thanks for all info.

Henriette

5 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • do do not

Tehran Mar 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM

have you got to wear a scarf on your head at all times in Tehran as i want to visit and i am a female British

5 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • sukalejong's Profile Photo

Train from Tabriz to Van

Iran Feb 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Hello,
      I am making my itinerary for my vacation to Iran-Turkey, and I plan to take train from Tabriz (Iran) to Van (Turkey).
      However I got conflicting information about the schedule of the train. Some sites said the train only run on Tuesday and Saturday, but some other sites tell the train run every day. Anybody can help me with the information about this train?
      Thank you in advance for your help
      Cheers
      Ingka

• nmvaladanzouj's Profile Photo

Can I bring my children if I am unmarried?

Tehran Feb 11, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I am a dual US and Iranian citizen. My father is from Shiraz, and hence I am a citizen; I even attended school at the Tehran International School. But I have a 2.5 year old son, and a 1.5 year old daughter that I want to bring with me on my next trip to Iran. Their father and I are an unmarried couple, and I know that I would have to file for visas for them to go to Iran. But my question is, can I bring them along even though I am not married? Even my father thinks it could be problematic.

12 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • Travel agency

Iran Feb 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Does anybody Know iranpersia tour?

3 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • mggm59's Profile Photo

Visiting Mosques and other religious shrines

Iran Jan 19, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Are non muslims allowed to visit (with appropriate dress code)?

3 Answers Yesterday
    • mggm59's Profile Photo

Communication from Iran

Iran Jan 16, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Hallo

we would like to go to Iran, but we need to be in contact with the family due to potential problems there. What is the price of a GSM card and of calls to Europe? Is Skype an easy option (how's internet? Is censorship making it difficult to stay in touch)?

Also, we are used to drive around by ourself, are there good maps for the iPhone or Android navigators? Are hotels reservable by internet on the move?

THanks

Maurizio

6 Answers Yesterday
    • credit cards etc.

Iran Dec 19, 2013 at 2:20 AM

is it already possible to pay with credit cards (hotels, restaurants, shops, airport etc.) in Iran?
      Or have you still to take all your cash with you?

Thanks

5 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Canadians applying for Iranian visas

Iran Dec 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hi. I am interested in hearing from Canadians about any recent (ie. last 12 months) experience they have had in applying for an Iranian visa. Were you accepted or rejected ? And were to applying to travel on your own, or with a group tour ? I'm trying to gauge whether Canadians are usually accepted or rejected, and if that acceptance or rejection is based on whether they are applying for individual travel or group travel.

1 Answer Yesterday
    • MoixP's Profile Photo

are vpns illegal in Iran

Iran Dec 2, 2013 at 4:23 AM

I wanted to know whether vpns are illegal to use or not. Because i kn

5 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 12:56 AM
    • KrisS154's Profile Photo

Crossing Iran on foot/advice please

Iran Nov 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Hi,

I'm planning a trek across Iran from north west to south east. Entering Iran from Kurdistan and exiting south east via Pakistan. I'll be going on foot and walk from town to town. Can anyone advice on what to do and what not to do?

Greetz, Kris

9 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • Visa for Iran

Iran Nov 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Hi,

I'm located in Montreal Canada and hoping to visit Iran for 3-4 weeks for solo back-pack style tourism in early 2014. Can anyone advise the best way to get a visa? I have a few iranian friends who can refer contacts in Iran but no one who can help me with the visa. Perhaps a European based agency could provide this service?

Thank you.

5 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 5:45 AM