Iran Travel Answers

change location
68maciek's Profile Photo

Iran in July/August- climate?

by 68maciek Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Sobh bexeyr,

I see the chance to buy the relatively cheap plane tickets in July/August to Teheran. My first concern is the climate- I don't like temperature above 25C-30C. Sightseeing is almost impossible in such weather conditions for me. Hence would it be wise to plan a trip in this season of the year? I'm constrained by school holidays period.

Mersi,

Maciek

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Iran in July/August- climate?

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Temperatures would be over 30, probably nearer 40.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PetraSun's Profile Photo

by PetraSun Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I've been to Iran twice in August. It was a lot hotter than 30C so if you can't tolerate that sort of heat then it would be wise to avoid going in those months.

It's a wonderful country with fantastic people so hopefully you'll get a chance to go at a more suitable time of year.

2 members found this helpful

• sarahshm's Profile Photo

by sarahshm Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Yes, August is usually more than 30C in tehran... but a more important issue would be Ramadan (July 10th -August 9th )... You'd better plan to be here before or after Ramadan... because during Ramadan, it wouldnt be fun, going around, cuz u cant eat or drink easily and most of the restaurants are closed during the day. And in my opinion ofcourse the best time to visit Iran is spring...in April,May and June.

1 member found this helpful

• 68maciek's Profile Photo

by 68maciek Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM

@sarahshm. Thank you.So, the alternative could be coming in winter (January or February when our children have a school break). Hopefully there will be still some good prices from Lviv by Pegasus.
    I don't know exactly when, but I'm certain that I'd like to see friendly (but in the same time a bit different) Iran.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• sarahshm's Profile Photo

by sarahshm Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM

You're welcome :)
    Yeah...winter might be a good idea too although it's not "green" in most cities but of course has its own charms. I hope u can make it and really enjoy ur trip to Iran ;)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iran Travel Answer Locations