Iran Travel Answers

change location

safety to Iran?

by zubaone Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Hello - I have my visa to Iran (US citizen) but my wife won't let me go now because she is worried about safety. Is this a legitimate concern? I would be by myself, but would have a guide the whole time.

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • Re: safety to Iran?

by JOECOOL131 Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 10:20 AM

How can she stop you from going? Is it so simple that she can just say no, and you don't go?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Doctor38's Profile Photo

Re: safety to Iran?

by Doctor38 Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Man, don't worry. It is very safe. Go ahead with your plans. You'll be much more safer than any where in NJ.

Enjoy

by venoquine Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi, being a woman , travelling as a tourist alone or for my job , I never met any danger in Iran.
    Be cool!

• grets's Profile Photo

by grets Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Iran has to be one of the safest places I have ever been, so from a danger point of view, you have nothing to worry about.

I think you might have more to worry about the state of your marriage if you go against your wife's wishes....

by JOECOOL131 Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 1:22 PM

LOL! good point Grets!

• suvanki's Profile Photo

by suvanki Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Echoing other Vters re safety of Iran-I went there as a solo English female, with male guides throughout my 19 days- one of the best trips ever (and the safest/ hassle free)!
    What is it that your wife is afraid of in particular- the fact that you are wanting to travel to Iran, or that you are going there without her? Is she afraid if you visit other US cities etc.?
    If it's just that you're going to Iran-why not let her see VTers pages on Iran to see their comments.
    There were quite a few US citizens in Iran when I was there-last May/June.

The Iranian people are very warm, friendly and welcoming, and also proud of their country/ culture and heritage.

Good Luck with your decision!
    Best Wishes
    Sue

by azadeh Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I think you should listen to Grets instead of your wife LOL
    Just think about it, as much as the media wants to portray Iran as one of the dangers in the world, you still can not find a single terrorist activity took place by an Iranian!(I am talking about the facts not the assumptions). It’s very unlikely that something can actually happen to you. I am originally Iranian and my husband is American we went to Iran two years ago and it was totally fine, only in the airport they might ask you some really simple routine questions., so they can send a message to American government that we question your citizens in the airports too! Just have the Swiss embassy's phone number and address on you just in case something happened.
    Iranians actually like Americans a lot! You will be surprised

• Behi's Profile Photo

by Behi Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM

As an Iranian I promise there is no Danger here
    Come & enjoy Iran

• Mel_H's Profile Photo

by Mel_H Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 4:00 AM

I travel often to Iran by myself and there is no reason to be concerned about safety unless it`s in times of political turmoil which should be avoided anywhere not just in iran however i can understand her concern given ancient history (seige of US embassy/ hostages during the Carter era ).
    Enjoy your trip .

• travelinxs's Profile Photo

by travelinxs Online Now Jan 15, 2009 at 3:01 AM

I left Iran a few days ago after 2 months cycling across it and being a Brit would be in a similar situation to yourself. Iran now proundly enters my Top 3 Safest Countries Of The World. As long as you dont hire a car perhaps! The driving is a bit wierd. And I was frequently wild camping, staying in6 hotel rooms etc. Honestly, it is so much safer there than my little rural village in England! The only question mark is the Baluchistan area along the Pakistan / Afghan border which you would only ever go near if crossing to Pakistan as there is nothing to see east of Bam. I hope you get the chance to go.
    Cheers.

by amiriniran Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 5:33 AM

Hi,

Please tell me how you got visa for Iran! Are you coming here as journalist, academician, or just a tourist. Bye. Amir

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iran Travel Answer Locations