Iquitos Travel Answers

change location
nevdelap's Profile Photo

Anyone going to Iquitos in the next week...?

by nevdelap Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Hi there! I'm heading to Iquitos in the next few days and I'm wondering if anyone wants to meet up to travel together, or just to hang out? Right now I'm in Arequipa, and either tomorrow or Tuesday I'll get a bus to Lima, and then hopefully the day after I arrive I'll get a flight to Iquitos. I'm a 36 year old Australian guy, have been in Latin America for two years, and will spend I don't know how much time in and around Iquitos (depends on how much I like it!) before heading down river into Brazil for the next six months. Let me know if our plans match up at all.
Cheers, Nev

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jgray168's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone going to Iquitos in the next week...?

by Jgray168 Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Hey there, I am actually going there in a few weeks, so any advice on places you stayed would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great time :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Anyone going to Iquitos in the next week...?

by cassiovieggore Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 4:11 AM

I am considering you are talkative in my language (portuguese).
    Se voce fala e entende bem o portugues imagino ser uma viagem fascinante. Hoje estou velho demais e minha saude depende de remedios que tomo diariamente. Não vejo como ir nesta viagem. Meus filhos e netos tambem absorvem muito tempo e não tem como deixa-los sem meu apoio.
    Entretanto acho que gostaria de ver o mapa em link.

transportes.gov.br/bit/mapas...

Vc deverá entrar no Brasil pelo Rio Javari que logo muda o nome para Rio Solimões. Tem alguns pontos turisticos na Bacia do Amazonas e vou cita-los:
    - Alter do Chão
    - Manaus
    - Obidos
    - Santarem
    - Ilha de Marajó
    - Belem
    Aproveite o Brasil.
    Cassiovieggore

• Re: Anyone going to Iquitos in the next week...?

by rocksinthehead Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

How is it going in Iriquitos? I am traveling through SA from September 26th until around Christmas when I will head to Central America for a further 5 months. I will be with my wife, we are young 60 somethings who like adventure. I am planning on seeing Iriquitos but one source advises that the malaria is bad, what is the real story from someone on the ground or will be soon? If you like I can let you know my plans and you may want to give me some advice through your vast experience and knowledge of SA. I live in Port Lincoln South Australia.

Chris Stone.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines