Iquitos Travel Answers

change location
Texas_Phil's Profile Photo

Iquitos in June

by Texas_Phil Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Will anyone be in Iquitos in June? I am planning to be there for at least a week sometime between June 11-26. I've went 5-6 times from 2005-2006, but it's been almost 2½ years since my last visit and I am REALLY excited.

My tentative plans are to visit a jungle lodge for 3-4 days (probably Explorama since it was great on my first visit back in May, 2005) and maybe a couple of days in a small village outside of the city or down the river. (Depends on how adventurous I want to get!)

I know the city pretty well and would love to share some of this with anyone who'd like to tag along -- assuming you can stand my great enthusiasm for the place. I'm a high school teacher and plan to hit most of the tourist spots near the city -- Quistococha, Belen, the Butterfly Farm, etc. -- to take videos with my HD camera to show my students. Besides visiting friends, that's the main reason why I'm going.

If anyone wants to meet up and see some sights, I'd be glad to show them around. I am quite comfortable traveling like a local. I'm not looking to be a paid tour guide -- heck, I'll pay for the transportation if we go very far (like Quistococha) -- but since I'll be there for awhile, it would be nice to make some new friends to hang out with.

I absolutely love the city (except for the weather!) and can't wait to be there.

Phil

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • risse73's Profile Photo

Re: Iquitos in June

by risse73 Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your trip & I hope you get some good responses here from fellow VTers. On that note, I would suggest to also post this in the VT meeting section since you'll probably get more visibility there. Good Luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Iquitos in June

by Dgugg Online Now May 8, 2010 at 3:24 AM

hi

i will be their Start: 14 Jun 10
    till say 19th when want to head to Ciudad Bolivar to go on to angle falls, then maybe come back around 26th and get a boat to IQUITO.

Diane - Australia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Iquitos