Iquitos Travel Answers

change location
oceania26's Profile Photo

Lima to Iquitos for the weekend, possible?

by oceania26 Online Now Feb 1, 2005 at 8:03 AM

I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time or really pushing it if I take a weekend trip to Iquitos from Lima. The flight is approximately, 1.5 hours and I only have the weekend...would it be worth going? I would like to experience the Amazon Jungle, but I'm not really into the wildlife, so I don't particularly want to trek in the jungle or observe the wildlife...just want to get the general feel of what it's like there. I was thinking either Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. Suggestions?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Lima to Iquitos for the weekend, possible?

by shicshirabo Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 8:06 PM

Well, the Amazon Jungle has the biggest biodiversity in the world so Iquitos and Puerto Maldonado have their wonder places. But I suggest you come to Iquitos 'coz it's a bigger city and you can get more services. Besides, Iquitos is near to Brazil and Colombia, so you can buy a trip to these countries.
    Is you decide travel to Iquitos, you can get a chep and very beautiful hostal, this is "La Casona" (147A Fitzcarrald St.) that is located in the downtown of Iquitos, this is wonderfual and is the cheapest hostal in the downtown of the city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines