Iowa City Travel Answers

change location
Victoria100's Profile Photo

We are from Russia

by Victoria100 Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 7:50 AM

Me and my husband want to new more about America and to study English language. We can tell much interesting things about Russia. We want to find out people for speaking about America and possible Russia and many different things too. We strenuously study English. Thank you got attention to our message!!!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Vikefan's Profile Photo

Re: We are from Russia

by Vikefan Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 9:46 AM

Hello, My name is Marshall and I live just north of you in Minnesota. I grew up in North Dakota and Montana, so if you would like any advice on what to see, let me know. Also, my Mothers side of the family is origionally from the Odessa region, they mirgrated in 1906. Many Germans from Russia migrated to North Dakota and South Dakota and you will see a lot of the heritage that was brought with them. Back home we called ourselves Russlander Duetsch. If you ever get up to the Minneapolis area, send me an email. Marshall

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Victoria100's Profile Photo

Re: Re: We are from Russia

by Victoria100 Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 11:46 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. We glad to contact with you. We live in the USA 2 monthes. Our English is not well yet but we study English and very want to improve it. Tell about yourself, please.

• hareron's Profile Photo

Privet

by hareron Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 12:38 PM

Privet, I have visited your country and studied russkie. I'll be happy to practice language skills. Harry

• Victoria100's Profile Photo

Re: Privet

by Victoria100 Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 4:44 PM

Hello! It's wonderful!!! But we live in IA so far from you. What do you want to find about Russia? Victoria100

• spartan's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Privet

by spartan Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 6:43 PM

Hi, Welcome to VT and most importantly welcome to the U.S. VT is a great place to meet people from all over the world and you will enjoy life in Iowa. Sincerely, Spartan

• VladimirIL's Profile Photo

by VladimirIL Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 6:59 PM

Hello, My wife came to USA from St Petersburg on 1 Aug 2002. I met her on my 5th [yes!] trip to Russia in Jan 2002. My Russian is very limited but Lena's English is very good--so email us & maybe we can help you in some way? Or maybe you just want someopne to talk to in Russian about her experiences as a fellow immigrant? We have looked for Russians in the Columbus OHIO area [where we live] but have not found many. English IS difficult but it will come if you keep at it. Best wishes & good luck, Perry & Lena

• jodssmile's Profile Photo

by jodssmile Online Now Sep 24, 2004 at 10:24 PM

I do not know if you still check this page. Yet, I live in Iowa City too. Please feel free to ask me any questions, especially since we live in same city! Iowa City is a very safe and nice area. People in Iowa City are very educated. You will find it seems everyone has at least a college degree(and most have postgraduate or more). There are not too many dangerous areas here. I think people here will welcome you. If you want, you can ask me anything. I will try to help. jodssmile

• Re: We are from Russia

by armando101 Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 11:49 AM

please tell me more about Russia. I would love to go one day and meet my future wife.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines