Ios Island Travel Answers

change location

Ios or Crete?

by greecelover1 Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM

My senior class is trying to decide whether we should go to ios or crete. We are looking for somewhere that will be busy in May and have a lot of wild parties. Does anyone know which one of these two will be more appropriate for our purposes?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Ios or Crete?

by Ouzone Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Neither, way too early in the season, such places don't get going until July/August.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ios or Crete?

by greecelover1 Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Do you know any greek islands that do "get started" in May?

• doodybee's Profile Photo

Re: Ios or Crete?

by doodybee Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM

none of th egreek islands seem to have a " season" lasting longer than late june to late august - some have as little as 5 weeks high season where the resoorts are at max occupancy

try Aiya Napa Cyprus - or Majorca/Ibiza on the Spanish Balearic Islands if you need to go this early in the year

Have fun where ever you end up
    Julie

• brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Ios or Crete?

by brotherleelove Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I go to Santorini, which is next to Ios, from mid-May to Mid-June. By then the youth-oriented nightlife in the main village of Fira is very lively. You won't have any problem finding the bars and restaurants open then, but keep in mind that drinks in some of the bars can get very expensive, as much as 10-15 euro for a cocktail depending on where you go and 8 euro for a beer.

Crete is not known as a 'wild party' sort of island, although I'm sure there are exceptions. I just don't think you'll find them in May. Crete is better known for the diverse landscapes, hiking and excellent beaches. In May Ios will be in the beginning stages of it's annual transformation into the #1 Greek Party Island, and if you're arriving as a large group that will go a long way to creating the party mood there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines