Ios Island Travel Answers

change location
mattaustralia's Profile Photo

ferry's from santorini /athens

by mattaustralia Online Now Jun 25, 2003 at 8:33 PM

i have looked at many timetables for ferries on the internet and they all seem to contradict each other! whats for sure - is that there seems to be a ferry to santorini each day. my question is: can anyone tell me how frequent the ferrys are from santorini to IOS ? is there a morning and an afternoon service? i am coming in september. thanks!! :-)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: ferry's from santorini /athens

by brotherleelove Online Now Jun 25, 2003 at 9:43 PM

Right now there are several ferries a day between Santorini and Ios, starting at 7:30 AM until 10:00 PM, but the schedule changes after the summer rush, so whatever timetable you find now may not apply then. That being said, in September there will still be at least one ferry a day between the two islands, probably two, one in the morning and one in the early evening. The trip takes between 1 hour and 3.5 hours depending on the boat and whether or not it's non-stop . Some of the boats go to different islands before eventually getting to Ios. Some are express boats and some are car ferries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mattaustralia's Profile Photo

Re: Re: ferry's from santorini /athens

by mattaustralia Online Now Jun 25, 2003 at 9:50 PM

thanks!! :-)

• dc.milo's Profile Photo

Re: ferry's from santorini /athens

by dc.milo Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 3:14 AM

I have no idea about the time tables, but I know youre going to have fun. go to the slammer bar and have one for me. Cheers

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines