Ios Island Travel Answers

change location
Yojjan's Profile Photo

Santorini, ferry and hotel? (on my way to Ios)

by Yojjan Online Now May 12, 2003 at 11:25 AM

Me and two friends are arriving late on the 4th of june to Santorini airport and we figure that we will have to stay the night at Santorini and the next day continue to Ios. Though, we would like to book a cheap hotel in advance, just so we know eher to go when we arrive, do any of you have any suggestion? I am also wondering from where the ferry goes to Ios, is it in Ioa or where????? Thanks!!! /Yohanna

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Santorini, ferry and hotel? (on my way to Ios)

by brotherleelove Online Now May 12, 2003 at 1:17 PM

Booking a hotel on Ios in early June is not necessary. When you get off the ferry there will be many people there to offer you a room. My suggestion is that you do some research as to the layout of Ios, download a map and ask them to point to where their rooms are. That way you will know if it's where you'd like to be for your stay there. http://www.homersinn.net/maps.htm# holidays-in-greece.com/cycla...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Santorini, ferry and hotel? (on my way to Ios)

by brotherleelove Online Now May 12, 2003 at 1:19 PM

The ferry leaves Santorini from the ferry port of Athinios on the southern end of the island. There will be a bus from the main village of Fira to take you there in time to catch your boat. When you get to Fira ask in any travel agency at the bus square in the center of town for information about the ferry.

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Re: Santorini, ferry and hotel? (on my way to Ios)

by Pakistaniguy Online Now May 12, 2003 at 2:09 PM

Hello ! You will love Santorini. If you can manage to see the sunset or Sunrise in Santorini Island then its one of the most beautiful sights u would have ever seen ! hundreds of tourists go to Oia Valley in the evening to see the Sunset ! it was undescribably magnificent ! Where to stay ? What to do after coming out of the Airport ? Once u come out of the airport. Take a taxi. I think it takes fixed 10 Euros from Airport to FIRA Valley which is the capital town of Santorini Island. Once u are in FIRA, find youth hostel or PETROS PENSION - This pension is really really good ! clean and nice rooms. I stayed there for 35 Euros for one night in OFF SEASON (Nov.) The harbour for the ships and boats is down the hill from FIRA valley after a 15 mins walk (i guess). So, have fun and for more info check everything on my Santorini Page. Best of Luck ! Muhammad Umer. -------------------

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines