Travel Answers
Inwa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jameslewis's Profile Photo

Prayer Bowls singing Bowls Where to Buy ???

Burma Feb 26, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Looking for a shop that sells old metal ware specifically prayer bowls. These are the bowls Monks use to make a wonderful harmonic sound as you roll a wand around the edge of the bowl. A wonderful sound used to meditate. The ones made of bronze have the best tone. Any suggestions. Jimmy

more
    • overnight stop between Inle Lake and Mandalay

Burma Feb 3, 2015 at 11:18 PM

I would like to know if I were to break my journey between Inle Lake and Mandalay, whcih town (with the most decent accommodation) should I pick for overnight stop?

more
    • Busses during the water festival

Burma Feb 3, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I have come across many websites saying the busses are not driving during the water festival, and when i checked http://myanmarbusticket.com i saw that i couldn't book busses from the 10.04.2015-20.04.2015. This is kind of problematic since i'm staying in myanmar from the 04.10.2015-18.04.2015, and i need to travel from different cities.. Do any of you know if most of the busses are driving during the water festival, and if they do, do you know any websites where i can book the tickets cheap?

A second question is whether it is necessary to actually book the tickets from home, and just look at the local bus schedule when arriving in the different cities?

Thanks

more
    • jameslewis's Profile Photo

Singing (Prayer) Bowls, older ones ?????

Burma Feb 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM

In Myanmar right now and looking for an antiquities dealer or pawn shop in one of the larger cities. Looking for a shop off the beaten path used by locals and not a mall shop. My sister is trying to find a bowl for meditation. Anything come to mind? Thanks Jimmy

more
    • crisgastardo's Profile Photo

Is commuting around possible?

Rangoon Feb 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM

This would be my first time to personally experience Burma/Myanmar. It will be in August 2015 and probably shared with friends (hopefully). I plan to spend 2 full days in each major city, from Yangon to Bato to Mandalay and the Old Bagan. What are the recommendable transport to take to cross these cities without sacrificing the fun tours? What could be the best things to do and see in each destination points? I would love to hear your endorsements.

more
    • Where is Marble Street in Mandalay, Myanmar? I searched Google map but no result! 

Mandalay Feb 25, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Where is Marble Street in Mandalay, Myanmar? I searched Google map but no result! I would like to visit this marble Buddha statues makers place when I travel to Yangon in Mar/2015!
      - Dennis

more
    • Shwedagon Pagoda refurbishment.

Rangoon Feb 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM

We will be in Yangon on March 16th and wondered if the refurb of the Swedagon Pagoda will be completed by then?
      Thanks.

more
    • Buying a marble Buddha statue in Yangon

Rangoon Feb 24, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Where to buy a marble Buddha statue (1m tall) in Yangon and have it shipped to USA? I will travel to Yangon Mar 8/2015 and looking to buy Buddha statues. Thanks.
      -Dennis

more
    • travel by car from Inle Lake to Bagan

Burma Feb 3, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Has anyone ever travlled by private car or taxi from Inle Lake to Bagan? I am interested in travelling this route, would like to know how long will it take. I Wonder if this is a shorter route compared to Inle Lake to Mandalay route? Is there a town with decent accommodation which I can do a overnight stop between Inle lake andBagan?
      Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

more
    • Ryan414's Profile Photo

Recommendations please

Burma Feb 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I have 20 days landing in Yangon. Was thinking some time in Yangon, Bagan and Lake Inle. Any recommendations on where to stay, things I shouldn't miss? Other places I should stop? Thank you, I'm super excited!

more
    • ambar_bs's Profile Photo

Travelling solo; how much money should be carried per day basis?

Burma Feb 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hi, I will be in Myanmar for 11 days.And read in some forums that it's difficult to withdraw cash with cards. I will try to book most of the places to stay online, beforehand, as much as possible. My planned itinerary is Yangon(2 nights) -> Bago(not sure yet) -> Inle Lake(1-2 night) -> Mandalay(2 nights) -> Bagan(3-4) -> Yangon(1 night) .
      I would mainly like to know the following:

1. Need to have an idea about how much money I need for food and commuting around the beforementioned places.
      2. How widely is credit cards accepted for hotel/guest_house payments?

Thanks!

more