Inverness Travel Answers

change location

Caravan Tourist

by dancingchappy Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Thank you Uncle Andrew for your very helpful advice, my wife and I plan to tour Scotland in September for the very first time, to celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary,we intend to visit Culloden and stay at the Caravan Club site there, then travel South from Inverness to the Isle of Skye, is the route given, B582, to Fort Augustus suitable for Car and Caravan outfit, your help would be very much appreciated, and may save me some embarrassing many thanks.
A Chapman

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lichtie's Profile Photo

Re: Caravan Tourist

by lichtie Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Are you sure about your route? Under the UK road numbering system, the B582 will be in Zone 5, which is North/East of the A5, west of the A6. At a guess, it will be somewhere near Liverpool.

Your quickest route from Culloden to the Skye Bridge is A96, A9, A82, A887, A87 (but you can miss out the shortcut via the A887 if you want to visit Fort Augustus - stay on the A82 until Fort Augustus & pick up the A87 there.

All these roads are suitable for a car/caravan combo

You can get a detailed route from theaa.com/travelwatch/planne...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Adelle123's Profile Photo

Re: Caravan Tourist

by Adelle123 Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM

As above, I've never heard of the B852, however most routes between Inverness and Skye are ok for caravans. Which ever route you choose, PLEASE PLEASE pull over and let cars pass. Remember that at the back of any queue you cause could be an ambulance. Enjoy :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines