Inverness Travel Answers

change location

Distance

by emmzy Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 3:13 AM

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it would take to get from Lochgoilhead to Inverness? and also from Inverness to Isle of skye? Thanx.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • domenicococozza's Profile Photo

Re: Distance

by domenicococozza Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 3:23 AM

From Lochgoilhead to Inverness takes about 3.5 hours driving and is a distance of 237 kms.
    From Inverness toIsle of Skye takes about 2.25 hours and is a distance of 157 kms.
    You could print off a route map from Viamichelin or Google Maps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Even better, print off a route map from:

theaa.com/travelwatch/planne...

which will tell you where speed cameras and any roadworks are, as well as which parts of the route are prone to congestion. (The AA is one of the UK's motoring organisations).

• STEWMASS's Profile Photo

by STEWMASS Online Now Apr 2, 2008 at 4:14 AM

You have accurate information from the previous replies. However, I suppose it also depends on how often you stop to take photos. I have just returned from touring in the Inverness area and also took in a day trip by car to Skye. The scenery is quite stunning at the moment with plenty of snow on the tops of the mountains. However, please be carefull on the roads and keep a look out for the roaming deer. On the A87, there was a 5 mile stretch where there were dozens of deer within 50 metres from the road and we noticed 4 lying by the side of the road which had obviously been struck by passing vehicles. Have fun.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines