Interlaken

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

by chanwly Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

more
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

by chanwly Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Visiting the Jungfrau or Schilthorn

by Gusknust Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi, everyone. I'll arrive in Interlaken on March 16th and leave on the 19th, so, as you can see, I'll stay only two full days in town. My partner and I are looking forward to making the most of it and would love to visit either the Jungfrau or the Schilthorn.
      So:
      1) I was told that the trip to the Schilthorn is more beautiful and cheaper;
      2) The Jungfrau is our first choice, but looking for info on the Internet just made us more confused. I read some advise on booking tours quite beforehand (in this case, I'd try to book it from here, Rio, over the Internet). But the staff at the hostel where I'm staying, who seem to be the nicest people, told me not to do this as the whole tour thing will depend on the weather and I should arrive there and check if the next day would be sunny and then buy tour tickets. :/
      3) A friend swears to me he paid no more than CH60 for a tour to the Jungfrau. However, because I could not understand what I should pay for in one of the sites advertising tours (there's too much info, and they mention train journeys etc. and I could not get all that sorted out. All I want is to leave the Rugenpark B&B where I'm staying and go visit the Jungfrau for a day. Then, I asked the hostel staff and they said they sell the tours there and it would be around CH200 per person. Well, from CH60 to CH200 is a huge leap. Of course there are things I may be missing, like, maybe the CH200 tour includes lunch or any other extras in the spot that my friend may have paid for too, but was just not included in his tour. Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that buying tour packages at a hotel front desk end up being way more expensive than going to a tour office nearby and getting a bargain. So, I just don't want to regret spending more money than I should, especially when I could do so much more with the same amount.
      4) Any suggestions on what else to do on the other day we'll have left? I heard of an amazing waterfall that is worth seeing.
      Please, do advise. It'll be most appreciated.
      Signed: clueless Interlaken tourist :D
      P.S.: Interlaken was not in our original travel plans, as we were supposed to stay 25 days in Rome and Paris only. But we've been to Bern once and Switzerland is such a lovely country we decided to stop shortly at Interlaken and Gruyères on our way North to Paris...

12 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Getting to Interlaken from Rome, by train

by Gusknust Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Hi, everyone! I'll be arriving in Rome on March 8th and will leave the city on March 16th heading for Interlaken. Can any of you advice on train itineraries and prices? I believe there's no direct train for this trajectory and I'll probably have to get off a train coming from Rome and get another train to Interlaken. How long would that trip take (I'm looking for the less expensive options, but, in case a regular train takes too long, I'd consider buying fares for a faster train)? How much would that probably cost? I believe there will be some sort of control when I get off in Switzerland to take a second train. So, how long should I allow between one train and the other so that I don't miss the second train? Please, advise. Thank you.

20 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • Driving from interlarkin to lucerne in early April 2014

by Deisal10 Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Is it possible to drive between the two places in April or are the roads still closed.thank you Grant

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • trip to switzerland in end march / early april

by Babarmalik Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM

My family is planning a trip to switzerland end march when the kids r off from school. Planning to stay 4 days in geneva followed by 3 days in interlaken followed by 3 days in grindlewald. From grindlewald, to go up to jungfrau. As this will be my first trip to switzerland, would appreciate any advise on this trip. Are the number of days enough for each city? What will the weather be like? As I will be in grindlewald for 3 days, do I nedd to stay 3 days in interlaken? Advise requested. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Switzerland in February

by husain.akhtar26 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM

We are a honeymoon couple and would like to visit Switzerland in February. We are not that interested in winter sports. Just want to visit Zurich, Interlaken, Jungfrao, Geneva. Please advise if it will be a good time to visit in February and what will be the weather like?

10 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • what is the best one or tow peaks around interlaken

by wolfgang-amadeus Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM

traveling next june for to the area with 20 month baby. stays in iseltwald.
      i got confused from all the peaks around:
      there is the Niederhorn cable car from beatenberg, the cable car to harder-klam, the train to Schynigeplatte and the brienz rothorn bahn...
      besides the scenery we would like to go up to a place with option for small hikes suitable for boogie...
      if i take 2 peaks out of these options what is your recomandation?,,,

5 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    • cloths to be worn during 1st week of November 2013

by mallikarjuna Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM

cloths to be worn during 1st week of November 2013 in Switzerland?

6 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Travelling to Interlaken in Decmber 25th to 29th.... Is it advisable?

by Shilu1177 Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

We will be travelling to interlaken in December btw 24-29th is it advisable? From Canada so not worried about the cold temps

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    • Looking for deep blue edelweiss pottery dinnerware

by Lynns6 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I'm trying to find hand-painted navy dinnerware with edelweiss on it. I bought one bowl when I was there in Interlaken and wish I had bought a whole set! Any ideas how to find out if it's still available? I bought the small bowl (the size of a cereal bowl) in an old dusty shop and I don't remember the name, but they sold EVERYTHING, from stuffed bears to cowbells, from wooden toys to t-shirts. Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    • SabrinaFair's Profile Photo

Question about interlaken

by SabrinaFair Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Can someone give me advice on which is the best month to go to Interlaken, Switzerland? We want to enjoy the warmer temps and outdoor activities and lakes yet also ski in the mountains...thanks in advance...

15 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    • Mumthahin's Profile Photo

train timing

by Mumthahin Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 7:12 AM

what is the timing of train from interlaken to saanen and price

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    • interlaken to innsbruck

by saswatachaudhuri Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM

how to go by train from interlaken to innsbruck? what is the time taken? is it possible to travel with lot of luggage?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    • joen23's Profile Photo

Place to stay and things to do around

by joen23 Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Where is the best and cheapest place to stay in interlaken? Planning to stay 2 days there and what are things that i can do and you would recommend? how is Grindelwald?

7 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    • Zurich to Interlaken

by sgo99 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM

We have a ten hour halt at the airport between the connecting flights. I am travelling on 7th July.
      Do you think it is possible to visit interlaken and mount titlis and be back on time to catch the connecting flight ?
      If not what sightseeing would you advise.
      Please help.

4 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • Horseback Riding

by LizBresler Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM

One of my dreams is to ride horseback in Switzerland. Is anyone aware of a reputable stable or center where we can horseback ride for a few hours? Traveling from Zurich to Interlaken to Geneva, so Lucern area, Interlaken area (Lauterbrunnen or Kandersteg) would be fab. Thank you!

1 Answer Jul 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    • Booking a vacation rental

by apoornima Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM

HI,
      We are planning book an vacation rental in interlaken. we choosed the apartment from the below site
      interlaken.ch/en/region-reso...
      This is the first time we are booknig from the owner directly instead of using regular booking sites like booking.com.
      These vacation rentals are not found in regular booking sites. We not sure if this is a common practice in swizterland.
      Is it safe to transfer the money directly to owners account ?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • Transport

by apoornima Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 4:34 AM

HI,
      We are travelling in august to Interlaken, we would like to stay in near by towns around Interlaken like Goldswill or Riggenberg. Can anyone tell me how long the public transport runs between interlaken and the towns. Generally we would like to go back at 10:00 pm in the night. Is it possible if we stay in any of these small towns.

would appreciate a quick reply.

4 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • Trying to reserve a campsite

by Lidabeljane Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Hello, we are trying to reserve a campsite at Manor Farm and they do not answer our emails, do we need to reserve a place or are there always spots around the 9th July? It is a 4 man tent.

4 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    • StacyL15's Profile Photo

Leaving luggage at train station

by StacyL15 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Is there a limit on leaving luggage at a station in Interlaken. I would like to leave for about 4 days. Is this ok or is there a better option?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • luggage to zurich airport

by mediratta2000 Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 3:06 AM

If i book my luggage on 13th aug. 2013 at interlaken ost station can i get it at zurich airport station at 11 am next morning?

1 Answer Jun 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • clothing in interlaken and jungfrau

by Sivavg Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

we are from Malaysia and planning trips to Interlaken and Lucerne in mid june this year. I have little daughter and would need advise on the proper clothing to wear with the weather and dinning. I m planning tour to the highest peak too. Please advise.

5 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • JessiO's Profile Photo

How hard is the hike to Augstmatthorn?

by JessiO Online Now May 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I have seen pictures and this hike looks amazing! But unfortunately I can't find a lot of information about the length or level of difficulty of the hike. Our time in Interlaken is very limited so I want to do as much of the planning now as I can so we don't waste any time. We will be there the first week in June.

2 Answers May 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    • Jungfrau - Problem with the tickets

by joanamopa Online Now May 13, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Hello!
      We would like to go to Jungfrau on Saturday 1st June due to an special offer for Spanish people but with this offer is compulsary to make the reservation on-line and then print the tickets in paper (it is not possible to buy the tickets at the station).
      We have contacted the hotel but they have told us it is not possible to do it at the hotel.
      As weather predictions can vary a lot from one day to another, it is complicated to reserve it before leaving home.
      So, could anybody inform us about if there is any place at Interlaken where we could book and print the tickets or how could we solve the problem?
      Thanks.

4 Answers May 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    • infinity-syndrome's Profile Photo

Photographer in Interlaken

by infinity-syndrome Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Hello,
      in some cities/towns I saw advertisements of photographers in the main streets. Does anyone know is there something like that in Interlaken? We would like to order a 1 hour photo session in that region. Do any agancies in Interlaken have such service?

2 Answers May 1, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • Getting from Zurich to Interlaken

by travelgirl320 Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I am trying to book a train ticket from Zurich to Interlaken however, the website is only giving me dates with no times. Can you buy a roundtrip ticket and use that ticket at whichever time you'd like?

3 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    • Where to leave the car?

by cathy9510usa Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Hi,

We'll be traveling by car through Germany and Switzerland and want to stay in the car-free village of Murren. Any suggestions on where we can leave the car safely (and inexpensively) for 2 nights?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

4 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • Zurich 26.08.2013 to Zermatt 27.08.2013 to Interlaken Ost 30.08.2013 to Paris

by dswiat Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Please help. I have listed my itinerary above. Wish to spend 3 days in Interlaken as our hub for day trips of Berner Oberland region including Grimmelwald, Murren, Jungfraugh Top of World trip. Then to Paris from Interlaken Ost on morning of 30.08.2013. I am confused about which transportation tickets are best and most economical that will accommodate our needs. Two adults traveling together at all times. I have been looking at Swiss Pass, Point to Point Tickets, Transfer tickets, Berner Oberland passes and I am totally confused. Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your kind consideration.

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • Greenfield Festival

by lindaewong Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Are Interlaken & surrounding areas super crowded when the festival is in town in June each year?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • annas223's Profile Photo

what is the best way to travel in interlaken?

by annas223 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM

i'm thinking of going there with train, but both of my friend who had been there suggest me to go by car, since i can stop along the way, where the view is beautiful. any suggestion?

10 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM