Interlaken Travel Answers

change location

Is it OK to travel to interlaken next weekend??

by teertha Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I plan to travel to Interlaken nxt wknd but no idea about the weather there - is it good to travel this season??i am already in basel and will be for another 2 weeks only.i will only be sightseeing.intend to stay at interlaken for a day- i had no idea about Grindelwald n Jungfrau unless i read in this forum - is it advisable to go there too in this season??which is a better place to stay interlaken or grindelwald??any suggestions - am looking for a decent accomodation which is not too pricey.
I have casual sports shoes on me - will it b ok or is boots a requirement??if so is there an option to hire the same coz i am there only for a day??
how should i plan my day if ...say i reach there by 11:30 am and will be there until 3:00 p.m nxt day... pls advice.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Is it OK to travel to interlaken next weekend??

by Agraichen Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM

All depends on the weather next week. Check thier web site for up to date info at http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/ It is currently predicting sun but with clouds and the possibility of snow showers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I think that you will have the best mountain-scenery when you stay in Muerren, a carfree village high above Lauterbrunnen and opposite of that village you will find lots of mountains around 4000m high like Eiger, Moench, Jungfrau.

• Richard.GVA's Profile Photo

by Richard.GVA Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Easy to find weather forecasts on the web and - as you are in Basel - on TV and the radio. Weather has been rather stable these days with temperatures around freezing point, occasional snofalls and sunny periods... so OK for February.
    However, if you only stay in Interlaken, you will be rather bored. It is an expensive small town that has not much to offer in winter, but could be a good basde for full-day sightseeing trips and winterssports. Still, I would rather choose Grindelwald to stay overnight.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines