I’m planning a 3 day trip to Switzerland end of November (23-26 Nov) along with my wife and 3 yr daughter. Here is the schedule:
• Arriving in Geneva at 11AM on Nov 23 and flying out of Geneva on Nov 26 at around 11.
Can somebody suggest the best places to visit in that time frame ? I’m planning to buy Swiss Rail Pass (4 days).
• How is the weather in Interlaken and Jungfrau region, does it make sense to stay in Interlaken area for 3 nights. What can I see/do in Interlaken region end of November ?
• Is there any place to keep you warm at Jungfrau top, like any building/restaurant, just in case it gets too cold for my daughter.
• If I get off the train at the top of the Jungfrau, how soon can I get the next train back, just in case it is too foggy or windy for my kid to stay there ?
• Do you think it is a good idea to take the Rail rides through scenic routes instead of exploring Jungfrau region in November ? What are the best scenic route rides ?
• I was thinking of taking Golden Pass Ride from Geneva to Interlaken when I arrive Geneva. Is it a good idea especially since we’ll have some luggage to carry with us before we checkin into any hotel at Interlaken ?
* How is the weather in other parts of switzerland, especially along the train routes(golden pass, glacier express), in case I plan to take those rides and want to get down at different places for sight seeing ?
• Is there any food served in the trains ? Is it very expensive ?
Here is my tentative plan:
• Arrive at Geneva and take Golden Pass Ride to Interlaken.
• Second day go to Jungfrau, weather permitting.
• Third day, stay at Interlaken and take some boat rides or go to some village nearby. Other option is to take a day trip to Zuric (may be continue on Golden Pass upto Lucerne) …OR take some other Rail ride.
• Leave for Geneva Early morning…is it a good idea to do this given that I have an early morning flight and it takes 3 hr by train from Interlaken to Geneva…OR shall I spend my last night at Geneva ?
Please share your thoughts and experiences....
Thanks in advance !