Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Travel Answer Locations

• monkeygoblin's Profile Photo

beach hut providencia

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Jan 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Is it worthwhile booking accommodation in advance for this gem of an islet, or best to checkout the options upon arrival? looking for a relaxed, quiet little beach hut.

• Sport fishing in Providencia

Isla de Providencia Dec 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM

We are planning a trip to Providencia in March and I would like to know if anyone on the island offers sport fishing. I would like to find someone with a comfortable boat with good quality tackle and gear if at all possible.

• flights San Andres to Providencia

Isla de Providencia Sep 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I want to fly from San Andres to Providencia in February. The Satena website gives no availability for any flights - is this because I'm trying too far ahead, or are all the flights actually full already?

• seeking hotel with hot tub

Isla de San Andrés Mar 30, 2011 at 6:18 AM

seeking a hotel with an "in room" hot tub and adjacent rooms as well

1 Answer Apr 1, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    • deep sea fishing

Isla de San Andrés Jun 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Does anyone have any clue if there is deep sea fishing on Sand Andres?

If so, what are the best companies and what are the prices?

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 29, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    • tomlemes's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Providencia over Christmas

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Oct 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM

A friend and I are planning on visiting Providencia over Christmas 2009. It sounds super chilled which is great, but we wonder whether we *need* to book accommodation before we get there - I gather that the high season starts around mid December, and most places seem to get very busy around Christmas. We would prefer mid to low budget places and are whilst we are fairly easy going about things, we don't want to spend Christmas without anywhere to stay! Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Tom

2 Answers Feb 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    • san andres/providencia HELP

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia May 15, 2009 at 6:10 AM

Hi, i'm planning a trip for december 2009 to san andres from miami. Some group members already bought tickets for 8 days. Is that too long? would you recommend going to providencia maybe 2 or 3 days ? and does anybody know how much a flight from san andres to providencia is?? ANY help would be great thank you

• HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS

San Andrés Jan 26, 2008 at 2:45 AM

I am coming to San Andreas, Columbia and was wondering if there is "high speed" internet access somewhere? I have to work for awhile while there and require high speed, not dial up service. Would appreciate knowing where to locate a service there, if possible.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    • San Andres

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Dec 13, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Hey all,

I have a couple questions about San Andres, the small island closer to Nicaragua than Colombia. My girlfriend wants to go somewhere over Christmas, and have been told about San Andres. A travel agent has given us a pretty good price for an all-inclusive, Decameron San Luis.

I guess I'm a bit concerned with things to do on the island. I am not an all-inclusive type of traveler whatsoever. I have backpacked through SE Asia, India, Yemen, and many other places. But the package is the cheapest one available.

My questions are about any cultural things to see on San Andres? Things to do in the day (besides lounging on a beach drinking). What are the prices for things around the island (meals, transportation) places where locals hang out (don't want to be stuck talking to only foreigners). My girlfriend speaks Spanish, so that's not really a problem. Also, can I exchange Mexican Pesos for Colombian Pesos there? Or only US Dollars? What's the best currency for exchange, or should I just use ATM's?

Cheers,
      David

1 Answer Dec 25, 2007 at 11:36 AM
    • mcaffa's Profile Photo

Lodging in San Andrés

Hello again!

We are not completely sure yet whether we'll be going to Providencia or to San Andrés for our honeymoon. If we do San Andrés, we don't want to go to a huge Decameron resort or anything or the likes.

I heard about the Cocoplum Beach Resort and ran into some mixed reviews. Some say it was perfect and others say it was so-so. Can anyone here tell me about the place?

Thank you!

1 Answer Dec 4, 2007 at 9:28 PM
    • mcaffa's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Providencia - HELP!

Hello!

If we spend our honeymoon in Providencia, would it be better to stay at the Sol Caribe or at Cabañas Miss Mary? We're not looking for full-out luxury, but we don't want to "rough it" either. What we would like is something clean, comfortable, cheery and right on the beach.

Is seven days too long or just right for a stay there? We want to relax and beach-bum but we don't want to get too bored there either.

Since March is low season there (so I've read), will it be completely dead or will the island be the same as usual?

A stay in San Andres is in our budget. If we go to Providencia instead, will we end up spending less, more or about the same amount of money as if we were in San Andres?

Thank you!!!!

2 Answers Oct 6, 2007 at 12:55 PM
    • Hotel Hill Side View San Andres

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Mar 21, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Hi. Does anybody know of a website for this hotel? Also, what about an alternative email address, hillsideview@yahoo.com apprears to be inactive. I see a telephone number for them; however, my spansih is very good. Thanks.

2 Answers May 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM
    • Hotel Hill Side View San Andres

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Mar 21, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Hi. Does anybody know how to contact this hotel through email or the web? The hillsideview@yahoo.com address seems no longer valid.

• Royal Decameron Hotel email

Isla de San Andrés Jan 1, 2007 at 6:00 AM

Hi. I wish to communicate with Royal Decameron . Can you please give me an email for this hotel (probably they have internet , because I read on forum that near hotel exist internet cafe).
      Thank you for your attention,
      Normand Poirier

please send information to: normandpo@videotron.ca

• scuba diving question

San Andrés Sep 24, 2006 at 1:03 PM

i have never been to san andres so im curious to know how much it cost and how long it takes to get certified ?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2006 at 10:52 AM
    • San Andres y Providencia Accommodation

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Aug 23, 2006 at 7:27 AM

I am going to San Andres in October with my boyfriend for about 9 days and I would like to know if anyone has any good accommodation recommendations. I have had a look at the big hotels there (Decameron, hotel Sol etc...) and they look nice but I do not want these big all inclusive mass tourism type places. I am looking for a smaller boutique type hotel or even a private house or villa. We would like more independent style accommodation but I am finding it difficult to find anywhere. It is a special trip so we are prepared to spend a bit more money on the right place.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

1 Answer Aug 29, 2006 at 1:06 PM
    • 99jack's Profile Photo

Colombia, Islands

Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Dec 18, 2005 at 6:58 AM

Heard lots of great things about these two secluded islands, but looking for somewhere to stay, all inclusive if possible. Preference from what I have heard so far is the smaller island of Providencia. Can anyone make any recommendations on somewhere to stay. Most important thing would be a double bed (two traveling) and clean (for the lady of course).

Thanks
      Jack

1 Answer Dec 18, 2005 at 9:05 AM
    • Fly fishing on San Andres Island, Bolivia

Isla de San Andrés Sep 26, 2004 at 6:16 PM

Anyone have information on flyfishing opportunities for permit and bonefish around the island. The location and photos I have found on the internet suggest that there may be some good fishing flats that are easily accessible????

• ¿VIVIR en Providencia? Life in Providencia?

Isla de Providencia May 2, 2003 at 1:47 PM

Me gustaria pasar unos meses (3-6) en Isla Providencia y quisiera saber que necesitaria para no tener problemas de visado,