Innsbruck

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving from Innsbruck to Venice

by Deisal10 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 3:39 AM

We will be travelling from Innsbruck to Venice in the middle of April 2014.Was planning on going via Cortina d Ampezzo, is this the best route to see the Dolimites or is there any other routes open that time of year, the vehicle we are driving has snow tyres fitted. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • axmeg's Profile Photo

should stay for one day or 2

by axmeg Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I WILL BE IN INNSBRUCK for 2 days or 1 day and i get tour to much 1 day i should take i or stay for 2 days if u can provide me place i should visit thx

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    • Help identify a photo I have, please.

by Marnie2013 Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I was in Innsbruck 9 weeks ago (Oct. 2013) and a guide took our group into a small courtyard in the Olde Town section of Innsbruck. There were carved dark wood railings on at least 3 sides going up 3 or 4 floors. It was striking against the light colored walls. There was a small fountain against one wall. I can't recall what she said the building once was. Was it an early school or hospital? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Innsbruck was so lovely and charming to visit. I hope to return and spend more time exploring its historic treasures.

6 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    • Suitable clothing

by CoolRunnings53 Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hi I will be doing the taxi bobsled run on Sunday 1st December. What clothes should I wear?
      How cold will it be?

4 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Restaurants/Cafes with children

by martinsallyandmike Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 4:48 AM

Can someone recommend any restaurants or cafes where children are welcome or where we will be comfortable eating (i.e. highchairs). We have a 3 year old and 18 month old, thanks!

2 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    • beeena1's Profile Photo

snow sports apart from skiing

by beeena1 Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 1:33 AM

what else is there to do in innsbruck part from skiing.
      any ice skating.tobogganing.any other snow sports.
      where can i find it and what would be the cost.

1 Answer Oct 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM

ski companies and prices

by beeena1 Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 1:00 AM

i am planning a stay in innsbruck for 8 n 9 of december. can nayone plz tell me contact info of some good skking company. who can give classes and provide ski gear for me n my husband. also if they hav child care its better since my son is only 3.
      please tell me about their price as well.

2 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • Things to do in Innsbruck

by angelagonzalez Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I am going to spend three days at the end of march in Innsbruck
      What do you recommend to see there and around?

9 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 6:43 PM

3 days in innsbruck???

by beeena1 Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Me.mu husbnd n three yr old son will be going to vienna in start december due to work.we have a three day weekend and are planning to spend it in innsbruck.
      Can you tell me what to do there.
      Anything related to snow would be welcome.i have never skiied before and want to try it.
      Can you suggest good ski area for beginners near to innsbruck.
      We will b staying in hilton most probably because we have a lot of hilton honour poibts we want to spend but any other suggestions are welxome

5 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 2:06 AM
    • Nice cheap places to eat and drink in Innsbruck?

by GenDuv13 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My husband and I are planning to spend a week in Innsbruck in early October. We've provisionally booked a hotel in the old town, and are looking forward to a fairly quiet holiday. I picked Innsbruck because it seems to offer a bit of everything - a smallish town to stroll around, lovely buildings to look at, amazing scenery, and plenty of places within reach for day trips - and we're hoping it won't be too crowded with tourists at that time of year. But most of the budget hotels (or the ones near the old town that aren't already sold out, at least) didn't appear to have restaurant facilities, so we'll be eating out every night, but whenever I do a search for 'where to eat in Innsbruck' I just get a list of fancy restaurants which are recommended for their haute cuisine. We're not interested in international fine dining, or in trendy nightclubs and cocktail bars; we were hoping more for friendly pubs serving beer, wine and local food, but also a bit of variety in menus and prices. (We stayed in a port town in France last autumn and quickly found that every restaurant in the centre had exactly the same menu and the same high prices so it didn't matter where you ate!) We'd like to be able to eat out cheaply and have a few drinks without spending a fortune, but maybe splash out on something a bit fancier for 1 or 2 occasions. Anyone got any suggestions?

Or is Innsbruck maybe not the place for us? I like a bit of culture, but have no intention of slogging around cramming in 'sights' as quickly as possible, I'd rather get to know the town and feel relaxed there; I also love scenery, but am not into strenuous exercise; and my husband's main interests are food and beer (in the absence of football, TV and the Xbox, LOL). We can still cancel the hotel, and haven't booked the flights yet, so we're not totally committed. I initially looked at Vienna and Salzburg, but they both seemed a bit 'highbrow' for us - we're certainly not planning to visit the opera or the symphony, or go to any balls! So are we likely to find enough relaxed and varied eateries and cafes in Innsbruck to suit our rather modest budget, or should we look elsewhere? Any suggestions gratefully welcomed!

14 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Explanation of train tickets

by Maryimelda Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I have prebooked train tickets from Innsbrueck to Verona on 12 October. When I booked and paid for these tickets, I had to book two separate legs of the journey i.e. Innsbrueck to Brenner and Brenner to Verona. The tickets seem to be open as there are no departure times mentioned on either of them. They have only the date and the bar code thing. My questions are:

1. Does this mean that I can travel at any time on that day?

2. One option available on the timetable that would suit me very well is a direct journey from Innsbrueck to Verona on a Eurocity train. Would my two part tickets be valid for this journey? I did not make a choice to travel on two separate trains, it was just the way the bookings were set up on the Austrian Rail site (through which I made the bookings). I was given no choice.

There are a number of European rail experts amongst you, so I am hoping for some advice here if at all possible. I know it is probably a dumb question but I'm not as young as I used to be, so bear with me please. Thanks in advance.

11 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • lodging in Innsbruck

by tinlyzzy Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Where should I spend one night in Innsbruck? The next day how would I get to Krimml?

7 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Night safety at the train station

by gtognini Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM

I will be in Innsbruck train station at night (23:44 to 01:14 time) and (04:17 to 05:22 time) waiting for the train to Vienna (the first time) and to Brenner (the second time). Meaning I will be at the train station for just over an hour in pitch nighttime. Is this safe? I'm an 18 year old well-traveled student that speaks english, italian, spanish, and french, but virtually zero german.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM
    • Driving from Munich and driving around the city

by cooks02 Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

How long does it take to drive from munich and is it easy to drive around the city?

5 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    • 8 Day road trip in Austria starting at Innsbruck

by damani.anuz Online Now May 31, 2013 at 2:57 AM

We are planning to reach Innsbruck from St. Moritz in the first week of October. From there we (me and my husband) plan to rent a car and drive around Austria. We have 8 full days and would like to start from Innsbruck and fly out of Vienna. Could you please suggest some places where we should definitely stop on our way and places we can stay overnight during our trip. We would like to see a little bit of everything (nature, architecture and anything else Austria is famous for).

Also needed some advice on how to rent a car (pre book it online/directly take from there) and would we require an international driving license. (We come from india).

7 Answers May 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • Road trip within Innsbruck

by panrip Online Now May 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I am in Innsbruck on 26th May and plan to hire a vehicle to explore the city for 7 to 8 hours. What are my options on picturesque routes?

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

DAZ-Ikea mall.

by Maurizioago Online Now Nov 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Is this mall far from Ambras castle? I mean; could I go from this mall to the castle by foot in 10 - 15 minutes?

5 Answers Dec 2, 2012 at 4:42 AM
    • Souvenir hat pins

by Mjpudd Online Now Aug 31, 2012 at 5:49 AM

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Europe including the wonderful areas of Innsbruck, Munich, Zurick and Zermatt. He bought a Tyrolian style hat and we enjoyed collecting pins from each place we visited. However, much to our horror, he left his hat at Security at the Rome Airport.

We are trying to reconstruct his pin collection, but I have not had any luck finding a shop selling pins online. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks for your help,
      Maureen

9 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Innsbruck to Rattenberg.

by Maurizioago Online Now Mar 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I know I can go to Rattenberg by train. I checked on the train web site and I found various train station. Where do have I to get off to be near Rattenberg town center?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Saggen area.

by Maurizioago Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Could you tell me the way to Saggen area from the city center?

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 29, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Restaurant near the train station.

by Maurizioago Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Could you recommend some budget restaurants near the train station, please?

4 Answers Aug 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Budget hotel near th train station.

by Maurizioago Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Could you recommend a budget hotel not far from the train station?

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Day trips from Innsbruck.

by Maurizioago Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Could you recommend me some day trips from Innsbruck, please?

7 Answers Feb 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    • Innsbruck salzburg

by SilviaAurelia Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hi, I have plan to visit innsbruck and Salzburg at the 1st of may, is it still snowy there? Fall in love with Innsbruck pictures with snowy mountain as background, can I see that on early may? And also at the nordkette? ( not for skiing, just scenery and leisure)
      My plan is 2 days for each city, is it enough for scenery-theme visit? Any recommendation about must-do/visit and travel tips at those cities?
      My route is Paris-Innsbruck-Salzburg and maybe Prague or munich or Vienna to catch our flight back.
      Thanks a lot!

6 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    • Where to go from Innsbruck? Need 1 week itinerary!

by toniface Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

I will be in Germany (Berlin primarily) then traveling the stubai glacier to snowboard, then to Innsbruck. I have a week or more to go wherever from there. I need some itinerary recommendations. I've never been to Europe before. I would like to see Venice but I'm not sure if there is anywhere worth staying for a day or two in between. I would be willing to forego Italy if I had some good suggestions for places within a few hours from Innsbruck. Vienna? Zurich? Munich? Help!

11 Answers Oct 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    • travelling from reno

by loriinreno Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Is it better to fly into munich or frankfurt in the middle of January and then drive to innsbruck or fly to innsbruck? Wondering what the roads are like at that time of year and if it is better to rent a car in munich or frankfurt?

5 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    • fdk0001's Profile Photo

Buchbinder or must I use someone else?

by fdk0001 Online Now Oct 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Hi,

I booked a car online for December from Buchbinder in Austria. I read some bad reports about Buchbinder in Austria and espically the one in Vienna. I would appreciate some input from anyone in Austria or that used them before and if I should cancel and rent from someone else.

Thank you very much.

1 Answer Oct 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

crossing the Alps by train in November

by PhillyJohn Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I realize that it may be a silly question, but I was considering a day trip to Bressanone from Innsbruck in early November. I am assuming the trains will not be snowed in at this early date, but I just want to check. I know weather can be unpredictable, but in general, do you forsee any problems?

8 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    • fdk0001's Profile Photo

Ski clothing - December

by fdk0001 Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Hi,

I'm travelling to Vienna and Innsbruck (but mainly Innsbruck) in December (20th - 27th). Hope 1 of the shopping and travel guru's can help me - I am looking for a place that is not too expensive where I can buy ski clothing from - either in Vienna or Innsbruck will do.

And regarding the skiing - must I book in advance or can I just buy a daypass when I'm there? What is the cost? Must I book my ski's online?

5 Answers Oct 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Looking for restaurnant recommendation in Innsbruck for typical Tyrolen meals

by swdke Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Looking for restaurnant recommendation in Innsbruck for typical Tyrolen meals. Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 10:46 PM